FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2018
FedEx Ground is a great company to work with and for.
Management allows you to expand your knowledge of the job and company without limitation. The workplace culture is a safe , warm and friendly environment. The best part of my day is interacting with an array of different people as FedEx is such a diverse company.
Pros
good benefits, great management, safe environment
Cons
lack of communication in some departments.
FedEx encourages growth and development.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 September 2018
FedEx strives to bring their values it has to their customers into the work place as well. They encourage growth and development, and promote within. Their pay is very competitive, with a generous benefit package to all employees.
Pros
Reward and Recognition
Cons
Start times
Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
Depends on the contractor you work for. Overall alot of hard work and long hours and always feel like you’re walking on thin ice and constantly looking over your shoulder.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Stop Count, Hours, Unfair Policies
no pressure
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON8 July 2018
In 20 years of working various warehouse jobs hands down the best place I have ever worked and its has nothing to do with the money but how management treat everyone fairly.
Good productive place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 July 2018
This was a good job to hold and had an interesting dynamic. Every day was different and there was lots of diverse positions to be in. This made the work day less monotonous and more entertaining.
Pros
good employee moral
Cons
short hours
Bad management, lots of stress, favoritism
Part time package handler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 June 2018
LET THIS BE A FAIR WARNING TO YOU...this has to be one of the worst jobs. Firstly horrible manager. They literally don't care about you, your injuries or your health. All they care about is productivity and numbers. That is all you are to them..a number. They act like they care but they really don't. The job itself is very demanding. To whoever says the Cambridge Hub is a great place to work..your crazy! I've learned two things there how to become crippled and how to suffer from very high blood pressure. Outbound manager has lack of problem solving skills. If your behind on schedule he will start slamming and yelling at staff. Outbound manager is always angry and you can tell in staff faces they don't like working there. If you are not favored there don't expect to be treated with respect...In a lack of a better word, the outbound manager bullies some staff. New hires come and honestly do not get trained properly. They usually get shoved right into the line and learn from other staff, Outbound manager does not take the time to train them. Enjoyable part of the job is working with co-workers. Met some really good workers and also dealt with some really clueless ones. Honestly this is a dead end job. If you like being stressed out day to day, coming into work with hating every minute of it, by all means apply. Instead of recommending people to apply, I WOULD HONESTLY SAY STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AS POSSIBLE.

Take this as a fair warning!
Pros
Free monthly food during meetings
Cons
tons of stress
Physically Demanding Job
Courier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2018
A very double standard company to work for they preach safety 1st but anytime an employee makes a safety decision that ends in a parcel not being delivered you are reprimanded for your actions severely
Pros
Daily rate
Cons
Very long hours
Its Alright
Package/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2018
FedEx provides unorthodox work methods. You are required to continue working till your work is done as a package handlers (regardless of hours). This really cuts into your work life. They have competitive benefits and pay but sometimes its not worth it as this job cuts into your life heavily.
Handling packages
Agent de location d'auto à AVIS BUDGET, Québec (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC9 May 2018
I loved the work. They teach us everything prior to starting the work. Security issues and how to handle packages so as not to damage your waist. I acutally enjoyed my time there.
Strong group of Senior Managers
SR HR Representative (Term - Mat. Leave Coverage) (Former Employee) –  I covered Manitoba to Alberta region (Prov).2 May 2018
Senior Operations Management are an awesome group of people who are willing to work with employees who wish to grow their careers from front line package handlers upward. Fun place to work.
Pros
Great Operations Management Team
Cons
Mostly part time work.
Un model dépassé
Propriétaire exploitant (Former Employee) –  Lévis29 April 2018
Le concept du propriétaire exploitant telle qu'il est aujourd'hui, explique facilement l'érosion des candidats dans le domaine du transport. À plus ou moins 70 heures de travail par semaine, avec tout les risques inhérent au fait d'être propriétaire de son camion, sans vacance, sans journée maladie, sans assurances, sans font pension, sans avoir de temps pour s'entraîner, cuisiner .......
Pour être payé en partie au KM alors que nous affublé d'un réseau routier qui est congestionné à Lévis, à Québec, à Montréal, à l'année.
Pour combien, 60,000$ brut les bonnes années. Sérieux vous vous demandez pourquoi il manque de chauffeur?
Pros
J'ai changé de carrière
Cons
J'ai travaillé 20 ans dans transport.
Good workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
I found it to be a good job, unfortunately i could not continue working the night shifts. HR was a little unorganized but other than that management was solid.
Pros
good pay
Cons
night shift
Physically challenging
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2018
Not one of the greatest jobs I've had. They didn't give me a realistic view of what the job entailed. I wasn't properly trained for it. Demanded a lot time beyond what was expected. Great benefits though.
FedEx "The World On Time"
Driver (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 April 2018
Think of a company that does not give a poo about their employees. Nothing matters as long as they match their deliveries. The sky could be falling and trucks would still be on the road. There could be delays of 3 hours and they would not remove work to compensate, they would send you off and say "drive safe". Ground division is third party as a lame excuse not to have a Union.
Package Handler (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2018
Good place to work, nothing more to say about it.
I am just looking for a full time opportunity as there was only part time available .
i would recommend this company to anyone
Package Handler, Package Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2018
It's not an easy job, and it isn't for everyone. Once you push through it you're getting good money for part time work, and if you're on the manager's good side they'l let you stay for more hours. Advancement is common within one year. Package handlers often go on to become managers and high level staff quickly. Work hard, get fit, benefits are paid for and there's even a school incentive program.

Women and women of colour are encouraged and often surpass their male counterparts in determination and becoming high level staff. Regardless, everyone seems to be treated with respect while I worked there.

The hardest thing is the willingness to get up and bust your butt that hard for another day but if you can stick with it then it's worth it and if you work hard enough it'll pay off in the long run, you can make a career here if you want to.

Management is OK, just like management anywhere you have to play the game, however everyone truly cares about safety and it's ingrained in the culture. Weekends and holidays off with the occasional optional weekend/holiday offered for more pay.
productive and fun workplace
Package Handler(part time job) (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC15 February 2018
I am happy in working with Fedex as it's a secure environment to work in, the management are very supportive and understanding, it's also very good chance to handle packages that help as if you are practicing exercises
the reason I need to apply in MK is because the work in Fedex is only part time job (evening shift) and I need to improve my income to work as full time job or at least add another part time job to Fedex job.
Pros
Free dinner sometimes, have fun with co-workers, practice exercise
Cons
short time job
Always Room To Grow
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
FedEx Ground is a great company to work with and for.
Pros
good benefits, great management, safe environment
Cons
lack of communication in some departments.
Customs Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 January 2018
Fun place to work at, will learn a lot. very friendly people who are willing to teach you if needed help, does have shorter hours though but does also have good benefits
Pros
Benefits including medical and education
Cons
Short hours
all in all not a bad job
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON22 January 2018
Long hours driving, great customer experience.
gained experience in customer relations and time management as my day was all on me to manage.

enjoyed the Job and seen a bright future ahead, even looked into purchasing the contract at one point but backed out as we had just bought a house. when the new owner took over after we backed out of the purchase, I was let go 6 months in.
As I do not fit into the business moving forward.
due to a new depot being put in near Kirkland lake, he needed a driver from Kirkland Lake.
Pros
work on your own time
Cons
long hours, bad driving conditions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K