FASTFRATE Employee Reviews

Featured review
FASTFRATE selected this as a representative review
Fun place to work great people
Warehouse/ Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC5 March 2014
Working for Genisis was a great place for me to work. I enjoyed the life it has given me such as new friends and great personality. It was a security job so you had to be licenced but places I worked at were some sites such as for filming movies clubs and you even get to work on boat cruises.
Pros
clubs film industries
Cons
on call too much work if people don't show less than 6hrs notice sometimes
Terrible place to work
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2019
The warehouse if falling down around them and they don't care at all about Health and Safety. The forklift is broken and they repair it with pieces of metal they have lying around and told me to sign to maintenance papers saying that the forklift was in good working order. You're harassed and bullied by others who work there and the supervisor doesn't care about anything.
Cons
Drive forklift and the clam
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC25 February 2019
Unloading the freights from containers and loading with clam and forklift into trailor.Organize the work sheets for unloading and loading.Do safety check for clam and forklift before the starting of shift.
Pros
Train clam and forklift certify
Cons
Start to work graveyard shift for new hiring
j'ai adoré ce travaille
cariste (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC12 June 2018
conduire un lift a propane a été la plus belle experience de travaille
j'ai vraiment aimer sa sa ma ouvert les yeux
Pros
pause longue
Cons
non asssuré
Great boss and work environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON5 June 2018
Working at Fastfrate Orleans has been an enriching experience, I can say without a doubt that the care and appreciation from co-workers and higher-ups is highly appreciated and rare commodity in some work environments.

I learned vastly about deliveries and how stressful situations are always a possibility that must be prepared for and to not let them get you down. This job really opened up my eyes to how the delivery system in the modern world really takes place.

Hardest part of the job is proofreading your work, there is much importance placed on triple-checking your work in this job, and when you make an error it is not a pleasant time.

Most enjoyable part is definitely the people you get to work with, the drivers, desk-workers and especially the boss are all great people who are very accommodating to fresh blood and a new face. They are also very knowledgeable people, after spending a month there, trust me, you will learn all sorts of useful things about trucks, engines, etc.
Pros
Great boss and coworkers
Cons
Extreme vigilance on work, small errors can be just as bad as big ones
Horrible company with evil people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2017
If your looking to be with the scum of the earth this is the place to go. I never have been so poorly treated in all of my life. I have witnessed men and woman be victims of harassment, threats and violence by this group and they should all be thrown in jail.
Pros
Cons
manipulators, corruption, drug addicts, thieves, crooks, you name it
Wonderful Expierience
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 July 2017
My typical day at work consisted mainly of, off loading ocean containers filled with Canadian Tire product and loading into larger volume trailers, which required me to count amounts, paying attention to what I'd need from one side to the other to take up as much space as I could, so that in turn our productivity numbers would improve, taking care not to damage either product, trailer or machinery used. Towards the end of my stay at this job we were going through different management, and it resulted in me leaving due to poor morale, I felt that the lack of respect, and the need to require new skills were essential to the development of myself. The hardest part of my job was and is leaving and missing the feeling of productivity.
Pros
Free pizza lunches
Cons
The down times
Fast paced environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2017
This company had a great benefits package as well as job security. The team environment was hard working and fast paced. The manager was a good manager and gave workers a fair chance at the task provided to the individual.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No the most positive work force.
Nice
Customer Service Representative/Data entry (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON27 March 2017
Very hectic, very unorganized customer service department. I would have appreciated working more for this company if there was better communication and more organization. The staff was friendly and I got along with everyone. Everyone seemed over worked and stressed out all of the time, and was not acknowledged. This was not the type of environment I dinglywanted to be a part of.
Pros
free lunches, good pay
Cons
did not treat people/staff accordingly
good houres but pay is poor
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 June 2016
trucks are old and not kept in good shape
trailers are falling apart
branch manenger talks down to his driver and staff and cant keep poeple working there becuase of it .
Pros
not many pros there
Cons
poor pay and poor equiment and branch manenger talks down to his workers
emploi satisfaisant
CARISTE (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC12 September 2015
possibilité de perfectionnement dans la conduite de chariot élévateur
productive and friendly place
Lumping (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON24 June 2015
learned good working skills . Friendly environment , good team sprit . Management was very good and co-operative . It was hard in extreme climates .
cariste
Cariste, conducteur de chariot élévateur (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC29 May 2013
journée de travail vider les camion, et placer les palettes par section de ville(crossdock)
aspect plus difficile, charger les camion container,
il faut repartir la charge dans le camion et vérifier le poids,
aspect le plus agréable, c'est de charger les camion et container,