FDM Group Employee Reviews

job security
Java Developer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2019
There is job no security. They will fire you any time without any mistake. please don't go.

They pay minimum and play with your career.

Look for something better.
Complete waste of 2 months so far
Big Data Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2019
This may be because I came in at the wrong time of the year but consultants were kicked out left and right. There is a general shortage of roles presented to us by the account managers and the area for consultants who are done their training but have not yet been placed(which we call the Pond) is generally overfilled. My fellow trainees and I have generally worked our @$$É$ off trying to perform well in every technical assessment we were given throughout the training process only to wonder at the halfway point whether or not all our efforts are worth it. To make matters worse, we are all stuck under a 2 year contract that prohibits us from leaving the company with the exception of when they kick us out. Termination can come when we least expect it with or without reason. I am not saying that this is the worst place I have worked for but it's definitely overrated given the good reviews on the internet. My recommendation to all prospective consultants out there is that if you are able to find a better position elsewhere, go for it!
good environment
IT Consultant Trainee (Big Data Quality Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2018
nice work place. Friendly environment. Nice trainers.
Practical work.
Sources of study.
Team work.
Monthly events.
No discrimination.
Offers placements.
Terrible company
Consultant at BMO (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario31 July 2018
They take advantage of young job seekers fresh out of college/university. They tie you to them for 2 years with a terrible contract. You are underpaid (much less than market), treated with a lot of disrespect by the dishonest FDM team, and are not allowed to leave your job until you done the contract.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!!
Training
JAVA & SQL Developer (Consultancy Training) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
Training was provided for us for the specific stream of Java Enterprise. It is intensive and very beneficial as we get to learn principles and use software that are not taught during university years.