FedEx Express

FedEx Express Employee Reviews

FedEx is good atmosphere to work and all workers are good too, but the hour minimum to work sometime we got less what we expected and not enough to cover our car gasoline for transport , gas price is higher now.
Pros
Some time pizza is free and food truck for lunch is free too, coffee and tea always free.
Cons
Please not expect to get work for long hours part-time is ok
Great place to work friendly and safe place to work. You get good hours and paid weekly. The health benefits help with everything. Very supported team
Pros
Treats
Cons
Short shifts
With the growth, the company is struggling to manage internally. Externally business is good, thanks to committed employees.Duties per person far exceeds compensation. Hard working people often taken advantage of and treated poorly while others do less than the minimum with no issues.Management in some departments and locations is an issue. Not all locations have this issue.
I really enjoyed working there. The salary is ok but benefits are great. Great people work there which creates a great working environment. The managers are great too and are very flexible with the schedule if you need them to be.
Pros
Free meals, fun, benefits, people
Cons
pay
People are very friendly and helpful and give you lots of encouragement. Can be hectic and fast rushed at times but great support from management and fellow employees.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
FedEx is a stable and systematic industrial operation therefore mostly very predictable and repetitive allowing you to focus on the people you will see almost every day on route.
Pros
Social, respected, predictable, part time, and a sexy uniform ; )
Cons
Not allowed to wear super short shorts and steel toe boots.
I'm working as part time driver since Sept 2020, based at the Donmills warehouse. Extremely pleased with my managers and over all impressed with the operation.I'm retired, my intention was to find a flexible part time job with a decent pay. I'm very happy with my jpb and recommend FedEx.
I was hired as a part time courier and was told by everyone that even though they guarantee just 17.5 hours a week, no one is hurting for hours and individuals would tell me they worked here 10 years PT and were turning down hours as a PT courier and that many current employees don't want to work extra so there is lots of hours around. For me this wasn't the experience at all. I was consistently getting less than 30 hours a week. Do not be strung along by the "Carrot on a Stick" about the guaranteed yearly raises and the pay rate after 10 years etc.. because really does any of that matter when you cannot pay your expenses today?. When i repeatedly mentioned this to my supervisor and also his boss I was met with comments like "we cannot guarantee you full time hours" and "its a part time position right"Some might say they clearly state they guarantee 17.5 hours a week which is true but then why lie in order to get someone to accept the job based on being able to work extra hours resembling more of a Full Time position?
Pros
Independent Work
Cons
Everything else
They dont know what they are doing, will yell at you for no reason .
Pros
Cons
All of it
The best place I have ever worked! You are trusted to get the job done, the friendly culture where you are empowered to solve problems and do whatever is needed to support the customer. If you show drive and ambition there are career opportunities and you can diversify into different departments of the company if you have done base experience. Tuition refund programs are good as you can take any courses that will support your career development upto a total of 5k per year.
Pros
People and fun work environment
Cons
Can be stressful at times, work is demanding but rewarding.
The job in itself, it’s easy. I was hired as a courier. It was about 10 years ago and interviews were more rigorous. However I see the employees being hired now out of desperation and I’m pretty much sure they have lowered their standards. Also the starting pay is similar to what I started with 10 years ago. Please be assured that after five years in the same position you got a big bump in your salary. Which is why employees stay.Sure it’s rough in the beginning. You’re constantly in different areas as a floater. Eventually you get a route and you’ll learn and that’s easy.Now the culture in there. If they don’t like you they will find a way for years to try to get you out. The managers do not change and they only serve one purpose which is to serve the station manager. They’re all gunning for her job. The station manager has been in that position for seven years, with every wrong decision she makes whether it’s to fire somebody or a policy change or a small exception, eventually she’ll be out. If you’re on the good side they will not bother you. Do not speak up. That’s when you get it.I’ve seen employees be fired and get hired back. Fedex has quite the reputation in labour courts. Some choose to take a lump sum and walk away.I am OK with my job. I have made good friends. But it doesn’t change the fact that that culture is all around me. I am also on the road so I do not have to deal with it for eight hours. I feel for the employees that work inside near managers who always nitpick.
Pros
Lunches-bonuses-flexible hours to a certain extent
Cons
Culture managers Philosophy mangers -more mangera
YVRR was the best job I’ve ever had. Absolutely amazing management team and the trainers were second to none. Hopefully I can be back with FedEx soon.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Very physically demanding
I enjoyed Fed Ex Express immensely! It was a very active & physical employment. Great colleagues for the most part. I had an awesome manager. Fast-paced.
Pros
Great
They hire you as part-time so they don’t have to give you benefits like a full-timer. Managers will be condescending and some will bully you for no other reason besides being more senior. Less than $18/hr to be working in never cleaned trucks, full-days with no breaks. I’d rather eat hot trash than be part of this toxic culture. 0/10.
Pros
Realize life is too short
Cons
Incredibly everything. Uniforms fit nice.
The worst co-workers I have ever worked with in my entire life! No respect, very rude, and yeah, no respect at all!! They will smile at you and make you feel you are a friend but when you turn your back they will make stories about you. No Union! So your wage increase is depends on how the Manager likes you. If your not the favourite you’re screwed.
Pros
Uniforms
Cons
Co-workers!!
Working at FedEx was the best job I've had. Management was great and very helpful. Fellow couriers were friendly and very positive. The work environment was very busy especially in the morning before you head out on road. Pay was good as well as the benefits (part-timers get full benefits as well). Unfortunately I had to leave because of personal issues but I will HIGHLY reccomend.
it seems like they are constantly hiring and the work is not that hard. So they have a huge turn around. They must be doing something wrong.you just never know when they will let you go.
Pros
n/a
Cons
all the above
Very difficult to move up. Managers are sheep. Yes sometimes positions open up, but they already know who they want in that position even though anybody can apply on them. Human resources constantly changes. There is a terrible culture in there. Many people from the same family are employed in high positions however they are placed in way that they do not violate policies. DDB
Pros
Salary - flexibility - excellent medical coverage
Cons
Management- culture
Overall was a great environment to work in. Team and management were very friendly and welcoming. Training programs were great. Lots of opportunities to grow and move around in the company.
Journée de manutention classique pour une entreprise de livraison
Management politics is at high level, if you are on contract, they will not care about you at all- you will feel like an outsider, no great benefits, good learning though
  1. Employee reviews