FedEx Employee Reviews

Productive and encouraging environment.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON30 September 2018
It is possible for those who wish to advance in the company to do so. The community there is strong, with group summary of what is expected for the day at the beginning of every shift. Hardest part of the job is lifting heavy packages. The management is extremely understanding of any issues you may have, and encourage you to come forward if there are any problems. Overall a great but hard job.
Pros
Long weekend Barbecues and great community.
Cons
Physically Exerting.
Great company
Analyste-programmeur (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
This has to be the best company to work for. The management team respect employees and their work life balance. Employees understand the need of the customer and deliver on the purple promise.
Pros
Pay, benefits work environment
Cons
Possible long hours
over medium review
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2018
well rounded, training provided was decent , but it is a indutry where you must learn as you go. poor wok life balance as you are dealing with a international company, calls and emails at all hours
sans commentaire
Chauffeur Livreur (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC3 September 2018
.non respect des norme de sécurité concernant le travaille demander.véhicule surcharger .travaille dépassant les norme dans un environnement de compétition .Blessure fréquente beaucoup trot de gents sur les accident de travaille.
Management or lack there of continues to get worse
Courier Driver/Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan26 August 2018
Used to be excellent company and place to work, but now all they want is yes employee minions. Numbers numbers is all they care about, customer service doesn’t exist , damaged packages continue to get worse, and raises don’t happen anymore as they come up with excuses why they can’t afford to pay more but continue to brag about record profits .
Lack of leadership, cauddle the lazy incomputant and demand more out of experienced drivers
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, never enough done, pay structure
a fun place to work in
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 August 2018
they only offer part time positions here at fedex but otherwise great company to work in, great benefits too! pleasant work environment. the only full time positions would be the courier position.
Poor culture
Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2018
If you want an off-balance work life, working long hours and feel unappreciated...work at FedEx! Poisonous work culture with no support. Training system is non-existent.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
The list is endless!
good company but the wages are terrible
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 August 2018
I have been a package handler for 4+ years at fedex ground and after doing some research lately have found out ups canada pre loaders and sorters are making $24.71 an hour. That is $7 an hour more than we make. I would say we need someone to organize us because we are getting shafted big time. It is time for fedex to do the right thing and start bridging the gap!
Pros
Good managers
Cons
poor pay
Great Place to work long term
Courier/Handler- Full (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 August 2018
- Long term employees are not compensated
- Benefits are great
- Labor intensive
- To much work not enough staff
- New employees make almost the same amount of money as employees who have been there for a couple years.
Good for short term or if going to school
Call centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 August 2018
FedEx was a cool place to work. Made some great friends while I was there. The management cares and is down to earth. The ceo will sit with you and talk to you. There is no higharchy for the most part. They try and value their employees. It’s a very hard job and very rare for people to stay long term.
Pros
Flight benifits
Cons
Angry customers

Want to know more about FedEx?

Ask a question
Great Company to work for
Courier/Lead Sort Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2018
Great Company to work for. Managers are well trained and good to work under. Fair pay and benefits. Needs to work up to job rate but understandable. Great company to work for
Customer Service Relations with shipping worldwide.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2018
A typical day at work is receiving holds, opening the front counter, working on issue packages as well and handling walk in customers. As a front facing staff we need to be always in our best mood and understand and empathize with the customer and help as much as possible at store level. There are restrictions throughout the shipping world and we need to be on our toes to catch the unlikely items that would be prohibited in certain countries. We are set with a large list of responsibilities that need to be followed at all times. The workplace is a relatively good place to be, the majority of the time we are faced with being short staffed and that would be the hardest part, we were given 12 hour shifts because of this issue and the hardest part is that we were expected to do these long shifts. It is mentally and physically exhausting. The people; both customers and co-workers are extremely enjoyable and we genuinely have a friendship.
Pros
The people
Cons
Long hours, lack of staff
Loading trucks
Shipping and recieving (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 July 2018
The work place culture was good, the only disadvantage for me was the evening work. I found it to be quite late and the hours unpredictable. The evening hours were not consistent so that meant I could not rely on a consistent salary.
Pros
Enjoyed the job.
Cons
The night shift was challenging for me
Excellence
Agent d'import (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC23 July 2018
Lorsque j'ai commencé chez Fedex, j'ai gravi les échelons année après année. C'est l'endroit que j'ai le plus apprécié travailler. À cause de l'ambiance, de la confiance de l'employeur

Il y a un temps ou je commençais à 04:00 pour terminer sur la fin de l'avant-midi, à entrer les informations dans le système de Fedex pour le dédouanement de la marchandise par les différents courtiers, de même que par Fedex.

J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler chez Fedex, car on y est bien traité et reconnu à notre juste valeur. L'ambiance fait en sorte que l'on ne peut donner que le meilleur de nous-même.
Pros
La confiance
Cons
Aucun
okay to work for
Sr. Vehicle technician / shop lead hand (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2018
management company is good fellow employees not so good work life balance is hard due to their hours but not a bad place to work overall benefits are good
Very Productive and excellent workplace
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2018
The most part of this job I've enjoyed is Inventory Control. This is a face paced environment and very friendliest employees/teammates I've ever worked with.
Pros
free meals for appreciation month.
Cons
no interpreter provided for my needs
Good experience
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 June 2018
FedEx is a great place to work, even though it is very challenging at times. Supervisors that are fair and notice your hard work. Pay scale is way better than their competitors by 40% for entry level (Package Handler). I was shocked by that difference. FedEx understands for hard work should be reimbursed with good wages. For that, I commend them. Good luck.
Pros
Good wage for entry level
Cons
Heavy lifting but part of the job.
Good Opportunity and benefits
Driver/Asst. Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2018
Fedex is a great company to work for and has plenty ways to advance in the company. They provide many training and education options. Good bbq's and food days. The company is great the employees are good. Management is okay, depending who you are under.
Pros
benefits for part time, hours, room for advancement
Cons
some managers and leads are micro
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 June 2018
6 week paid training courses.
full time and part time positions.
Frequent company events.
Best call center in Canada.
Room for advancement
Consistent work schedule.
Pros
Great people and incentives
Very Productive and a hard working environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 May 2018
Management in the workplace was great.
I've learned the ability of taking initiative to things that have to be done without being told.
The most enjoyable parts of the job was communicating with my co-workers and getting the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.

56.8K