Farmers Edge

Farmers Edge Employee Reviews

Underpaid and under appreciated. The only appreciation you will get is from customers and coworkers. Upper management has no respect or appreciation for the countless unpaid overtime hours. It's impossible to get a raise, and they want employees to do more with less. Definitely can't be a money motivated type of worker here, but it can be a rewarding job if you put the work in to keep your customers happy. Best part of the job is the ability to provide completely unbiased recommendations to clients.
Pros
flexibility to work from home, company truck, decent benefits package
Cons
alot of unpaid overtime, upper management, unreliable tools
I can't speak for other departments, but mine was unbearable. If I was to summarize my major complaints, it would be a lack of clear communication throughout the departments we worked with, lack of clearly defined goals and targets (although they were making attempts at trying to resolve this), lack of a workflow within our department, lots of time wasted in pointless meetings, poor wages, being continually lied to, disconnect between employee and management, tools provided by the company such as computers not working properly, no training, and sadly so much more. Hands down the most unprofessional and stressful work environment I've ever been at. Save your sanity and do your research. You will find their turnover rates high and there is always a reason for that. It is truly unfortunate because this company has potential, but suffers from too many hands in the pot and everyone wanting their own way. I don't have time for a place like this and grateful I no longer work here. Worked so hard for the years I was here and recieved a laughable raise. My raise was higher working fast food more than 30 years ago than it was here. This is how they show their appreciation for senior employees.
Pros
Work from home, Good Benefits
Cons
Miscommunication, Clicky Environment, No Training, Raises are Laughable
What always amazed me was the number of people that I knew that they have zero skill and expertise in their field but they got the job offer and actually lasted longer than the more professional and skilled employees!
Great work environment, incredibly supportful management, open communication, great work-life balance. Everyone from the CEO down is approachable. Lots of possibility for advancement.
If you are thinking about taking a job with Farmers Edge don’t do it! Everything starts off rosy and you get a company vehicle. That new shine quickly wears off. You are given barely any training and expected to know everything. You are given a budget so far out of reach but expected to hit it, most people do not come close unless you have offers for free. They do promise a lucrative bonus if you do hit your budget but will find a way to not pay it. You can’t trust the management as far as you could throw them. The people in charge surround themselves with friends who become untouchable so when they treat you poorly you can’t even report them to someone. If you do, either nothing happens or you get fired. You see a lot of long term employees leaving because they have had enough. The product you are trying to sell never seems to work as advertised and instead of fixing it they try to launch a new tool (that doesn’t work either) to make you forget about the old ones that don’t work. It is definitely a smoke a mirrors job where all looks good on the outside but nothing is actually as it seems. Marketing makes it look like they have lots of customers but happy ones are few and far between, they try to keep them by giving free services so basically none of them have a bill to pay. And don’t even get me started on the admin people who try to send bills, it’s a disaster. Basically most customers don’t pay a bill and the ones who do get a bill it isn’t correct. This company is bleeding money like crazy and is a ticking time bomb before their investors just pull the plug. So as I - more...
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Everything else
All Around great company to work for. Farmers Edge offered competitive salary with a great benefits package and has An unique forward thinking approach to agricultural solutions.
This company is lost on what it wants to be, VR, Data, insurance? The only part of this company that functions or has any real value in my opinion is the agronomy work. The tech is terrible. “We’re working on it” are the only words the development team know how to use. The CEO brutal, along with most of his buddies. You will work way to many hours with no OT. I can’t see this company being around for much longer. They bleed and spend money like it’s going out of style. Meanwhile the wages suck and good luck getting a raise.
Working on the FarmCommand UI Web team Pros: - Great team. Very helpful group and fun to work with. - Great Management. The UI Manager always has your back, and is a pleasure to work with. - Uses Latest Technology. You'll always be up to date with the latest and greatest technologies in the web dev world. - In office - Table Tennis, Foosball, snacks, unlimited coffee. Cons: - Lowish Salary. The salary is lower than other places in Canada. But Lethbridge isn't a very expensive place to live. - Office location. It's in the middle of the industrial area, so you need to drive to get anywhere.
Management is terrible and very mean from the top to the middle management. Lots of fear and disrespect within the company. The CEO and his friends need to go. They can't manage companies
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Farmers Edge?
pretty boring work just collecting samples. enjoy learning GIS programs and traveling across the province. had a pretty nice company truck and a gas card
Low pay, no job security, and poor management. For gaining experience, Farmers Edge is not that bad; however, if you are seeking a secure job and better respect just forget it!
Be ready to deal with the very bottom of the Canadian community at Farmers Edge. They have no ethics and if they dare to challenge me on that, they can prove me wrong with the employees they already got. The company looks shiny from outside but it's actually rotting from inside
Pros
Flexible time off season
Cons
Work ethics, salary, management
They got no moral. Wasn’t impressed with their management. Remember that a bad boss is worse than a bad job. I do not recommend anyone to join this company
Pros
Cons won’t let you see anything good
Cons
Low morals, low salaries, bad management, work environment
This company has rapidly expanded over the past couple of years, and there have no doubt been growing pains as part of that expansion. However this has created a lot of opportunity for advancement in the company, so hard working capable people do tend to get opportunities. I can't speak to the data/analytics positions, but I can speak to the customer facing side of things. Their starting wages might be a touch on the low side, but are offset by additional benefits of flexibility in work schedules outside of the busy season and access to company vehicles for personal use. The large majority of people are capable at their jobs, and dedicated to providing the best product possible to the customer. There is always something new being worked on so it stays interesting. It is an Agriculture company, so long hour are expected around spring time, but that is normal in the industry.
interview process was quick. They were quick to hire me and I was quick enough to quit. Pay was too low, even with post-secondary education. Management for this company was very unprofessional and scolds you if you make a mistake as a new hire. Training was not properly executed and was expected to be on everyone's level very quickly and lacked patience. Showed lack of encouragement and was told by management to speed it up constantly. Did they want me to be fast and mess up my work? or be as quick as I can and produce quality work. I advise management to practice ethics. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance your time and do 8 things at once with getting in trouble by management. Very repetitive work and felt like a robot working there. Easiest part of the job was leaving work. The most unprofessional company I've ever worked for and would advise others to find another job. Not worth the wage and job duties that go along with it.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
poor management, low pay
This place has horrible insincere management with the policy of making fear on employees arrogantly. No employee is valued and is viewed as just another cog in the tractor to bring in more money for the greedy eyes which see only money not ability and humanity. Pressure, stress and fear is transferred from upper managers to middle managers and finally to the employees as a sick loop chain. If you want to work in a friendly atmosphere with humble management system and enjoy your life with your work condition, I do not suggest to select this company.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Egocentric Management
Decent place to work. I used to work in the laboratory side of things. The work was enjoyable, and used skills from University however the pay was not very good. It does not pay very well for the skills required.
Pros: Nice easy specialty work Clean work environment Friendly coworkers Schedule is well planned. Benefits with pension matching. Some OT is available during busier seasons. Cons: Compensation was very low for education required. Little opportunity for advancement.
It is a really good place to start your job life. The salary is lower than other places. The time hour is flexible. Usually, programmers work from home!
Pros
flexible hour - Good place - Good people
Cons
Salary is low
The dream they have for agriculture is a good one and the right one. Unfortunately the deliverables are a bit slow in coming and some customers are frustrated. The company has been growing very fast and I do feel they get ahead of themselves from time to time. As a sales person you are expected to preform well and they give you lots of tools and training to get the job done, some regions are just not ready.
Long days some times but overall the work life balance was very good. Very fast paced with a lot of changes going on within the company to accomidate moving the company forward. Good over all place to work.
Pros
Freedom to work in a open environment.
Cons
Not a lot of direction.
  1. Employee reviews