Fastenal

Fastenal Employee Reviews in Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Fort Saskatchewan, AB2 reviews

Found 2 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,209 reviews

Critical thinking/multitasking/management

Typical day at work was to make cold calls and bring a value added service to our customers. It was a brand new company, and I was part of piloting the sales portion of the venture for northern Alberta. I learned how to ask effective questions that allowed me to learn the specifics of a company so that I was prepared to make presentations if needed. Management moves quickly due to quick turn around within store fronts and upper management. I had developed some great mentors during my time with the company For the most part I had great experiences with coworkers both inside and outside of my branch. Finding the right employees is the most difficult part of developing any company. The stress put on by only one individual made by multiple customers with limited assets like employees and logistics. Developing relationships with customers that turned into great business partnerships.

There are many other more suitable employers in the market

There are many other more suitable employers in the market. The main CONS of this place of work are the lack of work-life balance and job security. The pay structure is considerably less than its main competitors.

Pros

Young staff

Cons

work-life balance, job security, poor management, lower pay than competitors

Insights into Fastenal

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement