FCV Interactive

FCV Interactive Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Good
Varying projects and tech - it's an agency so not always the latest and greatest since it depends on client tech stack but they try to keep tabs on the trends
Good people

Flexible hours and work from home

Casual

Management communication getting better

If you like to do a good job, you would do well here. If you want to clock in, clock out and not really care, I'd go somewhere else.
Pros
easy canada line commute
Cons
longer WCE/Expo line commute
Was tough to close the doors
I loved working at FCV. I was lucky enough to join the company when it was still pretty small. I was entrusted with building the QA team and setting up the QA process and it was not only fun, but educational. I owe a lot to the great people I worked with and it was tough when the company decided to close the doors. It was the best job I've had to date and I made so many great friendships while I was there.
It's a good place to work
Great place to work, good salaries, multicultural environment, great and fun people, work remotely is an option if you need it, great activities besides work.
Good culture, tech, people and balance
-Flex core hours allows you to start early or start late flexing your day around your family schedule (school drop offs/pick ups)
-Work from home - again another family benefit for added flexibility

-People and culture is good. People are pleasant to work with. No drama. Easy to chat with and can rely on.

-Hours can be long some weeks due to the nature of client services especially in tech.

- Fair salary and benefits package keeping in mind it is a smaller company and the benefits don't have all the bells and whistles that a large organisation would have.

- Casual work environment - dogs allowed

-Flexibility and interesting work that varies.

- All in all a good place to work for people that like and can handle client directed project work rather than being caught in the monotony of large enterprise organisations. It's not for everyone which is apparent by the bad reviews.
Pros
Flex core hours, Work from home, Family friendly, Pet friendly, Casual
Cons
Small company atmosphere isn't for everyone, Client service industry isn't for everyone
Stay away!
Bad management and Human resources. Pays with 1-2 months delays and don't fulfill their promises. Culture and tech stack are ok though. Wouldn't recommend dealing with.
Not recommended - stay far away
Hires people on the false pretence that there is client work and that the culture is great. There are no clients, no new wins and the forced "culture" is very juvenile. You have to be part of management's clique to advance and with an inappropriate relationship between HR and management, confidentiality is nonexistent. The typical day consists of chasing after clients for $$ or pushing low quality deliverables to the client because getting paid is more important than anything else. They have no idea what it means to be an agency. It's so bad that they get zero stars for Job Security/Advancement, Management and Job Culture. Unable to pay employees on time and they sabotage projects.
Coworkers are great - management not so much
The project teams are well versed and secure in their skill set. I rarely had issues with my coworkers. Management pushes very hard and has high demands for weekend work.
Pros
Agile mindset
Cons
Management with barriers issues
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FCV Interactive?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCV Interactive. Our community is ready to answer.
FCV Interactive Reviews by Location