Fastenal
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Fastenal

Fastenal Employee Review

Great people

Loved the people but like all corporations you are a body and that is it. Both good and bad management and when you get the good it's great when you get the bad you look to leave.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Different culture

Very segregated between part time and full time employees. Full time are given way more flexibility in hours etc. They are payed way more and they often talk down to part time staff.
Same role

not right now

not right now regular part time job they keep you at parttime 30 hours a week to 33 hours so they don't have to hire you full time and pay you benefits but overall i learnt alot and enjoy doing my work there
Same location

False Hopes/Entry Position is Terrible

Being with Fastenal in Cambridge for a year... Stuck as part time as it's their entry position... Been promised multiple times a full-time position... Never does it appear. Without that you can't make commission, you don't get bonuses, there's no salary, only 30 hours a week, and no benefits... It's "OK" if you have another job I suppose, but if you're looking for any possible type of career it's no good. The job itself isn't too bad I guess. I make the same amount of money as the new/old warehouse workers... Which is infuriating and degrading to me as I have SO much responsibility/stress to deal with. Whereas the several warehouse workers that stock shelves, pick orders, and clean have no stress and minimal responsibility... Yet they get the same pay as me and sometimes even more hours than me if they have lots of receive/pick, etc. All in all, the people who do the interviews mislead the job itself and don't believe in promotions as "the company already pays you enough" to begin with... In their words, not mine. So in order to get a promotion, you need to obtain fulltime which is next to impossible. I've seen many people come and go in my time there as well as heard stories from the past. Quite the turnover rate.

Pros

What pros? I suppose a Dodge truck you can drive around in from time to time.

Cons

No breaks or lunches, have a granola bar in your pocket to eat whilst working if you get hungry...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement