FDM Group

FDM Group Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
I wouldn't recomend to anyone, if even you don't have an experience try to find first job somewhere else.
They will take advantage of you . And if you will be hiered you will have to stay with if them for 2 years , otherwise they will make you pay 30000$. Unless you will be lucky enough, and they will fire you. Not to mention management also will be also very disrespectfull to you. However, they provide decent training , so it is totally up to you. Anyhow , I wouldn't recomend this place to work
. to anywo
Totally a Waste of time
As a new Graduate or as a Jobseeker your worth is more than you know. Concentrate on other companies and don't waste your time here. It's all business and all they care about is their profits. Despite less salary, there is no respect in the company for the employees. All the senior managers and everyone in the higher post they all care about themselves. if you are a part of the company now consider yourself lucky to be fired. I know how it feels to be jobless but this company will completely ruin your career and add bad remarks on your resume.
Fun Place to learn and start your career
FDM Group has provided me with the bridge to work with one blue chip company i.e. RBC. The trainings at FDM Group has further enhanced my skill set which helped me so much during my 2 years at RBC.
Great place to kickstart your career and very fun
I enjoyed my time there, it was fun. Every friday there we play games at the last hour of the day. Great place to be if you lack experience they will help train you for the industry.
OK for starters
It's Okay if it's your fist job... good opportunities but low pay.
There are learning opportunities in their jobs, work life balance is OK, would be a nice opportunity for your fist job....
Worst workplace of all time
This place is a complete scam. Do not bother applying to this place or listen to how they boast about how great they are as a company. If you do go here but don't feel bad if you get kicked out at any point. That's actually more of a blessing than a punishment. Yes, that's how bad this place is
Beware
I was hired as a developer and went on site three months later. I waited one and a half months in the clients office to be assigned a team. Knowing that I am an entry level graduate, the team lead assigned me admin related work for the 9- 10 months that i was there . When I brought this up with the account manager I was told that these skills would help me in the long run. The clients then terminated my contract after 9months and fdm let me go . 10 months later, I can definitely say that this was not a stepping stone for my career in IT.
It's like a school with strict rules
They have strict dress code private schools . Pay is barely above bare minimum wage. You won't probably get two years of experience as initial contract are of 6 months.
Worth a shot but beware
FDM is more or less a recruitment firm where you get trained and paid. Sounds good at first but there are some problems.

1. Awful pay. You make minimum wage while in training. Once you get a placement, you will make around $40000 the first year, and $45000 the second. You sign a 2 year contract and if you leave you will be charged a $30000 fee (to cover cost of training supposedly). I don't know about the rest of the locations, but Toronto is EXPENSIVE and you won't have anything left at the end of the month.

2. Training is subpar. The training program lasts around 10 to 16 weeks, depending on what stream you're in. The training goes by very fast and not very in depth. Most of the content is stuff you will learn in university. You probably won't be learning any new or special skills to put you above everyone else out there. Remember this is a recruitment firm at heart and you will be competing with other candidates. It's a good refresher if you already know the stuff but nothing more than that. Definitely not worth anything close to the $30000 they are charging.

3. Waiting for a placement is depressing. After you are done training, you are put in "The Pond", where you wait for interviews to hopefully get a placement somewhere. You're basically still on job search, except you don't choose what jobs you get, the account managers will present them to you. Sometimes you can go weeks without an interview. It's up to you to look busy and keep yourself occupied and not be fired.

4. There is a high turnover rate. There are times when there are a lot of people in The Pond
 - more...
Good for new grads to get into the field.
The training is not bad, but not too useful either if you already have a background in software, but they use that to keep you in a 2 year contract that costs $30,000 to break.
Paid training, but poor salary and management
The company is good, but they just earn money from clients, and they do not care the furture of individuals. What they care is that if you can make profits for the company.
job security
There is job no security. They will fire you any time without any mistake. please don't go.

They pay minimum and play with your career.

Look for something better.
Complete waste of 2 months so far
This may be because I came in at the wrong time of the year but consultants were kicked out left and right. There is a general shortage of roles presented to us by the account managers and the area for consultants who are done their training but have not yet been placed(which we call the Pond) is generally overfilled. My fellow trainees and I have generally worked our @$$É$ off trying to perform well in every technical assessment we were given throughout the training process only to wonder at the halfway point whether or not all our efforts are worth it. To make matters worse, we are all stuck under a 2 year contract that prohibits us from leaving the company with the exception of when they kick us out. Termination can come when we least expect it with or without reason. I am not saying that this is the worst place I have worked for but it's definitely overrated given the good reviews on the internet. My recommendation to all prospective consultants out there is that if you are able to find a better position elsewhere, go for it!
good environment
nice work place. Friendly environment. Nice trainers.
Practical work.

Sources of study.

Team work.

Monthly events.

No discrimination.

Offers placements.
Terrible company
They take advantage of young job seekers fresh out of college/university. They tie you to them for 2 years with a terrible contract. You are underpaid (much less than market), treated with a lot of disrespect by the dishonest FDM team, and are not allowed to leave your job until you done the contract.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!!
Training
Training was provided for us for the specific stream of Java Enterprise. It is intensive and very beneficial as we get to learn principles and use software that are not taught during university years.