Fastenal

Canada203 reviews

Found 203 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,320 reviews
industrialbranchsaleproductsalaryinventorydeliverycommission

Not an awful workplace

Nice to you in some ways, like giving a long lunch, but not nice if you don't fit in and break your back for them. No advancement opportunities. Didn't pay attention to my resume, hired me for a position I "wasn't qualified for," and kind of blamed me.

Good place to learn and start

Growth opportunities narrow down/disappear as you grow. Watch your back always it is an extremely competitive work environment. No salary increase no performance reviews.

Insights into Fastenal

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Laissé à soi-même

ils en veulent toujours plus, sans en donner plus.

Horrible place to work.

Only managers get fulltime benefits. No benefits at all. Rude managers and not very understanding. They watch you like a hawk and monitoring how long it takes you to do each task.They have their favorites and if you're not it then they will make it hard for you. They also give you write ups for mistakes even when you're a few weeks in. Not the best environment. Don't work here.

Lot work and low pay

My coworkers are nice and cooperative which translate into a healthy work environment. You can learn a lot from this business and it's operations. The downside is that the pay is low.

Decent for just another corporation

You need to learn a lot about many different industrial items, and customers will be annoyed when you don't know about every obscure tool or fastener they bring up. Better pay than retail, but much much more work

Sucked

Under payed over workedPeople are two faced Always secret deals going on when it comes to people getting payedNot much else to say about it other then that. Shady people there.

Great Place to work

Great if you like to multi task and work autonomously. Lots of learning potential and they promote from within. Relaxed environment but most take the career and customer experience seriously.

Pros

Monday to Friday, lots of support

Cons

Could be more ergonomically work friendly, US Company that does not really understand Canada Labour Laws

I wouldn’t recommend this place

Absolutely no job security . there is a lot of training . If you fail the training you will not advance. Even in management the wags are very low for this amount of pressure

Pros

Lots of training

Cons

Wages are to low for this type of job

No structure

In theory this is a great company to work for. In reality from the top down there is little to no structure and therefore very stressful. I would not recommend anyone apply here.

Reliable management and great coworkers

Fastenal has been great to me so far. The management is amazing, the people are amazing and really push every employee to succeed in the company. could pay better but thats the same everywhere

Good Work Environment

Great people to work with, the company really aims for team work. If you have the right team and the right management it can be a really fantastic company to work for. They respect work/life balance.

Entreprise avec beaucoup de challenges

Une entreprise avec qui tu peux grandir et évoluer professionnellement.Si tu aimes les défis et être récompensé pour tes efforts Fastenal est une très bonne compagnie pour toi.

Ne surtout pas faire confiance à personnes

A l embauche il te promet un salaire.. mais sur la paye c est tout autre et à la baisse.. si tu ne fais pas partie de la gang.. tu sera rejetée durant l année..Ne surtout pas faire confiance à personnes.

Pros

Une certaine liberté au travail

Cons

C est un environnement de garderie pour enfants

Great people

Loved the people but like all corporations you are a body and that is it. Both good and bad management and when you get the good it's great when you get the bad you look to leave.

Decent work environment

In almost 7 months of work, I feel like I've learned a lot about my job as an order picker. It has been pretty neat to pick, pack and sometimes sort the orders that I'm involved with. In the overall process of Supply Chain Management, picking definitely has an impact. The reason is, you have to make sure your orders that you pick are correct and accurate. Then the other procedures, shipping out inclusive become easier.My only peeves or inconveniences would be the occasional dust that can be there when picking packages as well as the rare high frequency of heavy picks or large quantity orders and the malfunctioning of processing equipment (monitors, scanners, printers) in the time you're actually picking!

Management is everything!

If you have a good manager and coworkers, this a great place to work! Nothing too difficult and can be a lot of fun! Excellent training programs. Pay could be better but I guess you can't have it all.

Pretty laid back place to work.

Worked here for 3 years. Pay is ok, but the hours are long and it's bi monthly salary so when you actually work it out it's not that much per hour. Hard to only get paid on the 1st and the 16th each month. sometimes that's more than 2 weeks between pays.

Different culture

Very segregated between part time and full time employees. Full time are given way more flexibility in hours etc. They are payed way more and they often talk down to part time staff.

Workplace that used to be great, but has declined rapidly.

My time spent at Fastenal was honestly great the first year. But due to changes in management that occurred somewhat recently and the way things were being run, it rapidly became a bad place to stay employed at. From the department suddenly becoming overworked, and encountering days with absurd overtime one of the days being a morning shift that went from 8:00 am - 7:00 pm (when we are scheduled to end at 2:00 pm). I understand that overtime is expected at Fastenal, but it came to the point where afternoon shifts that started at 4:00 pm started going until 12:00 am to the occasional near 1:00 am, when before they would only go until 10:30 pm - 11:00pm. I believe that this job once was different from the common warehouse job and where people would leave in a good mood. But due to the changes, the work environment had declined and people were leaving a lot more frequently. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone other than those who only care about the pay.

ALWAYS understaffed

There was never enough staff to get all of the work done, which would run everyone ragged trying to keep up. Very little to no training for new employees. Your basically fed to the wolves. Little micro-management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement