Farnell Packaging

Farnell Packaging Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
I had no problems with farnell packaging other than the fact I couldn’t handle the heat in the plant because I get sick when I get to hot. Pay was good, you even get shift premium when you work nights.
Pros
Everything other than the heat
Cons
The plant gets very hot during summer days
The management is open-minded. They listen to everyones opinion. Although it's a fast-pacing environment, you can ensure the safety of everybody. Everybody is very supportive especially to the newly hired people.
Old family business that want to do everything a certain way. Not open to new ideas or concepts. People there will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. Not the best place to work but if you click with the in crowd all is good.
Pros
Good pay for the area
Cons
I loved this job and I was great at it. However some of the staff and some of the management were challenging to work with . If you can come in , do your job and go home paying no mind to any one else... This would be perfect for you . The rate of pay is good but there is very little room for advancement in this company.
Pros
Shifts go by fast when there is work
Cons
management
A typical day at work, prepare myself to receive and match receipts to PO's. Interacting with customer service and scheduling to make sure all is here to produce orders.
rewards great work, learned a lot but more to learn, environment can get hot, work day varies depending on the orders, fast paced environment
Pros
reward great work
Cons
shift work
ive learned how to keep a clean and controlled workplace and i also learned better communication skills with my co workers my co workers were very easy to get along with the hours were long but it gave me better experience in the industry
Pros
experience
Cons
Words can not express the patience and understanding the owners have towards their employees. They know every individual by name and make a point to come for a visit to say hi to everyone. When it comes to fantastic communication with every employee this place has hit a grand slam. Thank you for providing me with that stepping stone I needed to become who I am today. :)
Pros
Respectful and understanding of employees
Cons
Tough sleep patterns
good job, quality people and training provided. 12h shift work day and nights
Pros
work 14 days a month
Cons
working days and nights, weekends and holidays
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Farnell Packaging?
12 hour shifts , learning some thing new every day. Working on multi million dollar machines while managing 5 other employees.as well as communicating between other departments .
Fun at work every day , I love this place good people in production,Nice clean environment and everybody pull together
Pros
clean enviroment