Fastenal

Warehouse Worker6 reviews
Canada6 reviews

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,211 reviews

Ok place to work

Good pay for what you're doing. Management can be kind of condescending and rude, but this depends on how hard of a worker you are. Be ready to work hard and sweat a lot. Good place to make friends but management can worsen the experience for sure.

Workplace that used to be great, but has declined rapidly.

My time spent at Fastenal was honestly great the first year. But due to changes in management that occurred somewhat recently and the way things were being run, it rapidly became a bad place to stay employed at. From the department suddenly becoming overworked, and encountering days with absurd overtime one of the days being a morning shift that went from 8:00 am - 7:00 pm (when we are scheduled to end at 2:00 pm). I understand that overtime is expected at Fastenal, but it came to the point where afternoon shifts that started at 4:00 pm started going until 12:00 am to the occasional near 1:00 am, when before they would only go until 10:30 pm - 11:00pm. I believe that this job once was different from the common warehouse job and where people would leave in a good mood. But due to the changes, the work environment had declined and people were leaving a lot more frequently. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone other than those who only care about the pay.

Insights into Fastenal

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Love working here

A typical day at Fastenal is energetic and always surprising. The people in this company strive to work in a team-spirited environment. I enjoy sorting the products to their designated places. The hardest part of this job is when there are lesser colleagues available and production needs to be steady.

Face paced, positive work environment

Everyone works as a team and are very easy to get along with, It was like a second family. Busy from the time you clock in to the time you clock out! Always something to keep yourself busy! The only down fall is it takes a while to get a full time position.

Productive and fun work enviroment

Fastenal was a great and fun place to work and the staff was always happy and had a positive attitude towards everyone, its a good place to work for a warehouse enviroment.

Not the best!

Worked for Fastenal for a little over a year.At first the work was fine. Fast paced, great people to work with. They did have high expectations but as a new employee you learn to love it and hope that working towards these goals will bring some benefit.Well, trust me, when it comes to this company that's not the case. I was told going in there that as long as we managed to meet certain criteria we would always get a bonus every month. (Was told it worked out to about another dollar an hour. Take whatever you can get when they only pay you 10.50 an hour.) They never gave us that, never once. Even though I know for a fact we all did the work they asked of us.After about two months I was trained on the forklifts, told I would get a raise for that to. Nope.I mean, don't get me wrong here. If you want to meet some decent people, (besides the management who seem to have this "I'm better than you in every way" attitude) it's a pretty decent place. But if you're looking to advance at all in the company this place isn't for you. They have an incredibly high turnover rate for one, the management is disgusting as I said before, the pay is horrible compared to other warehouse jobs in the area, you wont get raises and if you do please tell me because I know people who have worked there for years and didn't get anything.At least you can put it on your resume?My advice, go work for McDonalds. It will look better on your Resume in the end anyways. If you are going to work at Fastenal though, ignore the goals because what they tell you and what actually happens are two COMPLETELY -

Pros

flexible working hours, some pretty awesome people work with you

Cons

pretty tough work for low pay, no room for advancement, terrible management, empty promises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement