Farm Boy

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Very busy. Not enough staff..

Very busy..If management was different it might be a different atmosphere. There is a revolving door in regards to staff.with pandemic going on alot of staff has left and no staff to replace them.

Pros

Full time employee receives benefits

Cons

Long hours..alot of work..no staff..doing work of 2 people

Trash place to work. Absolute Circus

Run by clowns Management is a joke Favoritism to terrible workers No respect or appreciation for hard workers No love for years of commitment yuk yuks

Pros

Cons

Too many to list. Watch out for expired food! DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!

Even for minimum wage, this is pretty bad

Yeah it's minimum wage, and the shifts can be a pain especially when shorthanded. But never did I come away from a place feeling so disrespected. Some management are micromanagers and bullies that ultimately made it unbearable to work thereI think it helps to know people in other departments because it's one of the things that helps build trust, which can withstand tense moments when they happen. But the daily culture there does not give you that opportunity, and in turn there was no trust built when it mattered the mostFarm Boys are very polished looking stores, and the food looks great (I've only had the bananas). But the people who give that to you are driven into a brick wall to make sure that's the caseSo before applying just honestly ask yourself how much are you willing to put up with? Balance that with how much you're being paid to do so. And if you like the answer, go for it. Otherwise it would make you ill. Walking away from here honestly did a lot of good for my health

Pros

10% off after a little while

Cons

No comradre with other departments. Micromanaging culture and management

Good benefits

It is a good place to work to gain some experience. Management can be stressful and a repetitive job. On the other side, you get free coffee and store discount.Also, the health insurance is very good.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Stressful and repetitive

Great workplace

Farm Boy has been such a rewarding and enjoyable job for me! These past few years I have grown not only as a person but as an employee. I have always been given the opportunity for advancement, and have had the chance to work with some incredible people. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Great coworkers, good opportunities for advancement

Cons

Unpredictable hours

Miserable-micromanagers

The only good part about this job was the people I trained and the team I had built. Blossom was once the best store to work in until 2020 this pandemic and the new management made this place horrible. Super creepy store manager, rude and unprofessional service manger. Awful. Do not ever work here if you values your mental health.

Pros

Certain managers and the rest of the regular staff.

Cons

Overworked and under paid.

Typical customer service job

Nothing special or outstanding, just a typical cashier job at a grocery store. Some supervisors mean to employees/customers for no reason. On the other hand some supervisors were amazing.

Decent place but extremely stressful

Things were very disorganized, extremely stressful. Workload was too much for a minimum wage paying job (might have just been my department). Coworkers were nice.

Pros

Good tasting food

Cons

Disorganized

Over Worked

When I started it was enjoyable place to work however that quickly changed when I learned that not everybody is treated fairly in this company. It seem like the less work you did the more money you made the higher up you moved. They love to say that they have a great work / personal life balance they don't! If you are unable to do something or work a certain shift for them you get treated differently sometimes absolutely horrible. I would not recommend working here to anyone who wants to have a personal life outside of work!

Pros

10% discount card

Cons

Store mgr is a bully

Long and repetition

Do not recommend that you work here if you value your family.I have worked there for over a year without having a weekend off unless you beg and book it off. They do not value work life balance at all. Get ready for total body burn out. They don't value the employees that go above and beyond. And will write you up if you go into overtime.

Pros

10% off. Friendly co workers

Stressful

Would not recommend please do yourself the favour and find something better its not worth it there not organized at all. There favouritism and rude customer

Pros

10 percentage discount (not worth it )

Cons

horrenduous place to work at

horrible place that never trains staff properly. horrible Indian biased assistant manager who gets annoyed if you ask questions and then tells you to restart training

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

horrible managers

Worst place to work

Worst place to work even you are assistant manager you should do work as an employee and the best part is there are no employees under you so better do everything by yourself. Headoffice visits you must bow to whtever they say. Basically just a startup company who cant afford employees.

Stressfull

You never do a good job even if you are told you do. Different managers expect different things, you are not trained and basically left to fend for yourself while being harrassed by those above you.

Needs work on making management feel appreciated

If you want a job where you keep pushing yourself so hard you burn out, work as a department manager st Farm BoyThey have assistant managers paid by the hour but department managers salaried so they now have to pick up more of the department issuesThey don’t know how to hire properly Favouritism is an enormous issueStore managers are a joke

Pros

People you work with

Cons

Inconsistencies in upper management

Great place to work, support from the top down. Come in, try your best, and you will be rewarded. Don’t get me wrong you can’t mess around, but integrity is valued in this company.

Pros

Positive atmosphere

Cons

Hours of work

Too many demands and hard work for such little pay

Be prepared to agree with everything they say…. Even if it makes no sense ….. they need to realize that they are only a grocery store and calm down……

Pros

Not even

Productive and fun ! a-lot of face to face communication with customers

Cooking on the flat top in an open area serving customers shopping around, it's a lot of fun cooking and prep with a-lot of face to face communication with customers

Pros

The food around you

Cons

Far from where I lived at the time

Nice employees and managers however terrible training

It’s only my first week on the job and I already want to quit. The employees and managers are nice but they don’t train you for shiii. My “training” was literally a 2 minute tour around the store. I thought the other people doing reviews were being extra when they said there is barely any training but they weren’t lying. They literally throw you in an area within the chef department pretty much alone and say have fun. They look at you expecting that you should already know exactly how to make all the foods yet they are very picky on how you should make everything. As a new employee you would expect that they would assign you tasks or tell you what is meant to be made during each point in the day but they literally just expect you to know magically what your meant to be doing even though they provide no info. Most of the employees and management are really nice but if they actually trained workers probably then maybe so many employees wouldn’t leave every month

Pros

Nice employees, occasional free food, decent hours

Cons

Literally no training, pay is not good for the amount of work done, very stressful

Very poor leadership.

The managers are not well trained, communication is poor. The managers have favourite people that get away with anything. The cleanliness of the cooking areas is poor. The general lack of standards for cleaning over all is bad. I wouldn’t eat here after seeing behind the scenes. The managers expect you to do extra hours. The schedules are changed last minute.

Pros

Pay check.

Cons

Long hours, no appreciation

Poor work environment, highly unorganized, bad upper management

The company is expanding way too fast with not enough resources, I got a job as one of the the assistant manager meanwhile I had no one to manage I had to do everything myself because we were short staff, and they weren’t going to hired anymore people either most of the time I had to skip my lunch because everything had to be done and if it wasn’t done they would get mad and chew your ear off about it I even suggested and other employees numerous times to hire more people and they would just say no , and if they do hired they don’t hired probably that concluding hiring proper upper management people. Have to say very disappointed.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Boy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9