Fastenal

Sales Associate14 reviews
Canada14 reviews

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,125 reviews

Great company for students

If you are a student working part time, this is a great company to work for. Really flexible hours and you are paid a fair salary. The young team members of this company bring good and new ideas. There is a mix between physical and office work, so you are not sit all day. Overall I would give 4/5

Worked there for a year 2 people quit one moved to another location due to manager.

Lots of issues at the one on twin oaks. I was pressured into driving a forklift without a license said no I want my license. Second was taking down skid racks over 16ft without harnesses. Said no again and proved you need your fall and safety ticket, so that being said the manager doesn’t know safety regulations and will try to get to you do that stuff to save money for the company. There’s no maintenance at those places also. I was a sales associate with zero sales. Manager there also controls who gets a percentage of each company and told me specifically to ask the employees for a percentage. It’s not a good place to work at that location. In the end the company isn’t there for you at all. Much more problems and issues there. Pay isn’t good too. Happy I’m out of that place.

Pros

The people you work with other then managers are decent people

Cons

Weird managers who sell safety supplies but don’t know any safety laws

Good and versatile job.

Fastenal offer a very versatile work. You learn a lot about all the industrie and about many different product. Also, the team is very great and the manager are commit in your job. Very good job for a student.

Pay was okay but horrible staff and management

If you want to be ridiculed daily and harrased daily by management and staff then this is the place for you. Training is sitting in front of a computer which you are given minimal time for. Pay was okay but false promises of advancement into full time.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Drama

Great company but needs a few tweaks.

I really enjoyed the flexibility they offered with scheduling. Proper training and they always have courses you can take to become better at your job and more knowledgeable. Management was great. I had to leave because they cut hours before and after Christmas. So if you work for them make sure you have money set aside for December and January. This is the only company I know makes itnharder on staff to get by during chrostmas

Sales associate - part time

Great for people with family obligations. They offer part time, during the week, no nights, no weekends. They are really open to offer job upgrades within the company itself

Very unprofessional

Absolutely the worse company I ever worked for. No management was ever in the store. Unexsperienced employees left to run the entire store including opening and closing of the store. Product was always late and never on time for customers. Completely unprofessional for a large company. Worked long days but was only compensated for 8 hours. It's know surprise there closing stores everywhere.

Was used than dropped!

Everything was good in the beginning, they tell you what you want to hear, they promise you all kinds of advancement. Then a male comes along (all other staff are female) this male lies and gets my hours, then HE quits on them!... I'd work for them again maybe with an apology!!!!!

Pros

one great employee, that always gets passed over for promotions

Cons

they use you

Independent work environment with large amounts of inventory management.

Large amounts of inventory management and stocking/restocking type work. Expectation from customers that you will be an "expert" in all things industrial. I learned a great deal about the industry in my time there, especially as related to fasteners. Workplace culture is very goal oriented and very independent. You will be expected to work independently and without instruction once you are past your probationary phase as an employee. Most challenging part of the job was initially the learning curve. Prior knowledge of the industry will be very useful in this job. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with, as it so often is.

District a Wreck

Worst managed company I have ever experienced. Over complicated Inventory Management system led to general confusion on daily basis. Young gun manager lost, made employees work in winter clothes for weeks and refused to get heat fixed due to "no frills" culture. Sketchy training then thrown into sales cycle.

Pros

Plenty of room for improvement

Great Team

Sales positions are paid partially on commission, delivery drivers are hourly, everyone works towards the store sales goal, if goal is met then non-comission employees get a bonus each month. We haven't missed goal in years so I think everyone is doing quite well on their pay

Pros

Great team

Cons

Can't stay home in bed all month and expect to make money.

Nice place to get trained and start your career

You learn a lot to organize, plan and execute. Good for people who have a strong will and desire to achieve results. It is a typical sale focused company.

Pros

A good learning center.

Cons

Emphasis is on figures only.

Long hours, potential to grow

Fastenal is a great environment to gain many skills; from sales to administrative. You are able to network with customers, and coworkers. Fastenal encourages personal growth.

Pros

not repetitive

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace, very professional and cares alot about customer service. "Growth through customer service." All management extremely professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement