Farm Boy Employee Reviews

It was a fun place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 May 2018
I loved working here. Only left because I moved and there was no Farm Boy where I moved to transfer to. Was a good environment and would go back in a heartbeat if one opened where I am now.
Not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 May 2018
I found that they had a slightly too high expectation for the pay they were offering, I was always stressed at work. Also, they did not train me properly which was unfair given their high expectations. The department manager was amazing and was very kind and forgiving of mistakes
It was a lot of busy and physically demanding work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
It was my first job. The manager of my department was very nice and wanted me to learn qualities that will continue to help me moving forward. This place taught me what hard work is and that it pays off
fast paced with lots of good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
Lots of work with a very positive and welcoming atmosphere, many chances to interact and engage with customers and help people have an enjoyable experience.
Meh, not for me... Or you.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa3 May 2018
The management is attrocious! They treat you like a machine. They will oftentimes put the costumer's experience ahead of the employee's well-being.
I worked there for a few years and watched the company go downwards a lot! It's a very stressful environment, managers are too busy gossiping and laughing together to help out their teams. They hardly ever own up to their mistakes. A lack of budgeting for schedules leads to poor coverage and tiresome shifts. I personally felt like walking out of there on the regular, that's how badly I was being treated.
Frequent visits from specialists (higher ups) make days more stressful. Most of them give you dirty looks and treat you like peasants.
People bend over backwards for promotions that are then given to someone unworthy of the position.
So to summarize, if people in management positions took the time to look around, help their team out and say hi to them, it wouldn't be so bad.
Pros
Nice view from the break room.
Cons
Long hours, lack of respect, poor cooperation
Poor respect for employees but your co-workers are great
Butcher Assistant / Store Cleaner (Former Employee) –  3035 St Joseph Blvd, Orléans, ON K1C 7C230 April 2018
I had worked for a long time for Farm Boy. The people who work there are great and I truly enjoyed my time working there in the meat department. But when they moved me to maintenance, I was no longer treated with respect. I was on my hands and knees washer the floor of the General Manager office. As well the machine I used to clean the floor every morning did not work properly and needed new tires. I had made him aware and he shrugged it of and told me to deal with it with led me to have a back injury. All in all I did enjoy the experience working for them, and I must say I learnt a lot
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Produce Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2018
Provided superior customer service and supported Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.

Welcomed, greeted and offered customer assistance as required.

Packaged, stocked and rotated display counters ensuring that product was of high quality and finessed with correct signage.

Kept the work, storage and store areas clean and safe at all times by performing general “housekeeping” as required, including sweeping, mopping and dusting.

Performed designated opening and closing procedures and offered assistance to other team members as requested.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2018
good management
very good with the type of hours you are looking for and very understanding (depending on the manager you have)
good work flow,great staff
Terrible
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2018
Farm boy without a doubt was the worse retail job I ever had.
Store managers last about 4-6 months (London) there because of the upper managements militant ways. Specialists are just puppets for the directors.
If you want to be treated poorly and made to feel you did a bad job all the time then apply if not my advise is to look elsewhere.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Everything else
great place to work for students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 April 2018
farm boy was very flexible with their schedules. They were very understanding when it comes to exam seasons for students. Everyone there are very friendly and makes the environment really fun around.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short hours
great people terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON4 April 2018
Made great lifelong friends here, but had a terrible time dealing with management and store managers. store managers were relentless in micro managing and were constantly rude or unfair to their employees.
Pros
free samples
Cons
management, customers, store management.
Worst place ive ever worked
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 March 2018
Terrible management very unorganized, hard to contact, they will ignore you for requests. Supervisors are quite rude. The only good thing about the whole place is the employees that works there other than that worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Bad hours rude management terrible pay.
good work place for students
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2018
gave me a good work ethic as a student in high school for other placement in my future. Tooke many skills learned here and applied it to my everyday life.
Pros
nice environment, flexible hours
Cons
very fast pace
good environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 March 2018
good environment to work in, staff are treated well and most management are like family. Been working here for almost 4 years now and I continue to come back. Good work hours- very flexible and enable those with more than one job to still get sufficient hours.
Great Place to Work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 March 2018
Fantastic Company overall! offered a lot of room for growth and opportunities to work with an exceptional team of individuals that all made the experience a fantastic one.
great for university students
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 February 2018
very flexible with hours for students
great staff, who provide caring service and as a result have very loyal customers
the hardest part about being on cash was standing for your entire shift, or answering the phone while checking out items or counting cash.
Pros
15% discount on groceries
super
Produce team member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 February 2018
belle experience de travail de groupe avec une esprit collective formidable.
good student job
CHEESE DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2018
i wouldn't find this work area as a carrier but more of a student or part time job. I really liked everyone i worked with and the envirmorment was friedly.
Coworkers were amazing, management was absolutely horrible.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 February 2018
I was constantly battling with management to work my schedule around my school schedule as I had a very busy semester that required most of my time. Despite telling my manager this on several occasions, I was constantly working from the time I finished school to 10 at night, leaving me no time to do homework or study. The only thing that kept me there for just over a year was the more than pleasant coworkers that I can call friends to this day.
Pros
Coworkers are nice
Cons
Long hours, horrible management, poor pay, poor discount
Management Issues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2018
During my employment with Farm Boy, management issues plagued any good part of it. Schedules were frequently a mess, time off was almost impossible to receive.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, full-time impossible to attain barring 10 year employment