Fastenal
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Fastenal

Fastenal Employee Review

Great, but could be better

If you are a student, this job is perfect as the hours are flexible...but that's really the best thing. If the location is significantly out of your way you would be much better off looking somewhere else.

Pros

Take as much time off whenever needed. Great break room

Cons

No permanent full -time so you can't make as much as you should/could

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Decent work environment

In almost 7 months of work, I feel like I've learned a lot about my job as an order picker. It has been pretty neat to pick, pack and sometimes sort the orders that I'm involved with. In the overall process of Supply Chain Management, picking definitely has an impact. The reason is, you have to make sure your orders that you pick are correct and accurate. Then the other procedures, shipping out inclusive become easier.My only peeves or inconveniences would be the occasional dust that can be there when picking packages as well as the rare high frequency of heavy picks or large quantity orders and the malfunctioning of processing equipment (monitors, scanners, printers) in the time you're actually picking!
Same role

Not a good place to work

If you ask for a raise they either tell you come back at the end of the quarter or that there is a hiring freeze. If you want to make mediocre money this is the job for you. If you want to be able to say you're proud of your employer, don't apply here.

Pros

Paid lunches, no one really cares.

Cons

Can be hard work, no room for advancment.
Same location

Workplace that used to be great, but has declined rapidly.

My time spent at Fastenal was honestly great the first year. But due to changes in management that occurred somewhat recently and the way things were being run, it rapidly became a bad place to stay employed at. From the department suddenly becoming overworked, and encountering days with absurd overtime one of the days being a morning shift that went from 8:00 am - 7:00 pm (when we are scheduled to end at 2:00 pm). I understand that overtime is expected at Fastenal, but it came to the point where afternoon shifts that started at 4:00 pm started going until 12:00 am to the occasional near 1:00 am, when before they would only go until 10:30 pm - 11:00pm. I believe that this job once was different from the common warehouse job and where people would leave in a good mood. But due to the changes, the work environment had declined and people were leaving a lot more frequently. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone other than those who only care about the pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Fastenal with

• Fastenal
  • Great, but could be better