Fashion Addition Employee Reviews

You'll have a great time, given you're in the perfect environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC21 June 2018
The company was able to work around my schedule well, I was constantly pressured into working more hours/guilted into staying when I attempted to quit. The perks are awful, stemming from a "reward" system that does not account for the expensive clothing at all. Advancement is poor as well; consistent intense work and high hours (even in stores without assistant managers) will not lead to any sort of promotions, nor do associates receive pay raises, even after years of work (from my experience of other staff). While my manager was phenomenal and saved the entire job for me, I have heard horror stories from other locations. While some coworkers became close friends of mine, others made me fearful of going into work (these problem relations were never addressed). Upper management, while meaning well, was questionable at best.
However, most clothing is beautiful (even if obviously tailored to older audiences) and it is easy to become very attached to it. Even with the stereotypical awful customer here and there, the experiences with the great ones are memorable even to this day. Get ready for a very up-and-down job.
Pros
Very flexible scheduling
Cons
Management (!!!), prices/perks.
Productive, fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 April 2018
Staff is absolutely amazing always a joy to be working! fairly busy customers are awesome. always something to do including getting new stock and putting it away
Varied job with great people
Visual Merchandiser/Retail Assosiate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2015
I loved working at Fashion Addition in down-town Vancouver. The girls I worked alongside were very supportive and created a great work environment. The visual merchandising side of my role let me be very creative and use my skills. I love fashion and being creative so this role was perfect for me.
Very enjoyable
Fashion Specialist/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Surrey BC30 September 2014
Customers are keys to success, and hard work really pays off. Beautiful fashions and wonderful atmospheres.
A joke of a company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 April 2014
This company has poor management and cares little for the staff who work their butts off day in and day out. You'll never get a raise and you'll never advance, there's no room for it. If you ever have an issue with how things are run (ie: management pitting co-worker against co-worker) your hours will be cut and you'll be forced to quit. The condescension rolling off the company's supervisor will make you sick.
Really you're little more than a glorified telemarketer as they want you calling the same handful of customers on a daily basis. And don't bother suggesting anything that would improve how things are run, they don't want to hear it.
Was an nice place to work.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 September 2012
Enjoyed working there, was a happy bunch of co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was having to call people at home to lure them into the store.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the people that came in and helping them choose their new wardrobe. (loved doing that).
Pros
nice merchandise and a good discount.
Cons
had to do telephone soliciting