Fastenal

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,129 reviews

Insights into Fastenal

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Great company with opportunities to grow within

Some people have written that being a Fastenal delivery driver has "mundane" tasks! I'm not sure which companies delivery drivers have "non mundane" tasks, The great thing about Fastenal is that the so called "delivery drivers" have every opportunity to move into different roles, like account specialists, outside sales people, operations managers, etc within the branch or move into roles outside of the local branch like safety specialists, vending solutions, lean 6 sigma implementation roles, and many others. If you are a HARD WORKING SMART and AMBITIOUS person Fastenal is a great company to begin a career with and grow with as the corporation is growing and expanding every year. I would have to say the vast majority of negative reviews would have to be coming from people that didn't have the 3 attributes above.

Pros

Only promote from within, new challenges and tasks each day

Dynamic and friendly environment

Great people, great opportunities, and the most enriching working experience I have had. I find it easy to come in to work in the morning knowing I have an amazing team that supports me.

Pros

Flexible, Great opportunities

Fun place to work, plenty of opportunities to grow

Great place to work, great people, great products. Focus on value-added services such as Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI). Promote from within means everyone has a chance to grow their career.

Corporative company with a lot of latitude

Even if Fastenal is a large company, we believe each local store will make the good choices for the best of his customer, employees and company. That gives us the power of thinking of our choices and feel we have the power to change thing, that's amazing!

overworked

Great job to gain experiance and product knowledge. Be prepared to work 9.5 hours with no overtime pay. Used to love this place. Can't wait to get out.

High paced inside and outside sales requiring in depth product knowledge and account managemernt

Due to lack of employee retention the position can be extremely demanding and stressful without the support needed to fulfill all duties. Recruitment and remuneration are a little low for the workload and responsibilities demanded.

Great Company For Growth

Great company to work for who promote from within. Monday To Friday 7.30am-5pm which offers a good work life balance. Very good training program. Average pay and benefits for the industry with commision paid for F/T employees. You often get back what you put in.

Pros

Training, Hours Of Operation and Commission

Cons

Canada is often the forgotten child (US company)

Great place for personal growth

This company is an exceptional company to work for. You will always receive motivation for growth in your career. Lots of training and support from the district and company. Pay structure could be more clear and better benefits.

Goal is king

Reach goal keep your job ! No goal no job. very little corporate support. Good training opportunities. Selling industrial products. Would be good job for entry level person

Pros

Good training

Cons

Poor Pay

There are many other more suitable employers in the market

There are many other more suitable employers in the market. The main CONS of this place of work are the lack of work-life balance and job security. The pay structure is considerably less than its main competitors.

Pros

Young staff

Cons

work-life balance, job security, poor management, lower pay than competitors

Allows motivated individuals to make decent living and learn about running your own business

Fastenal provides opportunities to those who are willing to work hard. They provide good technical training to assist new employees in adapting to the MRO market. Sales training is on going and there are many resources at your finger tips to help people succeed. The operating system is pretty straight forward. Inventory and delivery times can be an issue as many items need to be ordered from warehouses in the US.

good start to a sales job

Great start to learn about the industrial sales world or just sales in general. the pay is o.k. management is meh. Good benefits and employee share program. Horrible hours 7:30-5:00 mon-friday

Fastenal

Good place to work with great co-workers. Sell good products and lots of opportunity to grow and advance if you want to move up.

Opportunity to move up and learn, that's about it

The company used to be really good. They used to believe in "Take care of your people and they will take care of you", but things have changed in the last year or so and not for the better. That being said, they have a fantastic training program and there are great opportunities to travel.

Pros

Training

Cons

No appreciation

Overall

I enjoy the sourcing and the challenge of finding something that it out of the "standard" product that we supply The work environment is great, and the people are great! the hours can be long

Pros

the co-workers

Cons

management

Growth through Customer Service - job that taught me the most

Fastenal offered vendor managed inventory programs that are customized to fit the needs of each customer. Enjoyed sourcing and delivery on time, finding solutions when other companies were unable to and saving companies by eliminating warehouse space and consolidating items. Loved working there and the high profit margins.

Good company to work for with great work ethic

I have worked in multiple roles in my short time with the company, 4 years. I have had success in every step I've taken due to hard work and helpful people around me who wanted me to succeed as well.

Horrible morals and ethics in upper managment

If you think of becoming pregnant and going on maternity leave, expect to be demoted.

Pros

flexibility for appointments

Cons

Everything else.

Bad Company

First they promise you the world then take it away. when they expect you to hit sales goals when you are the only one working in the branch its hard to get out to your customers. And their hiring process is dumb taking a test the even a two year could barely do , as the GM I had to pre interview potential people which is not allowed by the company then take the test for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9