Fastenal
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Fastenal

Fastenal Employee Review

Not a good place to work.

The pay does not match the work you have to do. The commission matrix is such that you will work harder year after year to make less. Commission is paid primarily on growth (new accounts only) but all the existing customer sales pay out much less yet there is still a lot of selling and account managing to be done to maintain your client base. Overall, stock at the store level is very low and cannot accommodate emergency client orders. They also make you do a 5 week brainwashing training in Winona MN at their HQ with little to no allowance if you are going to be a GM. They don't offer the proper tools and equipment to safely do your job. Very cheap company. Not worth it at all.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list.

Same location

Good

Good work Envirnoment. Wonderful staff. Would continue to work for them but am moving. Not much room to grow unless you're willing to relocate to where there is positions available.

Meh

A fast paced workplace where heavy lifting is required. Stand still and you're yelled at, work slow and you're yelled at. Showing kindness in a work environment such as this one won't get you anywhere either.

Pros

Back pain

Cons

Enjoyed working there

I loved my time at Fastenal. The branch manager was willing to let me work a "floating" part time shift around my husband's schedule as long as I got my hours in and my work done. Truly loved the position and the people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Compare Fastenal with

• Fastenal
  • Not a good place to work.