FedEx

Customer Service Representative27 reviews
Canada27 reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 24,723 reviews
packagecanadahandlerwarehousedriverfreightshippinghour

Management and fellow workers seem to care about you.

The length of time I spent working for Fedex as a Customer Service Representative was fair. I would actually commend the patience and understanding of my hiring manager.

Pros

very good work culture.

Cons

little reactive to problems, rather than proactive.

Customer service representative

Coworker are supportive but some would do their task at a minimum. So, be prepared for that. Overall its a good company to work for.Weekly paycheck was really good to have.

Insights into FedEx

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Under paid- machine like job

Doesn’t pay well- boring job and back to back calls. The company is a great company if someone has no motivation, doesnt care about being productive and likes to take back to back calls with repetitive tasks such as scheduling a pickup or tracking a package. This is a job for people who love to work with zero effort to think or improve.

Low salary

Management is poor when it comes to work proactively , there is no training for the day to day tasks and they expect you to be a 10/10 employee without offering the right tools and give you the right work load

Pros

Discounts on FedEx services. WFH

Cons

Low salary, zero recognition

call center

this company is a joke they except you to supply fed ex with free high speed internet while working from home with no compensation for it how cheap can they be they are looking for people to work for the least amount of pay as possible avid this cheap company pay was 17.70 went to 18.34 a whole 64 cents how generous

Pros

Cons

loosers as hiring maynagers

Somehow better than other courier company

From bottom to top not sympathize, I tried my best to keep my job, I had asked my SR. Manager, and pledged for my kids sake, but she's very tough. and I recently heard, she's out of her mind. God has punished her.

Pros

Colleagues are good

Cons

Managers are racist

It was a good job with advancdement for the future.

It is a fast paced job. my management was good.I liked working there. it has good health insurance plan and there is chance for advancement. a lot of on job training and on going training as well.

not bad

It is a friendly environment! I find that the training could be taught better with more coaching and less reading by the book classes. Overall it is a good company to start a carrier.

Not good

If you are a computer, it's good. Otherwise more work less money. The boss is in the states and you never meet them. Everything is run by the US. Good to start, not good to stay.

Excellent company to work for

Fedex philosophy is PSP which stand for People, Service, Profit. They have proven time and time again that if you treat you "People" (staff) well they will deliver the "Service" therefore the company will make a " Profit". Simple but so true.

Would not recommended working their! Absolutely the most stressful and happy place to work.

I would not recommend working for FedEx. It is a poor environment.. lack of professionals and is basically a one sided business. I never felt appreciated their.. disrespectful management and employees out to get you and only care about themselves..in any circumstances they were never there to fight for you only if you where in their clique group.. salary was not up to par.. trying to get another job within was pretty much impossible unless you were in a specific group.. they would hire people within the department that had a lower pay or grade as you. I would never tell anyone to work for FedEx! It's stressful and you will definitely get anxiety and depression...guaranteed! I've known many people that have come and gone due to this reason.. oh and forget about being sick or your family being sick they will write you up for that even though they say family comes first! They will not fight for you.. you pretty much have to watch your own back. Management are out for themselves and could care less about their employees.. all they do is gossip and run their mouths about people there! They are never working and always socializing to fit in. I would never recommend working for FedEx! They are a complete joke and they are a lie!

Great Job Security

FedEx was a great work environment, however the job itself was something I could not see myself doing long term. However, my manager was amazing, one of the hardest reasons to leave!

Pros

Amazing Manager

Cons

Long Hours

Customer Service Relations with shipping worldwide.

A typical day at work is receiving holds, opening the front counter, working on issue packages as well and handling walk in customers. As a front facing staff we need to be always in our best mood and understand and empathize with the customer and help as much as possible at store level. There are restrictions throughout the shipping world and we need to be on our toes to catch the unlikely items that would be prohibited in certain countries. We are set with a large list of responsibilities that need to be followed at all times. The workplace is a relatively good place to be, the majority of the time we are faced with being short staffed and that would be the hardest part, we were given 12 hour shifts because of this issue and the hardest part is that we were expected to do these long shifts. It is mentally and physically exhausting. The people; both customers and co-workers are extremely enjoyable and we genuinely have a friendship.

Pros

The people

Cons

Long hours, lack of staff

6 week paid training courses. full time and part time positions. Frequent company events. Best call center in Canada. Room for advancement Consistent work schedule.

Pros

Great people and incentives

Fedex

Fedex is a great company to work for ! The people are great and the work atmosphere is inviting. The work can be repetitive but also varies day to day. Problem solving skills are a must.

Good.

Ok place to work. Heavy on micromanagement, otherwise it is not the worst place to work. Generally, the staff are nice. The management are a bit greedy and over obssessed with pilots though.

Great Place

Great place to work and great environment . People surrounding you are happy and helpful . Team atmosphere and people friendly company policies that take care of you.

Very Corporate

Working for a multinational corporation with a very high employee turnaround, it is hard to feel valued. There is very little in the way of one on one training and support, a very sink or swim environment.

Pros

good base salary, good benefits

Cons

feeling like a cog in a wheel

Great Co-workers

Fun work place with great co-workers. Lots of politics but that's to be expected to any workplace. Learned to perform many task and solve complex issues in a timely manner, no thanks to management. All about the numbers but that's to be expected from such a big company.

Pros

great co-workers

Cons

no room for advancement, pay does not reflect the work you do

Extremely FUN work environment GREAT people, Family culture

The people are FedEx are amazing, always a fun loving environment, the co workers are all welcoming and treat employees like family, the culture is great, management will be there to help you

Pros

Great office environment, people are put first, employees taken care of, great benefits

Cons

Advancement opportunities to new positions can be slow

I never should have left there!

Dealing with irate customers I learned about Management Skills, Communication Skills. Management are great ! Negotiation Skills Co-workers were amazing, really nice people always willing to give a helping hand. Logistics Problem Solving

Pros

Social Events (Lunches, Bakes sales)

Cons

Irate Customers

Customer Service Representative at FedEx

Estimated salary
$17.88 per hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement