Fastenal
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Fastenal Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

Kitchener, ON27 reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,121 reviews

Great, but could be better

If you are a student, this job is perfect as the hours are flexible...but that's really the best thing. If the location is significantly out of your way you would be much better off looking somewhere else.

Pros

Take as much time off whenever needed. Great break room

Cons

No permanent full -time so you can't make as much as you should/could

Internal Promotion and a strong inclusion environment

In almost every department it's about working together as opposed to working "for"...The founder has 10 rules of leadership and they involve things like "Suppress your ego""Challenge Rather than Control"Most managers work according to those rules and let good people do good things.

Pros

Good personal responsibility environment

Cons

None unless you get the wrong manager

No culture and always part-time so no benefits

No culture and always part-time so no benefits, they also provide little relevant training and will not sponsor most education opportunities. Management is a clique that very few are allowed into.

Negative experience

Very negative experience. Cut throat and full of lies. If you need a job for the sake of having a job they arw flexible but the pay is bad and no benefits. Management only cares about themselves and will tell you what you want to hear while takong advantage of you and your health. Dont stay for long and if you wish to move up in the company, then swallow your morals

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Everything esle

Love working here

A typical day at Fastenal is energetic and always surprising. The people in this company strive to work in a team-spirited environment. I enjoy sorting the products to their designated places. The hardest part of this job is when there are lesser colleagues available and production needs to be steady.

Mean and aggressive to their employees

They are mean to their employees. They also wont follow the Ontario disability act. They will purposely make you work over 45 hours a week but not bumb you up to fulltime so they wont have to pay out benefits

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

good workplace with good people

I sorted Boxes into pallets. I learned teamwork, initiative, and hard work while employed here. The management is good. The most enjoyable part of working here was the coworkers.

Office staff have no clue as to MTO LAWS the 3 in charge of the drivers are clueless and not qualified to run logistics 2 failed truck drivers and a young women who is very nice as long as she gets her way .Job pays well if you can get your run done in shorter time but not paid overtime when things like weather go side ways Pay structure is very messed up good luck figuring it out They claim big yearly salary but it doesn't work out at the end of the year Overall the Job is not bad but middle management and driver supervisors are un qualified and tell you what you want to hear to get their product out

Pros

Pay equipment

Cons

Management..pay structure confusing and not accurate

I worked at Fastenal for a few years while I was in college. I was a material handler that later became a supervisor. I was always treated well by management and co-workers.

Pros

good staff, good management, low stress environment

Cons

pay wasn't the greatest

Nice work environment

Nice manager, good work environment, very safe, good pay and days off. Liked to work with my team and they gave very flexible hours for college and high school students.

Productive workplace

I am able to work overtime to increase my income. My coworkers are very friendly and care for the well being of others. We work in teams to make everything work.

Pros

able to work extra hours

Cons

very physically demanding job

Just stay away

Just stay away The company is not worth the headache The pay is ok management is really bad and if you do decide to go just remember we told you so

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

Management of the company is just bad

Standard factory job

nice relaxed atmosphere, fun management some parts were heavy work but other areas are nice and easy going. not bad salary as well as hours were standard . good overall experience

Pros

day shift

Cons

heavy lifting in material handling

Good atmosphere and work enviorment

The workers are great and management is nice, the work does get repetitive but because of the coworkers it is an even balance of good to bad, I would recommend working here.

friendly staff

i enjoyed my time at fastenal they believe in competitive salaries encourage safety and have a friendly environment. one of the hardest parts of the job was picking but i did enjoy it as your were needed to have a certain production rate and it was very competitive

Fun and possible promotions.

Working at Fastenal was fun and not that stressful. Whenever someone on the team needed help there would always someone else to help. The only bad thing I would say is the amount of dust in the air so it would get uncomfortable after a while being in the warehouse.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Dusty

Good Starter Position

Daily sales. Workplace culture was good and staff was good. Poor leadership on the local levels. Good place to work your way up the ladder if you wish to do so.

Flexible work/life balance, but not the best compensation

Great commission opportunities, but not consistent, and generally low salaries. Good people, good customers, slowly seem to have moved towards chasing the almighty buck vs. trusting in new ideas and riding them out.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Politics eventually come into play

Great Place to Work

Great company, good management, flexible hours,a lot of customer focus and great opportunity for advancement within the company

ok, can be fun, stressful half the time, with overbearing management

Can be fun if you have a good manager. Typical day involved talking to customers on the phone, responding to RFQs, picking stock for vending machines, restocking vending machines, inventory analysis etc. I learned to use my time more efficiently and to achieve company goals. Management is bad. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job is sourcing product. It can eat up a huge chuck of your day. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you make target and see your hard work pay-off.

Pros

Freedom to do your job

Cons

Poor management

Fun workplace

This location is currently closed but I would recommend any Fastenal environment to anyone. Management was great and I made $13.00 an hour.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement