FCT Employee Reviews

Awful management/communication
Professional (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 September 2018
I started a new job here and within months of starting there was a downsize and was let go with no reason/explanation. Worse management/communication I’ve ever experienced. Left a good job to make the move to FCT. Don’t bother taking a job here you could be out of a job with no warning. Poor communication from HR and management. Worked for many large companies and never experienced the unprofessionalism I encountered at FCT.
Pros
Non
Cons
Unprofessional company
outsourced to india
junior title officer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 August 2018
Many of the jobs have been outsourced to India. The salary isn't keeping up with the cost of living. There isn't a feeling of job security when so many positions have been sent overseas. Many of the people are very catty in the way they treat others. A lot of pressure and overtime during the high season but the pay doesn't reflect the effort you put in. Many of the people have gotten second jobs to keep up with the cost of living. The benefits are pretty good and the RRSP is nice if you can pay into it. Some people can work from home with could save on commuting and parking costs. Random late shifts are annoying because you can't plan anything. Many of the jobs say Law Clerk required, but so many hires have no background.
benefits
Cons
so many things
Great co-workers, uncaring management
Insolvency Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2018
Working at FCT feels like a dream at the beginning; great co-workers, impromptu lunches and the benefits are amazing.
However, once the real estate market takes a turn everything goes downhill. They stop providing overtime so you can't meet quota without working through your breaks, management becomes irate and are lecturing employees for minor infractions.
The "We Care" attitude is correct but only towards revenues, they have no issues with firing qualified employees over less productive individuals so long as they remain in the black.
Taking time off work is seen as negative. Making up hours after having doctor's appointments is seen just as negatively as not showing up.
Bottom line is if you want to work for a company who smiles at you while shoving a knife through your back this is the place for you!
Pros
Before hiring freeze free lunches and ovetime
Cons
Incompetent managers and lack of respect
Management constantly changing
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 May 2018
Unrealistic Targets for greenfield services.

Entire Sales-Business Development Team turnover in less than 12 months. All left disillusioned with FCT

No actual market analysis done prior to setting targets. Yet presented to candidates as if it was based on historical data.
Pros
Name recognition
Cons
Compensation not inline with position, Base salary was supposed to be 1/2 compensation, Unrealistic targets meant no opportunity to bonus as promised.
Assistant Title Officer
Assistant Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Canada20 July 2018
As usual greeting people and guest
getting to know staffs and their way of work
great management
Not making someone happy
Making everyone happy at the end of the day.
Easy to work for!
Signing Agent (Current Employee) –  Haldimand County, ON13 August 2018
It is a great place to work! Pay is great, and management is easy to get along with. I just wish the hours were more study rather than so here and there!
Excellent Benefits, Average Workplace
FUNDING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 March 2018
A typical day at work is filled with expectations of high productivity. Management is very spread thin, so ability to work independently and with your team is a must. Workplace culture can be underwhelming if you become too invested in it. Develop solid working relationships with your team and focus on your job and you won't have issues.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, team building exercises, etc.
title officer, Residential Lending Solutions (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2018
Wonderful company to work for. Comprehensive training provided. Friendly employees and a positive atmosphere. Lots of employee events and activities
Pros
Great salary and benefits.
Cons
no employee parking for Hamilton office
Used to be a good company
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario, Canada29 January 2018
Poor management on all levels, too much political games even in technical departments. Pays less than industry average referring on location not in downtown Toronto. Unfair bonus distribution.
Great office with subsidized cafeteria, free tea/coffee. Some nice people
Pros
Great office with subsidized cafeteria, free tea/cofee. Some nice people
Quiet, Productive place
Coldfusion Web Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 April 2018
My desk was separated from the rest of the group, so I ended up being in a quiet area away from anyone.
My manager always had someone around his desk/ was really busy so getting a hold of him was a challenge.
This job sucked and Manager was a bully
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 October 2017
If you want a job that sucks away any life you have inside you then this the job for you. If you want a witch of a manager to be constantly screaming and humiliating you in front of your coworkers then this is the job for you. Terrible place to work at. Coworks were not friendly they looked out for themselves and a lot of back stabbing going on... They we're almost as terrible as the management. Imagine the surprised look on there faces when they thought I would cry when they told me I was let go. Instead there was a big fat grin... Avoid this place! Anyone who finds there way into this job this what I say to you... Good luck cuz your going to need it!!
Pros
Free food... Thats it!
Good Place to work
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 January 2018
Working in this company is good for FTE's with average salaries. work culture is good for again FTE's. company do not care much about contractors and management is not much technical. No work from option for contractors.
Friendly but heavy progressing place, good for junior developers
Senior Software Developer/Analyst (perm) (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 July 2017
Nice facilities for work, food, relaxation breaks. Management too conservative to quickly change technologies to match contemporary market needs. Very similar to a bank environment.
Pros
Open space for work
Cons
Too conservative
Company is great, but management needs a serious overhaul
Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 January 2017
I love this company. I was extremely disheartened to learn that I had been laid off. The company as a whole is a fantastic company. The benefits are great and the hours are flexible. Management however does not tend to deal with problems or issues accordingly. This is lower management. Not upper management. The upper management are wonderful and are very responsive to issues. Overall I am going to miss working for this company.
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible Hours
Cons
Lower Managements conflict resolution skills and communication skills
Tons of pressure, awful work environment, negativity, contract work
JTO (Former Employee) –  Hamiton6 May 2015
Shortly after being hired by FCT, it was easy to see why the turn over rate is so extremely high. They rarely hire full time positions and you always start on a contract. You are expected to work over time without over time pay. if you don't work over time, your fellow employees become disgruntled with you.

The Hamilton office is where I was employed and I worked with the most negative people I had ever met in my entire life
Pros
lunch room, free coffee and tea
Cons
unpaid over time, awful co workers, management that promises but never follows through, over worked, underpaid, negative work environment
bonuses, incentives, treats, carry over all what happend from DMSL
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2013
carry over the work from DMSL
Very busy every day, deal with lots of paper works especially alone with the registration department.
I learned a lot , like electronic registration, manual registration etc.
Management is excellent we're like a family, co workers i love it we're just one close family. the hardest part of my job is when the documents was not register at the right time.
The most enjoyable pat of the job is no mater what happen we're like family we deal all the mistake together. and its compensated what we have done. lots of treats from the company.
Pros
bonuses, incentives, treats (carry over from dmsl)
Cons
end 2 years contract
Fast Paced work environment
Documentation Clerk/CSR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 August 2012
Open electronic mail and faxes, answer incoming calls, direct faxes to right department, open mail and upload into system, answer and assist clients with legal information needed to obtain employment objective. Provide excellent personal customer service, contact clients requesting additional information to close files.
I learned more about the legal duties as a documentation clerk and worked closely with specialist obtaining knowledge for the employer.
Just a regular boring starter job, working 8:30-5 in a grey cubicle.
Junior Title Officer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 June 2015
I've only worked here for 6 months, but I hear all the other employees complaining about how they are treated, how hard they are worked, how they are not given enough help and how they are not paid enough. (who is paid enough though?)

FCT has a lot of jobs to give out, but doesn't have much of a salary to offer those workers. The work is very stressful and includes a lot of overtime. It's hard not to bring it home with you. I have already seen one woman have a nervous breakdown because her workload was so intense.
Pros
stable-- they do offer employee incentives. I get benefits and a job right out of college.
Cons
overworked, underpaid, not at all satisfied with what I do
Great company
Bilingual Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 March 2017
FCT is a Canadian company and has a very good establishment in Oakville Ontario.
The team of over 300 people are working hard to make sure every home owner be insure in their new or existing home.

The benefits are excellent and the café has excellent food.
Pros
Subsidery lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Toxic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 November 2016
Answer calls from irate, verbally abusive lawyers
No performance review feedback from manager. Little to no diversity in workforce. Management poorly organized and often hands down incomplete, poorly thought out, and contrary directives.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Low wage, little to opportunity for advancement, no diversity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCT. Our community is ready to answer.