Fastenal Employee Review

Untrained Management = Poor Experiences
Former Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta31 January 2013
Just starting out in B2B Sales? Then use this company for your personal benefit short term. The initial training that you will receive is great from trained educators. I would recommend the training for anyone as the instructors live their values. Now for the dark side of the equation. They training is inconsistent with the feet on the ground, meaning management. I am not referring to branch management, as they are only glorified sales people with extra duties to perform. I am referring to management above that level. Looked upon to be proficient communicator the fail hard and lead by this poor example. Much more of a high-school environment than a professional organization. Once you have cut your teeth and trained a bit then pursue another company. Smoke and mirror promises are going to come your way but pay them no mind as upper management are on strict budget and cant afford the promises they offer. Its the Walmart of Industrial Supply my friends.
Pros
good trainers in hq

Other Fastenal Employee Reviews

amazing job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 May 2018
everything about the job is amazing. the crew is great and the work place is safe and very efficeant . I would recommend this job to everyone . you won't be let down.
friendly staff
Material Handler/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 May 2018
i enjoyed my time at fastenal they believe in competitive salaries encourage safety and have a friendly environment. one of the hardest parts of the job was picking but i did enjoy it as your were needed to have a certain production rate and it was very competitive