Fastenal Employee Review

Many, many hats!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA25 August 2013
As General Manager of a Fastenal location I am responsible for not only the Key Accounts within my territory but all the day to day management of a busy store front. This includes P&L, inventory management, AR, employee training and motivating, goal setting and oversight.

The hardest part of the job is being effective while running a very lean business. I have prided myself in grooming future managers. This results in relatively high turnover as my staff moves on to new opportunities within the organization. I would say the hardest part of my job is to not let the customer base feel the impact of those turnovers in staffing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with some of the largest companies in the world and seeing that their needs are met. Nothing brings me greater satisfaction then when they send more business my way and thank me for taking care of their needs at such a high level.
Pros
Flexibility, home most nights and weekends.
Cons
Not a lot of opportunities for advancement above General Manager.

Other Fastenal Employee Reviews

amazing job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 May 2018
everything about the job is amazing. the crew is great and the work place is safe and very efficeant . I would recommend this job to everyone . you won't be let down.
friendly staff
Material Handler/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 May 2018
i enjoyed my time at fastenal they believe in competitive salaries encourage safety and have a friendly environment. one of the hardest parts of the job was picking but i did enjoy it as your were needed to have a certain production rate and it was very competitive