FedEx Express Employee Reviews

Horrible Place for work
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2018
Very Horrible place for work YYZ locations. no cooperations. stupid team leads. forcing environment. treating like animals. very work hard with no break. not 50 employees. all in wrong. many people join and left
Very Bad Place for work
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2018
Very Bad Place for work. No room for advancement. Only few people hold the company. Management and team leads not cooperative. very hard work without break. forcing to work till mid night
Productive and fun workplace
Account Executive - Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2018
FedEx provides a fun working environment with a great corporate culture that promotes career and personal development. The management is always supportive and understanding of individual needs and fosters a good work/life balance.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor training
Review
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2018
Great workplace culture, the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on a team. The hardest part was dealing with those heavy type of boxes.
Productive and workplace
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC20 May 2018
I learned how to work well with a team to get our job done in the time at hand..very fast pase company to get the deliveries out on time..made me able to handle pressure
Pros
Free lunches and activities on weekends
Cons
Not consitent hours
Not All It Seems To Be
Customs Broker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2018
Management is not organized. They don't hire enough people for vacation coverage. There is no such thing as work -life balance. They do not recognize productive employees, but will support the complainers and lazy ones that stays with them for years. They will not reward you for your performance or experience. They give you the image of a professional environment by providing training materials such as QDM and work ethics which they themselves can't recognize and apply. They are a brand that I lost faith in.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits
Cons
No work-life balance, unprofessional environment.
Customer Service/Gatekeeper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2018
At FedEx, there is a great level of care when it comes to providing for the employees needs. The management is always carefully looking at various ways to improve their employees work life balance. Training will always be provided to be able to complete any task at hand.
Pros
Employee Retention
The worst company you can work for in GTA
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2018
The worst company you can work for in GTA.
no career advancement whatsoever, repetitive tasks
horrible management , you will last only if you are Yes man type of employee , if you are talented don't waist your time working for kind of Mafia Management , all of them are family friend
no chance for regular employee to move on and no room to grow, you will do the repetitive task until you burned out.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC2 May 2018
Great company to work for. Great opportunity to move up/ Positive environment and lots of support. Hardest part of the job was giving the customer an answer they did not expect nor want to hear.
Competitive team environment
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 May 2018
Getting to drive around and make deliveries is nice because you get to meet new people around the city. Eventually you get to know your repeat clients and it's nice when delivering to businesses that allow pets.

The only part I was not a fan of was how competitive the company makes drivers. I understand the point to metrics but when all a company cares about is numbers, people tend to get left behind.
great place to work
Material Handler/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2018
Fed Ex is a fun place to work !
The company offers great benefits and incentives.
There is company growth as the company is very big and has a great great reputation !
Puts their employees first
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2018
This company really does take care for its employees, your safety will always come first no matter what and if in the event you are injured you will be taken care of. great open work environment you really do feel like your apart of the company cause they really care about what you have to say.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
heavy duty work
Ambiance très agréable et travail d'équipe
Courrier / Livreur (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC16 February 2018
Bonne conditions de travail. Routine inexistante, côtoie beaucoup de clients.
Pros
événement mensuel
Cons
Courtes pauses
Working as a contractor
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Brussel-Hoofdstad2 January 2018
Working as a contractor/vendor you don't have too many benefits as the employees have. Career advancement is not very straightforward! You have to manage your own career path and there are not too many opportunities for advancement. If you don't ask for feedback for your work they will not provide any for you!
Cons
They treat the contractors differently than the employee.
Sad support for long time employees
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 January 2018
If it does not go their way, they abandon you. I put 5 years in, literally working in excruciating pain (and they were aware of it) building great relationships with my customers and co workers. And they used, partially, my 'falsified timecard', I came in to work at what appeared to be on time, but as I waited until I was done my ramp work to sign in, and as I signed in at 11:00 AM, yet started at 11:06, was accused of falsifying documents. I started my job 15, 20 and even 30 minutes early almost every day! Bad managers, that only look out for themselves, not looking at the greater good!
Benefits
Cons
Management, all the way to the top!
FedEx Freight
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 December 2017
Very well organized company that is still developing to become a larger player in the transportation industry and moving in the right direction. Lots of advancement opportunity
Travail
Chauffeur-livreur (Former Employee) –  Strasbourg29 November 2017
Fedex est une entreprise sérieuse où on peut trouvé une bonne ambiance avec pas beaucoup de Client a livré
Great Company To Work For!
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2017
I applied as a temporary worker and have been treated very well. I have always been able to work overtime if I wished, but never felt pressured to do it. Overtime is calculated on a daily basis and not weekly so that means even if you work one day a week you are eligible for overtime (~25 $ an hour). Starting salary is around 17.50, but after a couple years you'll be up to 25$ hour. which is something like 37.50$ for over time.

My station has been super supportive while I've been there for almost a year. Positions open up often and it's easier to apply and get accepted since I'm already in the company.

No matter if it's the couriers, the package handlers, managers or customer service reps, everyone is helpful and happy.

If you're a courier get ready to know your city like never before. You can say you know it but if you're anything like most new couriers you'll have trouble for the first 1-2 weeks. The company doesn't give you a route to follow, you have a sector and must find out how to deliver all your packages before their commit time. Fedex provides maps but you might want to figure out a more efficient way of getting everything delivered/ picked up.

If you need to do a driving simulator to get the job take it seriously. Even though it isn't realistic drive slower while it's raining or you're around a lot of people/ cars/ city center. Signal, don't press the gas too fast either.

I highly recommend taking any position to start just so you can get into the company!

Drive safe!
Pros
Overtime is calculated on a daily basis and not weekly, lots of hours, great environment, great benefits
Cons
A little stressful, you'll need to know how to keep your cool
Great work out, challenges you everyday mentally and physically
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake County, UT21 October 2017
You are fed sometimes, and you get a good 3-4 hours per day so thats nearly $200 per week. Great benefits. The food is always free, and the people are usually very cool.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
Environnement de travail excellent et challenging
Divisional Strategic Business Analyst - UK (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport11 October 2017
Culture d´entreprise unique au monde! Excellents collegues et managers
Pros
possibilités de progression
Cons
Remunération

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Express. Our community is ready to answer.