Fastenal
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Fastenal

Fastenal Employee Review

Management is everything!

If you have a good manager and coworkers, this a great place to work! Nothing too difficult and can be a lot of fun! Excellent training programs. Pay could be better but I guess you can't have it all.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

ALWAYS understaffed

There was never enough staff to get all of the work done, which would run everyone ragged trying to keep up. Very little to no training for new employees. Your basically fed to the wolves. Little micro-management.
Same role

Worked there for a year 2 people quit one moved to another location due to manager.

Lots of issues at the one on twin oaks. I was pressured into driving a forklift without a license said no I want my license. Second was taking down skid racks over 16ft without harnesses. Said no again and proved you need your fall and safety ticket, so that being said the manager doesn’t know safety regulations and will try to get to you do that stuff to save money for the company. There’s no maintenance at those places also. I was a sales associate with zero sales. Manager there also controls who gets a percentage of each company and told me specifically to ask the employees for a percentage. It’s not a good place to work at that location. In the end the company isn’t there for you at all. Much more problems and issues there. Pay isn’t good too. Happy I’m out of that place.

Pros

The people you work with other then managers are decent people

Cons

Weird managers who sell safety supplies but don’t know any safety laws
Same roleSame location

Was used than dropped!

Everything was good in the beginning, they tell you what you want to hear, they promise you all kinds of advancement. Then a male comes along (all other staff are female) this male lies and gets my hours, then HE quits on them!... I'd work for them again maybe with an apology!!!!!

Pros

one great employee, that always gets passed over for promotions

Cons

they use you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Fastenal with

• Fastenal
  • Management is everything!