FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

Handling packages
Agent de location d'auto à AVIS BUDGET, Québec (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC9 May 2018
I loved the work. They teach us everything prior to starting the work. Security issues and how to handle packages so as not to damage your waist. I acutally enjoyed my time there.
Strong group of Senior Managers
SR HR Representative (Term - Mat. Leave Coverage) (Former Employee) –  I covered Manitoba to Alberta region (Prov).2 May 2018
Senior Operations Management are an awesome group of people who are willing to work with employees who wish to grow their careers from front line package handlers upward. Fun place to work.
Pros
Great Operations Management Team
Cons
Mostly part time work.
Un model dépassé
Propriétaire exploitant (Former Employee) –  Lévis29 April 2018
Le concept du propriétaire exploitant telle qu'il est aujourd'hui, explique facilement l'érosion des candidats dans le domaine du transport. À plus ou moins 70 heures de travail par semaine, avec tout les risques inhérent au fait d'être propriétaire de son camion, sans vacance, sans journée maladie, sans assurances, sans font pension, sans avoir de temps pour s'entraîner, cuisiner .......
Pour être payé en partie au KM alors que nous affublé d'un réseau routier qui est congestionné à Lévis, à Québec, à Montréal, à l'année.
Pour combien, 60,000$ brut les bonnes années. Sérieux vous vous demandez pourquoi il manque de chauffeur?
Pros
J'ai changé de carrière
Cons
J'ai travaillé 20 ans dans transport.
Good workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
I found it to be a good job, unfortunately i could not continue working the night shifts. HR was a little unorganized but other than that management was solid.
Pros
good pay
Cons
night shift
Physically challenging
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2018
Not one of the greatest jobs I've had. They didn't give me a realistic view of what the job entailed. I wasn't properly trained for it. Demanded a lot time beyond what was expected. Great benefits though.
FedEx "The World On Time"
Driver (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 April 2018
Think of a company that does not give a poo about their employees. Nothing matters as long as they match their deliveries. The sky could be falling and trucks would still be on the road. There could be delays of 3 hours and they would not remove work to compensate, they would send you off and say "drive safe". Ground division is third party as a lame excuse not to have a Union.
Package Handler (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2018
Good place to work, nothing more to say about it.
I am just looking for a full time opportunity as there was only part time available .
i would recommend this company to anyone
Package Handler, Package Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2018
It's not an easy job, and it isn't for everyone. Once you push through it you're getting good money for part time work, and if you're on the manager's good side they'l let you stay for more hours. Advancement is common within one year. Package handlers often go on to become managers and high level staff quickly. Work hard, get fit, benefits are paid for and there's even a school incentive program.

Women and women of colour are encouraged and often surpass their male counterparts in determination and becoming high level staff. Regardless, everyone seems to be treated with respect while I worked there.

The hardest thing is the willingness to get up and bust your butt that hard for another day but if you can stick with it then it's worth it and if you work hard enough it'll pay off in the long run, you can make a career here if you want to.

Management is OK, just like management anywhere you have to play the game, however everyone truly cares about safety and it's ingrained in the culture. Weekends and holidays off with the occasional optional weekend/holiday offered for more pay.
productive and fun workplace
Package Handler(part time job) (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC15 February 2018
I am happy in working with Fedex as it's a secure environment to work in, the management are very supportive and understanding, it's also very good chance to handle packages that help as if you are practicing exercises
the reason I need to apply in MK is because the work in Fedex is only part time job (evening shift) and I need to improve my income to work as full time job or at least add another part time job to Fedex job.
Pros
Free dinner sometimes, have fun with co-workers, practice exercise
Cons
short time job
Always Room To Grow
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
FedEx Ground is a great company to work with and for.
Management allows you to expand your knowledge of the job and company without limitation. The workplace culture is a safe , warm and friendly environment. The best part of my day is interacting with an array of different people as FedEx is such a diverse company.
Pros
good benefits, great management, safe environment
Cons
lack of communication in some departments.
Customs Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 January 2018
Fun place to work at, will learn a lot. very friendly people who are willing to teach you if needed help, does have shorter hours though but does also have good benefits
Pros
Benefits including medical and education
Cons
Short hours
all in all not a bad job
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON22 January 2018
Long hours driving, great customer experience.
gained experience in customer relations and time management as my day was all on me to manage.

enjoyed the Job and seen a bright future ahead, even looked into purchasing the contract at one point but backed out as we had just bought a house. when the new owner took over after we backed out of the purchase, I was let go 6 months in.
As I do not fit into the business moving forward.
due to a new depot being put in near Kirkland lake, he needed a driver from Kirkland Lake.
Pros
work on your own time
Cons
long hours, bad driving conditions.
Productive & Fun workplace
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON22 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of this part time position was the physical workout I received every night. My manager was very down to earth and easy to get along with as well.
Pros
Physical challenge and pay rate
Cons
Time of day of my shift
Be ready to stress out
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 January 2018
Way too busy all year round , mostly furniture now a days 150lbs over a 100 stops easily on a quite day . You never know when your done your day , I wouldn’t again
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Long hours, very heavy product, management is a joke
Respectful nice manager
System Labels Corrector and Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC17 January 2018
The rate is good but the hours its too low sometimes I drive 30 min to reach therw and 30 min for returning too but the hours you work its usually 2:30
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Good rate
Hit or miss
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 January 2018
The hub side is ok. lots of work but the managers are nice and respectable. The preload side is terrible. Some managers at Toronto try to make you cry
Decent part time job that contributed towards helping pay bills.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2017
Typical 4 hour shift: have a team huddle, start loading delivery vans from conveyor line. Learned what the value of hard work is! can be moderately to VERY labour intensive. Management did their job. Workplace culture is decent, could be better. Helped pay bills when i was in a financial rut. Overall a decent company for what it is and offers.
Pros
Good for part time work, casual work, decent wage, and benefits.
Cons
Labour intensive, lack of decent job promotion.
FedEx Ground Package Handler
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 December 2017
Greatness all around this company, Management was great along with the internal structure and organisation of the company. Hard workers and a super friendly staff team.
LSKL Tucking
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 December 2017
Great company nice boss, salery good, too far from my house
traffic crazy hours did not suit my standards . equipment really good, trucks always maintained
Well there's no table tennis but they do have a flat screen that was functional at times
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 December 2017
Just do your job, Don't show that you will break your back for them, They will try to make it happe ln by tasking you with unloading and loading trailers even though there is supposed to be seperate teams for such things
Pros
Good environment, friendly staff, somewhat understanding management
Cons
Asked to unload trailers by myself, required to go back and load trailers until the end of the shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K