Farm Boy

Farm Boy Employee Reviews

Canada338 reviews
grocery clerk
Was a cashier, thought it was a great work environment, one difficult part was needing to remember their own specific produce codes, as they're different than the produce stickers
terrible management
I was hired as pt custodian went enjoyed working with the staff ,can be quite stressful at times, the manager liked my work ethic and changed my position to full time,until I applied for a transfer to another location, went well at first they even gave me two raises ,then one day I go in.to work and I was told I wasn't a good fit and let me go.
If there is good management then awesome
As long as there is a good lead everything is fine , but for the 7 months I was there , there was next to none under 2 mangers , workers were awesome always had each others back , good benifits
Good place to work.
I worked as a pizza stir fry cook.

I have cooking school training so I found it easy.

I enjoyed the job but it was only part time minimum wage so I left for a better paying job.
The management would tell you a very detailed during interview and they will make you fill welcome. Butwhen you finish your first 3 months on the job they will move you from store to store. And life and work balance is impossible at all. And the specialist manager they will tell you they can replace you any time for much cheaper. They dont value the workers at all
Good management communication
Management was always very communicative about what was going on and expectations. Had good work conditions and coworkers. Employees were recognized for their accomplishments.
Pros
Free lunches for employee of the week.
Cons
Constant rotating schedule
Blood sucking company
-The top management underestimate the department managers, too much involvement of Director at store level-store managers are young guys who lack full knowledge and experience- too much involvement of upper management. Rules and regulations keep changing, they have process in place- but unrealistic and get altered all times according to middle managers-no good raise for mangt. it’s already fixed, so no point of proving ur worth.- feels like I’m stuck due to bad situation in the market.
facemask
talked to a gentleman working there. They are told facemasks are not allowed during Covid 19.
This company is criminal don't work there.

I came in to get food and expecting their people, who are working, to display efforts in containing this virus. It appears Farmboy doesn't care about their employees.
bad managment
I really got any shifts and the managers suck. I get like 1 to 4 shifts a week when I'm full time and they get cut most of the time. I've learned nothing. Nothing was enjoyable.
Supportive management and fast-paced environment
The management is super supportive, helpful and understanding. The work environment itself can be fast-paced as it is a grocery store, but the customers are almost always very nice and understanding. Outstanding training program when you get hired. The hardest part is remembering all of the produce codes as they are unique to the company and not the universal codes.
The Farm Boy Way
As a current employee, I would never recommend working for Farm Boy. Managers change frequently, rules and policies change frequently. The store manager and department managers make it very clear that you are disposable. There is no room for advancement and growth with this employer, as they hire others outside of the business before giving a fair opportunity to employees that are more than qualified for the position. The emotional abuse that employees take on a daily basis by management, it is very apparent the all of the managers are on a power trip and have no care for the feelings of the employees under their direction. Working for this employer has made me feel unsafe and the HR Representative has done nothing to assist with employee requests and concerns. Female employees are harassed and stalked by male customers and management always has the attitude that if they didn't see it, it didn't happen. It is absolutely disgusting and degrading to know that management does not care about the physical or emotional well-being of their employees. Additionally, never expect to finish at the time stated on your schedule, this employer does not care about labor laws or your personal life and continues to force employees to work past their shift and well after the store closes by locking the doors and not allowing employees to leave until they are good and ready. As well as, breaks are often not given to employees because the customer comes first, even if it means cutting corners and breaking labor agreements. And this is just "The Farm Boy Way."
Fast paced work place
Its a fast paced workplace especially in the morning and it's more busy during weekends,you have to set up the counters for the specific amount of time before customers come in. You learn how to work fast and the same time you have to give good customer service.
Decent job especially for the service industry
A good employer relative to other grocery stores. Good employees are promoted to supervisory and management positions willingly, they are happy to promote from within which is admirable.
Fast paced
Friendly environment, managers are very helpful and understanding. I learned better collaboration because of how important it is when working with co-workers to get a job done more efficiently.
Stay away!
People come & go all the time including many temps & full-time workers (I suggest you quit before they fire you, cause they eventually will even if your the hardest worker they got).
Nothing good to say about this place!

Not worth the pay or benifits. Poor management & hours.

They throw benifits in your face to hide everything that's wrong with this place. Benifits aren't worth it & dont injure yourself at work cause you wont get WSIB. They will force you to work elsewhere in the facility causing you to work & not heal or go home to heal but get no pay. To many workers currently in light duty due to work injury so they can avoid WSIB.

If you apply here stay away from the Chef positions. Your under paid & treated very poorly.
Productive and fun workplace
I enjoyed my time at farm boy. It was an environment with individuals of all ages, which made it even more exciting. It is a good place to start working during high school.
Productive and Fun
I had lots of fun it was a great way to start. At first it was hard because of the smell. You do get use to it after in a while. It was a great experience.
good environment to work
It is a very good environemnt to work with. Everyday you get to work with hard working people of different cultures.The teamwork is really good as welllas the management.
Poor corporate culture and poor employee experience
Company is young and needs to improve their employee experience to attract and retain quality people. Quality food and strong customer service values. Staff were friendly.
Upper Management Disgraceful
Store Manager and upper management absolutely horrible. No compassion, pathetic leadership, lack of expectation alignment...... High frustration levels in all departments due to lack of communication and lack of directives. Favouritism and “boys club” feel made for a horrid work atmosphere.
Loved it
Loved my time here they promote hard work and initiative. Gives you room to grow in your department and others if you show interest in moving through the ranks