FDM Group Employee Reviews

Indentured servitude
Instructor / QA Test Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY12 April 2018
Train you to be a lackey for as long as you are willing, two year minimum. Would not ever recommend this to anyone. Will send you where they need you, not where you want to be.
Learned a lot but felt like a piece of meat
PMO/ITSM Consulting Trainee (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA29 March 2018
Training covers a lot of areas and moves quickly, but account managers are difficult to deal with. A few are great but others just care about their commissions
Completely corrupt and cutthroat
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 March 2018
I have worked in some hard places in my time but this was just wrong. Sacrificed almost everything to go through tough testing and training and drilling, just not get placed for companies I qualified for them they breached their own contract just to fire a most of us left over because we refunded to work beyond the area we chose.
Fun Environment with Rewarding Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NY7 March 2018
Positive place to work, however the compensation leaves much to be desired. Young environment, with plenty of opportunities to advance your career, however the compensation simply does not allow for long term advancement.
Great for those beginning in the Professional IT world
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY25 February 2018
Builds skills in aspects of IT that include Microsoft office, SQL, Unix, Project Management, Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Software Development. Very stressful environment.
experience building and collaborative.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  London8 February 2018
A great stepping stone to gain insight and experience into IT consulting. The company has a large range of clients, with an array of roles and opportunities available.
Work and Happiness
PMO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 February 2018
I feel proud to be part of this great Company. The organisational Governance structure is well planned with delegated roles. Who does what and when it should be done
very productive
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
Good experience and productive, got to learn and improve in my skills. Great people to work with and great environment to grow in career wise.was a bit wooried when I first started was a bit over whelmed due to being in a new environment,but the reception was very good,the was always room for learning and improvement.
Pros
various benefits
There's a trade-off
Java Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 January 2018
Pros:
1) Trainings are very beneficial. You will be exposed to materials that will help you in a long way (i.e. popular development frameworks, various profession development resources like PluralSight, Safaribooksonline, etc)

2) Most of the consultants are very friendly and encouraging towards each other.

3) Health insurance is solid. There's also 401k now.

Cons:
1) Compensation is way below market norm, but it's a compromise you make by having very great trainings upfront.

2) There's a chance that your consultant contract may terminate early with the client company due to various reasons that has nothing to do with your personal performance (i.e. budget, legal issues, etc). Sometimes they handle your transition from one client company to the next well, but other times not so much.

3) Your experience here hinges on which account manager you ended up working with.
Pros
Good trainings that are beneficial for fresh grads without too much practical experiences
Cons
Low salary
Big learning curve
Application Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London19 November 2017
FDM was a great place for learning, however they were very unfair and uncompromising to their employees in order to easily claim breach of contracts. Unfortunately had problems with their HR department.
A family business that continues to grow
N/A (Current Employee) –  New York, NY24 October 2017
I have worked at FDM for several years and very much enjoy working here. Even though it has grown rapidly, it has kept that family culture and the CEO still makes an effort to get to know the people. The atmosphere is young, fun and dynamic. Everyone works very hard but also socializes and builds robust relationships with their colleagues. Diversity is a big part of FDM and inclusivity is one of the company values. The best thing about FDM in my opinion is the people and the mission we are all on to continue launching careers for thousands of people around the world.
Pros
Great people, annual boat parties, regular charity drives, more PTO than usual, understanding management, good healthcare benefits and pizza welcome gatherings
FDM Recruiter
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leeds18 September 2017
I have enjoyed myself at FDM but the ability to progress and advance is very limited. It would be fair to say that I was mismanaged and had the misfortune of receiving a minor number of appraisals during my time there.
It is a decent organization if they fixed their training model
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA21 August 2017
FDM Group is a good organization as they provide essential skills that are essential for IT roles in financial industries. However, for me the pacing of some of the courses were significantly difficult as I hadn't had previous exposure to these concepts. When viewing similar material, the course ranges for 3 to 5 weeks. I understand that FDM wants to get trainees to clients but the model of cramming all the information in one to two week intervals is unusual in my opinion. Especially for individuals who do not have any prior knowledge. They pay that they offer once placed is significantly lower than what the pay is in the market. There appears to be disconnection between account managers and some trainees due to location and availability. The culture at FDM is to dress professionally consistently to understand the professional work environment. That is a good policy but many corporations and organizations dress code is business casual. My co-workers at FDM were great and made the experience wonderful. There were some trainers that were nice and want people to succeed but some didn't really teach.
Pros
paid training, awesome coworkers
Cons
speed of training, some trainers, some of the material, account manager disconnect, bad consultant pay
It's ok
Java Developer, Software Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NY15 August 2017
The environment of fdm group office is very good also the trainers' there are good. But the management there is poor to be honest. Also it may be good for you to start but you deserve better if you want to be a developer.
Foot in the door
IT Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY3 August 2017
FDM is a good place to start if you lack the experience required to land an ideal position upon college graduation. The contract you have to sign with the company is for 2 years which allows one to gain valuable experience with top-tiered clients. However, should you want out of the contract, there are many stipulations and factors that go into that.
Pros
Top tiered clients, Opportunity with lack of experience, Benefits, Foot in the door, Incredible networking opportunities
Cons
Low pay, 2 year contract, contract fees
Great if you're desperate
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London24 June 2017
Training was awful and did nothing to prepare myself or my colleagues for actual placements.
Sales will treat you like a product and if you have one bad interview then consider yourself blacklisted. No attempt will be made to correct the problem, you probably won't even get feedback. Sales will just stop contacting you entirely.
HR are unfriendly and either unwilling or unable to help with any issues.Essentially if you have a problem, good luck.
FDM culture can be described in one word as toxic. I can't think of a better way to describe the vibe I get every time I walk into the office.
Salary is awful for the first two years. Working in an investment bank and earning 21k is completely unreasonable, especially when the client is paying FDM at least three times more than that.

Positives are that you get a foot in the door with clients that you might not have applying on your own, so from that perspective it's great for a new graduate. But honestly, only use it as a last resort.
Worst start of salary in the industry
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 June 2017
PROS
Training is free and industry relevant.
Summer parties are free for food and beer.
Camoradrie with fellow Consultants.
CONS
Account managers and recruiters are sales driven for bonuses.
You never actually work for fdm they just hire you out and train you when their clients no longer need you.
Reduced rate when your back training.
You could go 6 months without pay.
Basic training is average at best.
Pay equates to minimum wage or less if you factor in the training.
You only receive around 20 to 30 percent of what fdm hire you out for.
£20000 debt if you leave before your 2 years is up reduced with amount of time spent with the company.
£20000 can be imposed if your fired and it's not your fault i.e. Fdm reducing numbers because of the job climate.
Train you in an IT role but that may not be the role you are sent to interviews for.
No time to prepare for interviews.
Very little support on site.
Very little feedback.
Pros
As above
Cons
As above
Good graduate programme
IT Consultant, Aviva (Current Employee) –  Bristol7 June 2017
FDM provides a good place for graduates to get high quality experience with well-known companies. They provide extensive at their academies that give you the confidence to fit in wherever you may be placed.
Pros
Training, travel expenses, great clients, great experience and competitive salary.
Good start for those with no experience
Senior Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NY3 June 2017
This program is for people who have no work experience and want to start a career in IT. This is the place. Those without experience don't expect competitive pay and benefits. Anyone will any experience beware. Low pay and no onsite support. The only good part is the high quality placement. ENJOY!
Pros
Job placement, training (basic)
Cons
pay, benefits, support, culture, pretty much everything
Great provided you have no preference regarding where you work.
Software Development Trainee (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 April 2017
- Great if you have no preference regarding where you work.
- Not so great if you have any preferences whatsoever.
- The training you receive is usually of very high standard.
- Only travel costs paid during entire time at FDM until you start your first placement, so wages are nil.
- Hours required to be in the office during training at 8:45 to 5:30.
- Finding a placement is not very well organised, which on multiple occasions led to me finding out I had an interview in a different city late at night outside work hours for the following day.
- The company only placed 25% of our intake before the 90 days were up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FDM Group. Our community is ready to answer.