Fantasyland Hotel

Fantasyland Hotel Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
All good
All good, no need to add.
cons here want to add things that you answer already!

check the answer to the questions before, and if someone no wants to write more, don't push!!!

Pros
Very good atmosphere, good group
Cons
Holidays need to work.
The hardest part of the job
I love working at the fantasyland hotel. I have made alot of friends and i love it better then my last job. The manager is such a nice and caring guy. Only thing is their needs to be more rule following because some of the staff dont follow the rules and its supposed to be english only and the people who speak another language seem to have a hard time following this policy
Its okay working on fantasyland hotel
Nice working at fantasyland hote..they are all great...co workers supervisors management...i have nothing say...because i had a really good days working on..
I am glad I worked at this place.
It has been a great opportunity for me to work here. Always have an open mind and never stop exploring to learn new things. Have fun at what you do. Love
Great experience
enjoyed my time working at this organization would recommend to anyone seeking a great opportunity, wonderful staff and atmosphere . Great employer all around.
Coworkers make this a fun workplace.
I enjoyed meeting new people and assisting them with information regarding our city and attractions, mall information, hotel information, etc.
I have been able to care for many high end automobiles in valet. It has been very fun to drive Tesla's, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc.
Best job I've ever had.
Everyone is so valued and appreciated the work load isnt massive it's managed so well everything just flows very very well. Management was amazing. Tons of staff perks. Highly advise applying. Only reason why I'm leaving this job is because I'm moving to Toronto otherwise I'd actually work there forever.
Horrible
Management doesn't care about employees what-so-ever. Half of the employees call in sick because they cannot stomach coming to work. Rules will be strictly enforced on one employee but no one else gets reprimanded when they make an infraction. Morale is zero.
good place to work but wasn't able to get full time to enjoy the benefits.
working at the hotel developed my ability to do fastfaced work. its nice working with my coworkers cause we did our work as a team. been working for a year as part time and sometimes i'm given more hours of work.Wish we part timers can be given some benefits especially like me who has only this job.
Pros
have 30 minute meal break and short breaks, give passes to amusement parks every month, give discount in hotel accommodation
Cons
no healthcare benefits for part timers
Awesome company to work for
I had the time of my life at fantasyland hotel between the awesome staff and the different guest you get to meet. Had great opportunities to move up in the company. Only thing was I was always on the clock even when I was at home. But only because I was management and I took my work very seriously.
fast-paced environment friendly atmosphere
Working at Fantasy Land was a good experience in terms of learning to provide quality customer service. They had a good training system to instruct employees on how to effectively deal with unsatisfied and difficult customers. The hours were long and rather inconvenient for me being that I was a full time student. Due to the fact that they were not able to allow me to work the specific times in the week that I needed, I was unable to keep working for them. The job is rather fast paced because you are constantly on call to book rooms for customers who phone in as well as customers who book rooms online. At the same time there are many side duties such as processing online credit card authorizations, filing revenue reports and updating the hotels room availability status through their "555" software system.
Pros
Free passes to West Edmonton Mall's attraction sites
Cons
Long hours, inconvenient hours for a full time student
Amazing atmosphere
Working at Fantasyland Hotel is a positive experience. Management respects their people and there is a great camaraderie among the staff. The work/life balance is great and the best part of the job is no two days are ever the same.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Parking can be difficult during peak shopping times
Fun work place but upper management problems
Pros
-good work environment

-good support from assistant FOMs

-free meal (night staff)

-super discounted meal (day/evening staff)

-discount room rates

-employee appreciation passes every other paycheck

Cons

-little to no support from upper management

-poor choice in hiring staff

-almost impossible to get a promotion
Hours
Unfortunately they are not able to give the full time hours now that I originally had for the first couple of years. Also they do not give any salary increases.
Unbelievable discrimination
Management favours people of their race or culture. Only certain people receive help when they need it others are left to struggle and fail. Supervisors set people up to fail and either quit or get fired because they don't like the person. Bullies are not dealt with they are left to continue bullying others. This place starts out really good and once they figure out what kind of person you are then it becomes almost unbearable.
Pros
Attraction passes for West Edmonton Mall
Cons
Discrimination, no guarantee on hours, managemant takes advantage of people
Easy going
The work wasn't hard. It is very easy going. Management makes sure everything runs smoothly and that guests are satisfied. It is definitely a job where you are part of the team and communication is key.
Working is fun
It is very accomplishing when everyone at work is having fun working, eating lunch and group gathering after work. we are of different races but everyone loves each other.
Pros
100 % benefits
Cons
short hours
Fantasyland hotel
I worked for Fantasyland hotel at first the job was good then a year ago they dropped or hours to 5.5 a day and if we were lucky to work 3 or 4 days we were laughing
Cons
no hours
comfatable place with good co workers and bosses
I really enjoyed my 4 years there. I've learned a lot in hospitality and customer service. I've also learned a lot about the food industry and how it really works. I've attended new events like meetings, parties, and weddings every week. It was great to be a part of everything there.
Pros
free food, good gratuity, flexible hours
Cons
non steady work
production and experience
our hotel is one of the famous hotel in Edmonton. I am enjoying my work with this firm. our coworkers are supporting each other.
Fun place to work with tonnes of positive energy
Days can vary on how busy it gets. But you are never short of people willing to step up and help out. Management is very approachable and easy to talk to.