Farm Boy Employee Reviews

Fun and safe working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 July 2018
A good place to get your first job. Great employees. Easy to follow along and easy to get into. Does not require much skill to manage. Management is not too good.
Worst Company ever to work for. there's absolutely no reconized for you work. Full lies and promisses. Take full advantage of good workers .
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
I worked for this company is not company you wanna work .This company is great if you like slavery and treated like garbage. Work for free everyone full-time if you wanna work for free go ahead it's the company for you. They don't pay overtime .
Cons
Its for high school kids
Supervisor, Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON30 June 2018
Farm Boy has a negative atmosphere, theres no way to get promoted especially if you're a POC and they have no real benefit from being there. The managers expect too much from their employees and they have too many micro bosses (managers, assistants, supervisors, and specialist) they all give you different instructions and its hard to decide to listen to.
Pros
job security
Cons
too much to list
this is a high volume store with lots of challenges during the day
Produce Manager / Store Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON25 June 2018
I work morning starting at 7 am till 4:30 , I am also paided by salary. I work Thursday night and Sundays as a MOD in charge of store operations. I have 21 employees in my department.
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 June 2018
Overall working at Farm Boy was a pleasure. However, the poor management made it difficult to enjoy the job for long. Management treats staff quite poorly.
It was a fun place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 May 2018
I loved working here. Only left because I moved and there was no Farm Boy where I moved to transfer to. Was a good environment and would go back in a heartbeat if one opened where I am now.
Not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 May 2018
I found that they had a slightly too high expectation for the pay they were offering, I was always stressed at work. Also, they did not train me properly which was unfair given their high expectations. The department manager was amazing and was very kind and forgiving of mistakes
It was a lot of busy and physically demanding work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
It was my first job. The manager of my department was very nice and wanted me to learn qualities that will continue to help me moving forward. This place taught me what hard work is and that it pays off
fast paced with lots of good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
Lots of work with a very positive and welcoming atmosphere, many chances to interact and engage with customers and help people have an enjoyable experience.
Meh, not for me... Or you.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa3 May 2018
The management is attrocious! They treat you like a machine. They will oftentimes put the costumer's experience ahead of the employee's well-being.
I worked there for a few years and watched the company go downwards a lot! It's a very stressful environment, managers are too busy gossiping and laughing together to help out their teams. They hardly ever own up to their mistakes. A lack of budgeting for schedules leads to poor coverage and tiresome shifts. I personally felt like walking out of there on the regular, that's how badly I was being treated.
Frequent visits from specialists (higher ups) make days more stressful. Most of them give you dirty looks and treat you like peasants.
People bend over backwards for promotions that are then given to someone unworthy of the position.
So to summarize, if people in management positions took the time to look around, help their team out and say hi to them, it wouldn't be so bad.
Pros
Nice view from the break room.
Cons
Long hours, lack of respect, poor cooperation
Poor respect for employees but your co-workers are great
Butcher Assistant / Store Cleaner (Former Employee) –  3035 St Joseph Blvd, Orléans, ON K1C 7C230 April 2018
I had worked for a long time for Farm Boy. The people who work there are great and I truly enjoyed my time working there in the meat department. But when they moved me to maintenance, I was no longer treated with respect. I was on my hands and knees washer the floor of the General Manager office. As well the machine I used to clean the floor every morning did not work properly and needed new tires. I had made him aware and he shrugged it of and told me to deal with it with led me to have a back injury. All in all I did enjoy the experience working for them, and I must say I learnt a lot
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Produce Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2018
Provided superior customer service and supported Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.

Welcomed, greeted and offered customer assistance as required.

Packaged, stocked and rotated display counters ensuring that product was of high quality and finessed with correct signage.

Kept the work, storage and store areas clean and safe at all times by performing general “housekeeping” as required, including sweeping, mopping and dusting.

Performed designated opening and closing procedures and offered assistance to other team members as requested.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2018
good management
very good with the type of hours you are looking for and very understanding (depending on the manager you have)
good work flow,great staff
Terrible
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2018
Farm boy without a doubt was the worse retail job I ever had.
Store managers last about 4-6 months (London) there because of the upper managements militant ways. Specialists are just puppets for the directors.
If you want to be treated poorly and made to feel you did a bad job all the time then apply if not my advise is to look elsewhere.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Everything else
great place to work for students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 April 2018
farm boy was very flexible with their schedules. They were very understanding when it comes to exam seasons for students. Everyone there are very friendly and makes the environment really fun around.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short hours
great people terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON4 April 2018
Made great lifelong friends here, but had a terrible time dealing with management and store managers. store managers were relentless in micro managing and were constantly rude or unfair to their employees.
Pros
free samples
Cons
management, customers, store management.
Worst place ive ever worked
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 March 2018
Terrible management very unorganized, hard to contact, they will ignore you for requests. Supervisors are quite rude. The only good thing about the whole place is the employees that works there other than that worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Bad hours rude management terrible pay.
good work place for students
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2018
gave me a good work ethic as a student in high school for other placement in my future. Tooke many skills learned here and applied it to my everyday life.
Pros
nice environment, flexible hours
Cons
very fast pace
good environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 March 2018
good environment to work in, staff are treated well and most management are like family. Been working here for almost 4 years now and I continue to come back. Good work hours- very flexible and enable those with more than one job to still get sufficient hours.
Great Place to Work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 March 2018
Fantastic Company overall! offered a lot of room for growth and opportunities to work with an exceptional team of individuals that all made the experience a fantastic one.