FedEx Ground Management reviews

Found 48 reviews matching the search See all 6,959 reviews
warehouse work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 June 2019
The job was quite easy and fun. employees were fun and easy to get along with, same with the management. some of the truck drivers were rude though. the job was short shifts and quick 2-3 hour shifts. got paid weekly so that was weird
Pros
fun staff
Cons
early starts
Good physical work environment, worst management I have ever dealt with!
Handler/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON30 May 2019
Writing a review now simply cause of my experience and due to recent ads being posted sparked my interest in doing a review. Worked here in the past and the physical aspect of the job is nice, unfortunately the management and other areas are in need of serious improvements though. Treat staff unfairly and don't listen to any issues or concerns of the employees. They don't follow their own procedures and guidelines when issues concern management's behaviour but they do discipline an employee for theirs (unequal). Lack of training, knowledge and even common sense is far from an important trait that they look for when hiring anything above package handler.
Overall I would not suggest working here simply due to the people(managers and office). I really enjoyed working here because of the workload but the only reason I suggest not too is simply due to the lack of experience from management. Very,very poor staffing!
Pros
Fast paced, physical, fellow employees
Cons
Managers and lack of knowledge/common sense
Fun workplace and amazing coworkers
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2019
Very fast paced and sometimes it can get stressful but usually, coworkers help with busy moments. Management is easy to approach and they try their best to accommodate your needs. The hardest part of this job would be that it can get a little stressful when there are a lot of boxes for certain trucks but you aren't there to reach them.
Pros
good salary/benefits, good coworkers and fun management
Cons
short hours, night shifts
Two Years Wasted
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON18 April 2019
I worked at FedEx for 2 years and was given zero opportunities to move up within the company. I applied several times for an interview; two times they hired employees who had only been there a few months, and the other time I was not even given an interview. HR was not helpful whatsoever in addressing the matter.

I was also very upfront about my mental health and was given very little support. Management is subpar; they do not address employees' concerns properly. The only perk was benefits, and even that wasn't worth working there. Don't waste your time.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Favouritism
Senior Operations Administrative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2018
Work place culture is not as you think of, you are hired on seasonal basis mostly and promise to get extensions but if they dont like you they only tell you by mouth not to show up for work tomorrow. Too much favourtism.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 October 2018
Management is good. Carrier wise so many options to go farward. Every long weekend they have barbecue. Good pay but work is little hard,provides dental and health care benefits and also for students inburisment tution fee
Pros
Free treaty
ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2018
FedEx Ground is a great company to work with and for.
Management allows you to expand your knowledge of the job and company without limitation. The workplace culture is a safe , warm and friendly environment. The best part of my day is interacting with an array of different people as FedEx is such a diverse company.
Pros
good benefits, great management, safe environment
Cons
lack of communication in some departments.
no pressure
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON8 July 2018
In 20 years of working various warehouse jobs hands down the best place I have ever worked and its has nothing to do with the money but how management treat everyone fairly.
Bad management, lots of stress, favoritism
Part time package handler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 June 2018
LET THIS BE A FAIR WARNING TO YOU...this has to be one of the worst jobs. Firstly horrible manager. They literally don't care about you, your injuries or your health. All they care about is productivity and numbers. That is all you are to them..a number. They act like they care but they really don't. The job itself is very demanding. To whoever says the Cambridge Hub is a great place to work..your crazy! I've learned two things there how to become crippled and how to suffer from very high blood pressure. Outbound manager has lack of problem solving skills. If your behind on schedule he will start slamming and yelling at staff. Outbound manager is always angry and you can tell in staff faces they don't like working there. If you are not favored there don't expect to be treated with respect...In a lack of a better word, the outbound manager bullies some staff. New hires come and honestly do not get trained properly. They usually get shoved right into the line and learn from other staff, Outbound manager does not take the time to train them. Enjoyable part of the job is working with co-workers. Met some really good workers and also dealt with some really clueless ones. Honestly this is a dead end job. If you like being stressed out day to day, coming into work with hating every minute of it, by all means apply. Instead of recommending people to apply, I WOULD HONESTLY SAY STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AS POSSIBLE.

Take this as a fair warning!
Pros
Free monthly food during meetings
Cons
tons of stress
Physically Demanding Job
Courier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2018
A very double standard company to work for they preach safety 1st but anytime an employee makes a safety decision that ends in a parcel not being delivered you are reprimanded for your actions severely
Pros
Daily rate
Cons
Very long hours
Strong group of Senior Managers
SR HR Representative (Term - Mat. Leave Coverage) (Former Employee) –  I covered Manitoba to Alberta region (Prov).2 May 2018
Senior Operations Management are an awesome group of people who are willing to work with employees who wish to grow their careers from front line package handlers upward. Fun place to work.
Pros
Great Operations Management Team
Cons
Mostly part time work.
Good workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
I found it to be a good job, unfortunately i could not continue working the night shifts. HR was a little unorganized but other than that management was solid.
Pros
good pay
Cons
night shift
FedEx "The World On Time"
Driver (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 April 2018
Think of a company that does not give a poo about their employees. Nothing matters as long as they match their deliveries. The sky could be falling and trucks would still be on the road. There could be delays of 3 hours and they would not remove work to compensate, they would send you off and say "drive safe". Ground division is third party as a lame excuse not to have a Union.
Package Handler, Package Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2018
It's not an easy job, and it isn't for everyone. Once you push through it you're getting good money for part time work, and if you're on the manager's good side they'l let you stay for more hours. Advancement is common within one year. Package handlers often go on to become managers and high level staff quickly. Work hard, get fit, benefits are paid for and there's even a school incentive program.

Women and women of colour are encouraged and often surpass their male counterparts in determination and becoming high level staff. Regardless, everyone seems to be treated with respect while I worked there.

The hardest thing is the willingness to get up and bust your butt that hard for another day but if you can stick with it then it's worth it and if you work hard enough it'll pay off in the long run, you can make a career here if you want to.

Management is OK, just like management anywhere you have to play the game, however everyone truly cares about safety and it's ingrained in the culture. Weekends and holidays off with the occasional optional weekend/holiday offered for more pay.
productive and fun workplace
Package Handler(part time job) (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC15 February 2018
I am happy in working with Fedex as it's a secure environment to work in, the management are very supportive and understanding, it's also very good chance to handle packages that help as if you are practicing exercises
the reason I need to apply in MK is because the work in Fedex is only part time job (evening shift) and I need to improve my income to work as full time job or at least add another part time job to Fedex job.
Pros
Free dinner sometimes, have fun with co-workers, practice exercise
Cons
short time job
Always Room To Grow
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
FedEx Ground is a great company to work with and for.
Pros
good benefits, great management, safe environment
Cons
lack of communication in some departments.
all in all not a bad job
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON22 January 2018
Long hours driving, great customer experience.
gained experience in customer relations and time management as my day was all on me to manage.

enjoyed the Job and seen a bright future ahead, even looked into purchasing the contract at one point but backed out as we had just bought a house. when the new owner took over after we backed out of the purchase, I was let go 6 months in.
As I do not fit into the business moving forward.
due to a new depot being put in near Kirkland lake, he needed a driver from Kirkland Lake.
Pros
work on your own time
Cons
long hours, bad driving conditions.
Be ready to stress out
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 January 2018
Way too busy all year round , mostly furniture now a days 150lbs over a 100 stops easily on a quite day . You never know when your done your day , I wouldn’t again
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Long hours, very heavy product, management is a joke
Hit or miss
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 January 2018
The hub side is ok. lots of work but the managers are nice and respectable. The preload side is terrible. Some managers at Toronto try to make you cry
Decent part time job that contributed towards helping pay bills.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2017
Typical 4 hour shift: have a team huddle, start loading delivery vans from conveyor line. Learned what the value of hard work is! can be moderately to VERY labour intensive. Management did their job. Workplace culture is decent, could be better. Helped pay bills when i was in a financial rut. Overall a decent company for what it is and offers.
Pros
Good for part time work, casual work, decent wage, and benefits.
Cons
Labour intensive, lack of decent job promotion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.

52K