Fantasyland Hotel Employee Reviews

Unbelievable discrimination
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2018
Management favours people of their race or culture. Only certain people receive help when they need it others are left to struggle and fail. Supervisors set people up to fail and either quit or get fired because they don't like the person. Bullies are not dealt with they are left to continue bullying others. This place starts out really good and once they figure out what kind of person you are then it becomes almost unbearable.
Pros
Attraction passes for West Edmonton Mall
Cons
Discrimination, no guarantee on hours, managemant takes advantage of people
Working is fun
Housekeeping(Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2018
It is very accomplishing when everyone at work is having fun working, eating lunch and group gathering after work. we are of different races but everyone loves each other.
Pros
100 % benefits
Cons
short hours
Fantasyland hotel
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
I worked for Fantasyland hotel at first the job was good then a year ago they dropped or hours to 5.5 a day and if we were lucky to work 3 or 4 days we were laughing
Cons
no hours
comfatable place with good co workers and bosses
Porter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
I really enjoyed my 4 years there. I've learned a lot in hospitality and customer service. I've also learned a lot about the food industry and how it really works. I've attended new events like meetings, parties, and weddings every week. It was great to be a part of everything there.
Pros
free food, good gratuity, flexible hours
Cons
non steady work
production and experience
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2016
our hotel is one of the famous hotel in Edmonton. I am enjoying my work with this firm. our coworkers are supporting each other.
Fun place to work with tonnes of positive energy
Guest Service Agent / Concierge (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2016
Days can vary on how busy it gets. But you are never short of people willing to step up and help out. Management is very approachable and easy to talk to.
Fantasyland
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2016
Great Hotel environment and loved to work there with great staff and management. I would welcome the opportunity to go back.
A productive and competitive workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 December 2015
Job starts usually at 8:30am. There is a 30 minute meeting & training session, where we discuss about the previous day's work, and plan the present day's work. Work starts after that, and I work with one of my co-workers, cleaning the rooms. The management is very fluid, and the co-workers are co-operative and friendly. The hardest part of the job is finishing the job withing given timeframe. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work in a good, safe and comfortable environment.
great place to work with great mentors
ASSISTANT FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  edmonton1 October 2015
A great place to start a career. Great guests and considerate management team. Great transition for new renovations.
great opportunity for advancement within company
A typical day at work
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2015
My day consisted of answering guest phone calls, questions, concerns, complaints. Overall seeing that our guest were satisfied. Being in the call center we are the first contact they have and also may be the last so it was very important to deliver great customer service.
great team to work with
Hotel Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2015
I've been working with fantasyland hotel for almost a year now. Its such a great company to work with. I can honestly say that its my favorite job/company to work with. I work with such great people and my co-workers are such AWESOME!!! it's like we are one big happy family.

hardest part???? If any, weekend offs are hard to come by. then again, that's expected when working in a 24 hour operated company. However, my supervisors/managers always try their best to give you the preferred time you would like to work.

more power to fantasyland hotel. thank you for the opportunity. :)
Pros
Convenient as the hotel is inside the mall.
Cons
Weekend off's are hard to come by
Tbd
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2014
I enjoy how busy I am and the fact that I get to analyze/create various reports (excel files) etc.
having the knowledge and then some. It is very rewarding learning so many things and applies into it.

I don’t think I’d enjoy my job as much if I didn’t get to dig into interesting problems that others don’t really know how to solve.

My favorite part of my job is the ability to work independently (trust from my superior/boss)

My organizational skill is one of my greatest strengths. I restructured the office filing system & electronically to make it easier to access contracts and information quickly and efficiently. This experience will enhance my performance in this position because I'm able to keep things organized and neat, which means I get more tasks completed in a shorter amount of time.
My ability to work with many different people. I enjoy learning from everyone I meet, and in this position I believe that will enhance my ability to perform on the team.

My greatest strength is my ability to focus on my work. I'm not easily distracted, and this means that my performance is very high, even in a busy office like this one.

I sometimes overdo getting my work done ahead of time. However, I am excellent at meeting deadlines, and with my attention to detail, I know my work is correct.

Sometimes, I spend more time than necessary on a task, or have volunteered to take on tasks personally that could easily be handled by someone else in the office.
Fun
Chief Steward (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2013
Supervisor job is always changeling
More new ideas
Good
Good
Three outlets handling
Guest Feedback

Pros
Free Meal
Cons
As per bushiness demand
Excellent
operational support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2013
Make sure that the hotel is kept clean. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management alike.
Productive & Fun work place
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Banquets Department18 February 2013
Good place to work as it is attached with the mall. Multicultural staff. Good exposure.
Pros
free passes received every month for the mall
Cons
there is a time to go but no time to come out
Very busy with kids
Maid service, detailed and cleaned rooms (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2012
My job was to take care of the out of school care kids and it was a very busy job. You had to set up activities and play with them and keep them in order and it was ok. I worked alone which i didnt mind. My manager would sometimes come check up on me and that was fine. The funnest prat was having good times with the kids. The hardest part is when they got out of hand,
Pros
short shifts
Cons
loud