Faurecia Employee Reviews

This place is HOOORIBBLE
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario20 December 2014
Worst place to work thats it. Trust me. If you live in canada and anywhere in the peel region. Avoid i repeat Avoid this place at all cost. The one I worked for is in Brampton,On through a Dirty piece a doodoo agency called WE MOVE PEOPLE.. They basically recylce thier workers. They put you on for 3-5 months then cut you. And then find fresh new workers.. Believe me you will see fresh new faces EVERY SINGLE DAY.. They are a very bad word that I wish I could write in here but can't.. The only thing that is nice is your co-workers and your pay if you get to even enjoy it.. Trust me I caution you. Avoid this place pleeease.
Pros
Good co-workers, ok pay
Cons
Baaaaaaad management
Good company
Automotive Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON2 December 2014
Job positions were offer to people of the company but unfortunately they have decided to close the company in Bradford.
People amazing to work with, but company closing.
Gap Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, production area2 November 2014
The job itself helped me to improve on building a backbone and communicating my own thoughts and ideas. I enjoyed leading a team and encouraging them to hit production numbers and requirements. Working on the production line I learned how to do quality checks, fix machines when it was within my knowledge and provide finished paperwork at the end of shift.
Pros
good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
working 6 days every week
day of work
assembler (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON1 November 2014
repetitive tasks daily
work on assembly line, quality checks at end station
packing and repack
housekeeping
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
Productive and very cooperative co-workers as a team
QA Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Bradford, Ontario23 October 2014
- Very productive but unfortunately, the company faurecia is going be close. I've learned different kind of testings regarding stability, static break test, cut & etch etc.
Pros
good benefits, no complains
Cons
shorts break
The environment, and people are great.
Full Time Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON12 October 2014
To make quality parts while hitting hourly targets per hour, I have learned many things how to work a mig and robotic welders, how to use different tools to perform quality checks to spec, how to perform lockout procedures, FIFO (first in, first out). how to handle problems that arise on and off line. WIMS training. My co-workers to me make my day, they play a big part of how a team will work good together. I found that the only thing that was hard about the job was the amount of overtime I had to put in over the years, I do like my over time. Once again I enjoyed working with the people they became a part of my extended family everyone gets along great there.
Pros
They handed out bonuses every 6 months and we had free lunches on hoildays, the benifits are great and the pension are good.
Cons
Long hours at times and lots of week-end over time which I found hard on the family life, I do understand how the industry works and what is requirered to surport customer demands.
factory work
assenbler (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON5 October 2014
there was many different jobs withhin Faurecia. What i did before i was laid off was. handling the unpainted chair frames from the welder, and hanged them onto a conveyor. The chairs, then went around into a washer, a dryer, then a powder coat. The coat would be heated up in a oven than adhered to the metal that would produce a coat of paint.My fellow employees and i would then take the final producct and organize then into the appropiate aisles
I have learned how organization and team work is vital especially in a factory.I got along well with my coworkers, and is there was any inncidents i followed proper procedures, however i do prefer to deal with problems with other face on. I dont want to take about management. This was the only company that i know of that kept the doors locked to the HR office. to employees.
After over ten years, I have to say that its the people that made it enjoyable
Pros
good medical benifets
Cons
only 1 break(10min) and 20min lunch
Productive with opportunities for overtime
Line Leader Duties (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON29 September 2014
My day would start with a meeting with the supervisor to discuss any news or issues from previous shifts. I would then have a meeting with my operators to relay the information given by the supervisor. I would then get them started on what parts they need to build and do my first offs. during the day I would deal with any issues that came up and do change overs as necessary.
The people were good to work with and knowledgeable in their roles which made job easier.
There was no real hard part about the job as long as you were well organized and could make decisions.
good place to work for
Design Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON3 June 2014
Nice place to work . Great place to work.The business is run with that notion in mind -- decisions are made based on long term impact (not just how the company is doing in a particular quarter which is so often the case in publicly traded companies).A company with good direction and opportunities. Staff is well trained. Safety is a top priority.
Lots of opportunity, friendly people.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON8 May 2014
I learned alot about teamwork and having to meet a quota on a daily basis.
The management was fair they were doing the best that they could with what they had.
My co-workers were always good to work with, most of them had been there longer then I had, so I used that to my advantage to learn as much as I could.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 March 2014
Loved my time at Faurecia . Worked with some great people, learnt a lot about automotive industry.
Pros
Great people, lots of overtime
Cons
they moved to Bradford
Great company with poor management
New Program Launch Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON25 February 2014
Top 5 meetings, APQP meeting,
PFMEA
Management Gate review
Cooperative co-workers
Suppliers commitment
Program launched to targets
fun place to work over all
welding assembly (Current Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON9 February 2014
lots of fun people that work there clean and lots of overtime just no time for yourself
Pros
lots of work
Cons
no time off
production line machine operator
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON15 January 2014
it was a good job but since the company mentioned they were moving their plant to Mexico, everyone slowly got let go (lay off)
Assembly line
Welder (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario8 January 2014
Consistent work, lifting parts, welding joints and moving fast.
To bad
Shipping/Receiving Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON9 December 2013
Plant is currently slated to close within the next 18 months.
Fast paced and productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 October 2013
Typical day at work:
punch in
gear up
set up your station check machine
weld parts together
load part onto the next station
repeat for 8-12 hours
punch out
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Overtime and very fast paced
Productive, easy but slow work.
Shaft Press Operatior. (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON31 August 2013
The company I worked for was night sifts, easy to learn, but hard to cope with sleeping.
Pros
Experience in a different work field .
Cons
Night shifts.
Bertrand Faure Vipond Quality Department
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vipond Mississauga25 February 2012
The boss was very supportive, always guided his staffs, and helped them achieve their goals.
He always said hello to everyone at start of the workday, and at the end of the work day, he also said goodbye and have a good evening.
He was young but understand how to effectively manage his department and his people, that created a healthy working environment and contributed to his success.
Pros
rewarded working environment