Fanshawe Student Union

Fanshawe Student Union Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews

Great Place to work

Loved working here, the creative director and editor were very supportive and gave me room to learn new skills. I always felt like a valuable part of the team.

Fun and exciting place to work

Great place to work! Fun and exciting experience. Great team atmosphere. The best experience is working with the students both as FSU employees and non-employees.

Pros

Great hours

Cons

Busy

Insights into Fanshawe Student Union

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Great place to start, and a fun place to work

The job was a great experience to get my foot back in the door for the workplace. It is a bunch of work to begin with, but the managers are friendly, and it is very respectful for work-personal life balance. Supervisors always have your back (aka backing you up against argumentative customers)I started out being a dishwasher, and management began testing out what I could also do. I became a server, bartender, host, and Supervisor of Security, which definitely helped my resume looked great.You meet amazing people as you work and you learned a skill or two, personally and professionally.All I can say is...Thank you for taking a chance on me.

Pros

Amazing Co-Workers, Friendly Management, Flexible schedule, Experience amazing events.

Cons

Other than a long drive, nothing much

workplace culture

It is fun involved with other student volunteers in the events and providing help and other aids to the people attending the same. opens up lot of opportunities to meet new people

Productive and very Fun

It is a ve4ry fun place to work at. People are very collaborative, cooperative and very understanding. We have lots of fun activities that engage the employees

Awesome to work for

I was a photographer covering Concerts and Events, The Student union was amazing to work for. They let you pick the events you cover and allow time for editing.

Very amazing place to work at, they are very flexible if you are in school.

This job was an amazing stepping stone in my career and I learned so much from it. The environment was very comfortable and the stuff were very kind to me.

Flexible Hours

Fanshawe Student Union works around your class schedule. Most staff are required to work either Saturday or Sunday 10am to 8pm, but you can book off days if needed to

Welcoming and flexable

I really enjoyed this job. I got to know many great people and have many unique experiences. Made my college experience alot better! One of the best jobs I've ever worked

Pros

Meeting famous people

Cons

Max of 13 hours a week

Great Place To Work

As a full-time student, the FSU is highly flexible in terms of accommodating my schedule and are very supportive of my academic goals. The work culture is casual yet supportive and full of great people.

Pros

Great work environment

Good for entry level

Lots of freedom but truly never enough hours along with very strict times as to when things can be done thus limiting the functionality of students and workers, you will be asked to go outside of your comfort and knowledge zone to achieve student union goals even if its say a weakness or lack of interest even if advised your held responsible for lack of marketing events on your end Management isn't completely honest and i think they give butchered employee reviews as i had a nearly perfect review but nothing but negative feedback and comments about work ethic great position if you have no work experience or trying to build confidence but not a position or employer you could rely on, keep in mind there are many people that manage FSU and each one is different mine was just extremely lacking. if your looking for a fulfilling lasting job that provides hours then this is not the job for you, you'd be better off doing custodial work instead.

Pros

15% off Student union eateries ( oasis, outback shack, booster juice) getting to know students, enhancing self portrayal

Cons

next to no hours, limited times as to when you can work (Mondays 11am-1pm, and throughout the week 4pm-6pm and only possibly 3 times a week if that, lacking management, lack of direction sometimes, high unfair expectations

+ Negotiate student fees with the business manager and the registrar + Responsible for overseeing the coordinator’s work schedules, initiatives, and a

Excellent Organization, excellent staff, very committed to their goals and their membership. I would recommend this organization to anyone seeking a position.

Oh goodness you are going to force me for each one of this.

Please stop doing this. I just want a part time. Why are you making me do this. Its not a company, its my college. I studied there. I worked as a volunteer.

Fun and laid back

Sold tickets to on campus events, bus tickets, pop and monitored the pool hall next door. Laid back environment where you could spend free time on homework or assignments or chatting with friends.

Relaxing Work Environment

A typical day at work would be going to the security office before 9AM and grabbing the keys for the games room, then I would open up the games room followed by the biz booth side of things. Then, I would wait until students or faculty wanted to by tickets or play in the games room.

Pros

Can do college assignments while working

Cons

Not Much to do

great place to work while in college

A typical day included talking with students about upcoming events putting up postings for upcoming events for the students to view and the Management is great

Pros

friendly

Cons

short hours

High reward, technical job that focused around I.T.

Working for the Fanshawe Student Union was one of the best places I had the privilege to work at. Both my co-workers and my management were wonderful to work with. I learned to put what I learned into action. All around if the opportunity arrives to work for them again, I would.

volunteer work,helping with college events

helping set up wit the events or selling tickets for the event promoting college events around campus got to meet various students for different courses socialize with them understand the Canadian culture enjoy the the events set up helping wind up convincing students to attend college events

Pros

good experience

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fanshawe Student Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement