Fastenal
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Fastenal Employee Reviews

Found 175 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,098 reviews

Productive, always new products and clients as well as clients that keep you looking for products!

Always had support in looking and finding new and innovative products for our new and old clients. Very helpful , great support locally and internationally if needed

Not a good place to work

If you ask for a raise they either tell you come back at the end of the quarter or that there is a hiring freeze. If you want to make mediocre money this is the job for you. If you want to be able to say you're proud of your employer, don't apply here.

Pros

Paid lunches, no one really cares.

Cons

Can be hard work, no room for advancment.

No culture and always part-time so no benefits

No culture and always part-time so no benefits, they also provide little relevant training and will not sponsor most education opportunities. Management is a clique that very few are allowed into.

blah blah

Very poorly run management gives very little direction and allows things to get out of control when the customers needs should be met consistently and with more professionalism

Pros

free hat & tshirt

Cons

poor pay

Not a good place to work.

The pay does not match the work you have to do. The commission matrix is such that you will work harder year after year to make less. Commission is paid primarily on growth (new accounts only) but all the existing customer sales pay out much less yet there is still a lot of selling and account managing to be done to maintain your client base. Overall, stock at the store level is very low and cannot accommodate emergency client orders. They also make you do a 5 week brainwashing training in Winona MN at their HQ with little to no allowance if you are going to be a GM. They don't offer the proper tools and equipment to safely do your job. Very cheap company. Not worth it at all.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list.

Worked there for a year 2 people quit one moved to another location due to manager.

Lots of issues at the one on twin oaks. I was pressured into driving a forklift without a license said no I want my license. Second was taking down skid racks over 16ft without harnesses. Said no again and proved you need your fall and safety ticket, so that being said the manager doesn’t know safety regulations and will try to get to you do that stuff to save money for the company. There’s no maintenance at those places also. I was a sales associate with zero sales. Manager there also controls who gets a percentage of each company and told me specifically to ask the employees for a percentage. It’s not a good place to work at that location. In the end the company isn’t there for you at all. Much more problems and issues there. Pay isn’t good too. Happy I’m out of that place.

Pros

The people you work with other then managers are decent people

Cons

Weird managers who sell safety supplies but don’t know any safety laws

Environnement agréable rempli de défis

C'est une entreprise qui te pousse à te surpasser quotidiennement. Les opportunités de formations et de développement de carrières sont aussi très intéressantes.

Pros

Bonne ambiance, bon management

Cons

télétravail difficile

Industrial setting. Dyanamic colleagues

Wasn’t convinced about working in an industrial setting after university, but the strength of this company really is the people. Each store is its own independent unit and working in such a small but dynamic team is really fun.

Pros

As a part time employee, no Nights or weekends! Full time employees get great benefits and competitive pay.

Cons

Somewhat outdated views towards technology.

Great company for students

If you are a student working part time, this is a great company to work for. Really flexible hours and you are paid a fair salary. The young team members of this company bring good and new ideas. There is a mix between physical and office work, so you are not sit all day. Overall I would give 4/5

Good and versatile job.

Fastenal offer a very versatile work. You learn a lot about all the industrie and about many different product. Also, the team is very great and the manager are commit in your job. Very good job for a student.

Dynamic and friendly environment

Great people, great opportunities, and the most enriching working experience I have had. I find it easy to come in to work in the morning knowing I have an amazing team that supports me.

Pros

Flexible, Great opportunities

Fun place to work, plenty of opportunities to grow

Great place to work, great people, great products. Focus on value-added services such as Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI). Promote from within means everyone has a chance to grow their career.

Corporative company with a lot of latitude

Even if Fastenal is a large company, we believe each local store will make the good choices for the best of his customer, employees and company. That gives us the power of thinking of our choices and feel we have the power to change thing, that's amazing!

Amazing work environment i love sorting and puzzles and thats basically all i did

Managment was super nice he was my bud not my boss, but that might be partly because I did my job so well, it's kinda hard to get familiar with the store soring hunders of different things it can definitely be overwhelming but they have an extremely efficient system having only to look at one letter an 1 2 or 3 numbers. And the vending machines were overly simple to put together he showed me how to make a big section and a little one each coil connects to the back of the row and the row plugs I to the machine... so simple.

Un avenir remplis de défi!

Chez Fastenal, j'ai découvert une deuxième famille. À tout les jours j'évolue autant sur le plan professionnel que personnel. Pour moi c'est la première fois que j'ai hâte de me réveiller pour aller travailler et ça depuis 2ans!Jour après jour je rencontre de nouveau défi qui me force à développer mes connaissances dans diverses domaines. Des domaines que je n'aurais jamais cru m'intéresser dans le passer. Pour ma part Fastenal à complètement changé ma vie!Si vous avez une chance, joignez-vous à l'équipe!

Pros

décentralisation du pouvoir de décision dans l'entreprise

Cons

le télétravail est difficile

Excellente entreprise pour apprendre et grandir à long-terme

Environnement intrapreneurial challengeant avec énorme opportunité de croissance.

Pros

Promotion de l'interne. Pouvoir décisionnel decentralisé

Cons

Hard work

Pay was okay but horrible staff and management

If you want to be ridiculed daily and harrased daily by management and staff then this is the place for you. Training is sitting in front of a computer which you are given minimal time for. Pay was okay but false promises of advancement into full time.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Drama

Environnement de travail

Environnement agrgréableeable avec de beaux défis ! Conseiller a tout le monde qui souhaite améliorer l'aspet vente de leurs carriere !

Manque de transparence et d'honnêteté

Si vous désirez postuler simplement pour compléter vos études et quitter par après, c'est un bon emploi. Mais ne comptez pas rester là plus de deux ans. Les gestionnaires ne sont pas transparents et vous racontent n'importe quoi pour que vous restiez. Ils manquent d'employés à temps partiel pour faire le travail physique et compter des vis, donc ils sont prêts à vous vendre un rêve, mais ils ne tiennent pas leurs paroles.Ne vous fiez pas à ce qu'ils racontent lors des entrevues. Ils sont désespérés pour trouver du personnel.Mauvaise gestion des ressources humaines.Les tâches d'un temps partiel ressemblent à défaire la commander, compter le nombre de boulons dans le magasin et aller remplir les tiroirs des clients chaque jour.

Pros

Horaire lundi au vendredi de jour

Cons

Esprit d'équipe, gestion du personnel, avantages sociaux, travail physique, gestionnaires malhonnêtes

Good entry level

If you dont have any experience, this job is a good one, you will gain knowledge and experience in the field rapidly. You weirdly have to buy the work clothes (not paid back), if you work full time you are working 7:30-5:00 which is more than 40 hours a week (no overtime paid). Make sure to negotiate before signing anything or else you will be stuck with those hours. .You can climb the rank of the company with time and achieved way better position if you show results and hard work. This job is really good for not requiring any type of education or degree, the salary aren’t better than competitors but not bad (you can ask for raises)

Pros

Compagny truck, good commission with performance, higher role are accessible within 2-3 years

Cons

More than 40 hours (if full time), have to pay for work gear, lower wage than average in the industry, high pressure, Canadian have a really hard time to deal with accountability team in US for a pregnancy, or other emergency.

Serious but enjoyable environment

A typical day includes receiving products, managing inventory and delivering products to customers. The management is good and always ensures workers are properly coordinating. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to connect and grow with customers in your area. Co-workers help create a positive work environment to help time pass.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement