FedEx Ground

FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

it’s good place to work if you’re a student. the unloading is okay but loading is very difficult. the managers are great . you need to be on time. they provide pizzas, tims, protein bars, juice occasionally. you also get health and dental benefits.
Pros
good managers
Cons
physically exhausting
pay pennies and expect two persons work total of 12 hrs work to be done in 8 hours by one person. weight of packages is upto 180 lb and 60 percent are this heavy any you have to do by yourself. they give work to contractors which pay minimum wages
Great people/company to work for, great pay, benefits, management tries to find the right position for you on shift, management was great to talk to if you had concerns.
Pros
Great pay, Fairly descent hours during peak season, great management, Benefits
Cons
Not enough hours during non peak season
This branch is all about numbers and not safety at all. It’s rush rush rush for 1.5 hours tops per day and if you get hurt or get sick they really hound you about it making you feel bad. This branch also has a big amount of favortism so even if you work hard it doesn’t matter unless you’re in the group of liked people. If you complain about management or employees that harass or threaten you they twist everything around to make you look bad.
Pros
Half decent benefits
Cons
Short hours, bad management
Best place to work if you like engaging yourself with physical work.Overall, FedEx has very high standards and the people make all the difference for an enjoyable work experience. FedEx has its own well organized policies, each department interacts and depends on each other to ensure optimal performance and customer satisfaction.
Environnement pas stimulant, chicanes, cris, certains employés ont de privilèges. Pas de possibilité de promotion. Direction peu implique. Culture de travail guide par la sympathie et le humeur du manager.Worst job ever.
Pros
votre cheque est déposé a chaque vendredi
Cons
Pas de pause, changement d'horaire de travail souvent.
Perfect fit for a part time job since the sorts start rather early to free you up for a full day availability at any other designation. The only catch here in is one has to be a very early riser.
Overall a wonderful company to work for only issue I had personally there wasn’t enough hours it’s a great place to work if your only looking for part-time the management team and co-worker where absolutely amazing honestly one of the best work experiences I’ve had in Barrie great benefits and overall a good starting salary.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
I used to like my work alot when i was working at Fedex as ops admin, but the management was lacking they will not train you and will expect you do all the task properly. Sometimes the management dont even know what to do with some of the packages. They will give you lots of task that require full time position and will expect you to do them in part time hours. Sometimes the Manager was so rude with the package handlers that i need to speak up for them to the management, this practice keeps on going for several times.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Very Toxic environment to work in. Poor management with no people skills whats so ever. Its a great job with good pay. Would not reccomend anyone to apply with them.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Poor/Unqualified management
The work is rather decent. The shifts are of decent length and quality of work. The management, much like the work, is rather decent and runabout. To summarize in one word, "Decent".
There is no other place I would rather be.Everyone here is exceptional. Finally, a workplace environment that has me feeling for the rest of life.I have worked in Europe, Halifax, Ontario, BC and the States.....and only in this one place is there pure goodness. This is the place to be.The employers instill team work....the real kind....the kind that has your back.The co workers are there for you....This place is a paradise.I am not leaving this place. I will do what it takes to make this happen.
Pros
Being here
Cons
Not being here
I was a driver for Go Dean Express, they work out of the warehouse on Moodle Drive, Ottawa. It was a decent job but very unorganised, the owners would constantly contradict each other, so you had no idea which to follow. Make sure you get everything in writing as they were quite forgetful.The hours were very good, most days we're around 7-8 hours depending on how many stops you have. I averaged around 130-150 per day. The pay is also very good and may increase after your probation.The job can be very stressful as the Packers don't always follow instructions on where to load the packages, so you spend a lot of time sorting everything out in the morning.Overall not a bad job, I gained a lot of knowledge and experience but don't think I'll do that sort of job again.
Pros
Well paid, good hours
Cons
Owners not communicating with each other, stressful
Fedex ground at moodie Dr they are super staff to work with they respect staff and so helpful i did enjoy work with them and I do recommend anyone to work with them
FedEx ground job not bad but management no good . trainer very boring. they give ad 17.10 per hrs .but after orientation they said 16.10 . so guys Dnt try fedex .
It should be called furniture moving company now. FedEx deliver every thing except assembled trucks and cars. People complain about minor thing like driver did not deliver on left side or right side. Most people don't help with heavy deliveries.
Its a good place to work... But the shifts are so short and you didn't make enough money... Its a very hard work but they treat you well and you have a lot of benefits
Cons
Short shifts
Been there five years , love the work environment and the friendly staff, although it’s faced paced you don’t feel overwhelmed, great training with helpful management and staff. Good pay and benefits with the occasional lunch bonuses.
If you want life.. don’t work for Fedex ground. They push everyone so hard, very long hours and lots of heavy packages. Sometimes if you are light then they add more stops on you
Pros
Cons
Long hours less pay
I go to school and worked at fedex for about a week and want to quit. The manager seems to hate his job and newbies and is doing nothing. Even though I’m trying my best, he wants me to pass out on the floors at FedEx. I still currently work at fedex and hope things get better, so far it hasn’t and if it continues, I’m going to quit.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Terrible manager
Working environment a bit noisy and fast moving job and kinda stressful specially during your first month but its normal coz you are on the prosses of learning the system
Pros
sometimes we have free breakfast
Cons
few hours only
  1. Employee reviews