Fatburger Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT11 January 2020
nice people/always enjoyable if you are friendly to other staff.. you can learned all the station.the hardest part when we are busy lunchtime and dinner...
Fast food restaurant
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 January 2020
Very ordinary fast food restaurant, no difference from other fast food restaurants.
Indian owners who are not willing to pay if you Don't like the job and wannaa quit
Cashier and server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC23 December 2019
Very bad management and over working the stuff. I quit after 4days of working and never get paid, usually indian owners everywhere. Too much work for minimum wage. Poor Health concern. Food can be really bad
Pros
Tips poor amount though a dollar
Great environment, very structured and a great learning expereince
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 December 2019
As the GM of Fatburger I had the opportunity to meet some very amazing people. The franchisee of the Fatburger at which I was employed (Lethbridge AB Canada) is & always will be the most amazing/caring employer that I have ever worked for.
Pros
Very extensive/informative training to enable all staff members to be the best that they can be.
Cons
Not something I care to comment on.
It was fine
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 December 2019
I had fine experience . From first day staff had some issues . Place is really busy . Very less understanding , lot of work pressure . Manager doesn't even show up most of time.
fun work place
Chief Cook/sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 November 2019
it was my first job working in the fast food industry after i worked as a Nanny so i felt to excited and so happy when they phone me for interview Im so nervous but when the owner interviewed me i was impressed because she was so nice and polite i didnt feel any pressure i feel like im just talking to my friend. Im so thankful she gave me chance to work with her because i learned lots and improve myself. theyre awesome! i met new friends i developed my self confidence.
Fast paced but rewarding
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  North Edmonton, AB22 October 2019
I enjoyed having an employee discount and eating the great food when I worked at fatburger, I have grown as a grill cook working there and would recommend working there for someone who wants a starter kitchen job and needs hours.
Pros
Great food and experience
Cons
may hurt yourself
fun and fast-paced and amazing culture
Attendant and server (Former Employee) –  Ladner, BC17 September 2019
loved working there, had a amazing team and customers.
had to take orders, serve them at tables , keep the restaurant neat and tidy.
Had to keep the table and store front in stock
Fun workplace. Great staff
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2019
Fatburger is a great place to work. Fun environment. Great staff and management. Good pay and tips. They value the employees and have flexible schedules
Pros
Tips and half price meals
loved working here
Team leader/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 August 2019
i loved working here. i became a team leader because i was a hard worker and they took notice. co workers were great so were the customers. definitely recommend working here
Nice staff and productive place to work
Dining operator and cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 August 2019
It is very nice working over there. All the staff is very nice and helpful. You will learn many new things working over there. It is productive place.
Liked the coworkers
Customer service representative- Fat burger (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2019
Always had amazing coworkers who were willing to help and support each other. Just the new management was not as professional like the previous so, me and my coworkers had hard time to work.
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB2 May 2019
Working their day-to-day basis You had to multitask all the time ! Working there as well I made a lot of friends . If I ever had a problem they were very understanding and they would make sure that they trained me get enough so I would never mess up again . There is nothing very hard about that job at all I’m a very passionate that is the reason why it wasn’t very hard .
It’s a job. Good or bad...idk
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2019
I have worked there for three and a half years and never have gotten a raise, bonus or promotion. There are tips which are good but that’s it. It is very stressful if you’re at a busy location.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Stressful, pay 50% for food, never advance, low pay, improper breaks
Friendly environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC29 January 2019
Fatburger was a great first job that anyone could ask for. It teaches people how to handle the work dynamic and was very flexible. It gives confidence to people that need a little extra budge to open up and realize their potential.
Typical day at work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 November 2018
My first day I made 50.00 in tips. The manager was very polite and had tons of humour but kept everything on track.
The employees are nice.
Company was quiet busy sometimes it would be packed.
Very tasty food. Defently worth trying.
Pros
5.00 discounts
Cons
I worked from 11am - 4pm 1pm- 7pmeveryday
Not worth your time
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2018
The management at this place is terrible, they don't train you, and expect you to know everything. I had one training shift with a lady who didn't speak English, I brought up my concerns to the manager and nothing was done. The managers are also verbally abusive, I don't recommend working here.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
I had to the labour board to get my last paychecks, They don’t care about their employees, No training, Verbally abusive managers, Lazy management.
Easy work
Employee (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 September 2018
I was cashier at that place staff was so great and friendly too. I enjoyed so much by working there .
Tips are really great . Management was also very good. I got really great experience of cashier at that place.
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
working hours are flexible and you get the same training as other fast food chains which will help you gain knowledge of the basics. the hardest and probably the most enjoyable part of the job is working in fast-pace
Good burgers, bad managment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK - Golden Mile15 July 2018
Owner and manager work employees to the bone and expected more and more every day, cutting essential staff without a second thought and demanding the few remaining employee's to work overtime and multiple positions at once to compensate. As a franchise the food and atmosphere are great, but they should be a little careful with who they let manage and run their locations.
Pros
50% discount while working
Cons
Managers ask too much, pay too little