Fasken

Working at Fasken: Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews

environmentworkinggoodworkmanagementfaskenjoblot

Incredibly Busy

Incredibly busy law firm. Management will help you out if you're drowning, but ONLY if you go to them and ask for it. There's no proactivity there. Learned that the hard way.

Typical biglaw experience

Lot of lip service to work life balance but not in practice. You have to know who to suck up to if you want an offer. Experience depends entirely on practice area.

Insights into Fasken

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive professional work environent

It is a professional place to work. Sone lawyers are disrespectful and look down or treat support staff poorly, easy to figure out who they are. But a strong HR dept and extremely well managed firm

worst place to work

There is no job security and you are just a number. They can let you go for no reason at any time even if you have been working there for a long time.

Pros

na

Cons

Lots

Generally good place to work but staff retention issues are leading to extra work/burnout. There are some nice perks like free food and fun parties, that are finally coming back since the pandemic.

Pros

Good pay and benefits, perks like free food and parties

Cons

Overtime, separation between lawyers and staff

Value their employees

Great management, welcoming team, good work-life balance, and you can tell they truly listen to their employees! Competitive salary, very good benefits and thoughtful activities for employees.

Horrible Experience

Exhausting Interview process with a phone call, video call, a personality test, and two more group video interviews. Then a while longer I received a job offer. The only good thing about working here is getting paid and that the lawyers are friendly. But I have had low end retail jobs that have better HR, management and internal organization than this corporate law firm. Everything from the training to moving forward from the probation period was a mess. I was constantly being misled by my manager regarding my work, goals and expectations. In my experience the HR is also very one sided looking out for management and not the other employees.

Culture d'entreprise

Culture d'entreprise peu attrayante et obligation de demeurer connectés en tout temps, y compris les fins de semaine.

Boring work place

Not good place if you want your career to grow.they do not invest or provide any technical training as this is remote office and everything is controlled from vancouver and Toronto.

Pros

Good culture, relaxed environment, friendly people and management

Cons

No techical advancement, no training No career advacement.

Great Team including HR and Direct Management!

Working in IT I was involved in many different projects. My Manager is an amazing Leader with many years of experience in the fields of IT and A/V.It is an 8 hour workday with Benefits, Vacation and sick days.

Generally good people, some practice groups more difficult

Overall for a large law firm this is a good environment. Lots of training and skills acquisition opportunities- they really invest in their staff. Many people have been working with the firm for years, and the office I was in has a great, supportive environment among support staff. The attorneys with most practice groups are reasonable, decent people. However, where there are difficult personalities, the firm does not seem to be able to deal with, manage, or resolve problems. If you’re with a good group it’s an excellent place to work. If you’re in a practice group where there are one or two people with issues, you will probably end up moving on to a new firm as management and hr take a head in the sand approach.

Pros

Very competitive pay, most people are friendly and it’s a positive environment

Cons

HR and management need to work on resolving issues with a handful of difficult people

Culture d'entreprise malsaine et environnement de travail toxique

Environnement de travail toxique. Très peu d'écoute et de soutien de la part de la direction.

Pros

Excellente cohésion et collaboration avec mon équipe

Cons

Climat de travail toxique au niveau de la hiérarchie

Good work-life balance and compensation

If you are a non-legal staff and want a good work-life balance, then Fasken is a great place to work. The tasks and goals are well defined by the team leads. Proactiveness might not be very well rewarded as the teams are still too siloed. But, it's getting better! The company is on a great track of innovation. Culture varies from team to team. Not too many things/events happening for non-legal staff.

Pros

Good pay, good work-life balance, structured and defined scope of work

Cons

Lack of events for non-legal staff, can get boring at times, HR needs to find ways to engage the different teams

Fasken is a good company. Management is fair with the employees and fantastic work culture. Everyone is supportive with new employees and are treated with respect. There are HR events that are really nice with catering and perks, which boosts employee morale.

Pros

surrounded by supportive co-workers and HR events are exciting!

Cons

I was a contractor and if I was hired as a perm employee, I would stay.

Excellent firm to work for

Extremely professional and collaborative international business law firm. Highly recommend. Best lawyers in the profession. Very fair and ethical. It is a privilege to work there.

Pros

Collaborative, professional, flexible, fair, ethical

Cons

Low salary, poor benefits, not much opportunity for advancement

Environnement concurrentiel

Répondre aux demandes de réservations de salles Exécuter simultanément plusieurs tâches Culture hautement professionnel Composer avec le stress, l'inquiétude des employés de bureau Côtoyer des avocats de très haut niveau

Used to be good - but tides are changing

Quick paced environment which can be stimulating however a lot of cuts have been made (staffing and office perks) which creates bad moral and a somewhat stressful environment.

Professional work environment with room for growth

Fasken is a great place to work. It is a professional yet fun environment. It's fast paced and challenging but you receive as much support as you need from anyone you ask. Everyone is always willing to help. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the life to work balance while remaining in a client facing role. Every day was different and it was never a chore to go to work in the mornings. I would recommend Fasken as a workplace to anyone.

Unfair and not good

Didn't like it at all and after my boss got sick I left as soon as I could.

Very stressful environment

I prefer not to complete this section. There is nothing to say or mention about this organization. My situation is an exception with 15 of my other co-workers.

Supportive Work Environment

Very supportive and friendly work environment, colleagues were helpful and on-boarding experience detailed and thorough, necessary to be successful in the position you were hired for. Very comfortable easing into a new position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fasken. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement