Fanshawe College
Happiness score is 85 out of 100

Fanshawe College Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work, learn and grow

Love working at Fanshawe, however we are overworked most terms and it seems with each passing year more and more gets put on our plates. Great team and management!

Pros

Fleixable work

Cons

Very heavy work load

Ok but can be annoying

It's not bad but the pay is poor and at times can get very busy. It also depends on the department you are in. Some are hard others are good. I heard RSR have lazy bosses who are not organized

Pros

Can study while work and managers are supportive

Cons

The pay is low and it can be deppresing dealing with mentally unstable students

Collaborative work environment

Teaching Milady theory and practical concepts to students in classroom and in college salon. A typical day is 9-5pm and is spent with approximately 20 students each day.

Pros

Positive attitudes

On-line Instructor for Project Management Courses

I was solicited by Fanshawe College, so little personal inter action required. They are professional, courteous and easy to work with.They would contact me about one month before each semester to see if I would teach an on-line Project Management Course the next semester. I did that for a few years. Then I decided I wanted to give back in another way.

Pros

I could work from home.

Great place to work - Quality time and life balance

It's a great workplace. Offers more than just experience. Learn a lot with co-workers and advance your career overall. I recommend to anyone who is intending to apply for a position there.

Pros

Salary and benefits - Great Hours

Cons

Lack of training for some occupations and short contracts

i learn how to work in a team.

Under the supervision of the Dean of Science, Trades and Technology and varied leadership team and faculty designates, the incumbent will assist with project management of varied education and industry partnership initiatives, including events, discussions, and planning of Skilled Trades in Ontario, Innovation Village projects at the program-level, and initiative focused on sustainability in the college and municipality. Technical work related to the incumbent’s field of study, including surveying, site planning, reporting and program assistance, technical support and project work will also be within the duties of the role, where fully explained and supported by the supervising delegate.

It was fun working there

I was a co-op student at Fanshawe for four months and it was the best job experience I have had to date. There are many great people that you get to interact with on a daily basis. It is a very relaxed work environment that i am sure if you get full time there will be great benefits. It was great working there.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Boring at times

Exceptional opportunity to offer future students great opportunities for emaployment

Working with current and future students was one of the most satisfying experiences as an employee. Helping students develop a sense of direction, pathway and purpose was a fulfilling and exciting role.

Pros

Great colleagal relationships

Cons

Juggling time constraints

Great place to work.

Fanshawe College has an amazing faculty and is a great place to work. Educating students is very rewarding and hands down the best part of this job. Fanshawe teachers are pationate about what they do and this makes Fanshawe a top tier college in SW Ontario.

Very fun place to work

It was an extremely wonderful environment to work, my best job till date. I learnt a lot about management and the work culture is awesome. It was a relaxed job and I had the opportunity to meet and work with many people

Place where communication and leadership skills are used and developed

Communicative and friendly environment to work and develop skills to work individually and as a team. Healthy and safe surrounding that keeps you motivated and encouraged to work efficiently each day.

working as a peer tutor provides me satisfaction on fostering my knowledge and communication and problem solving skills.

A good working system. working as a peer tutor provides me satisfaction in fostering my knowledge and communication and problem-solving skills. Fanshawe takes good care of employees on providing working facilities and systems and also in payrolls.

Good Community Spirit

Working in the Registrar's Office was a pleasure. Being a student at Fanshawe College, I was a contract work-study student. The staff that are employed are readily available to help each other with their success.

Pros

Inclusiveness - being made to feel like you belong

Cons

Parking - there are several parking lots on-site, but some are on the other side of the school, plus you pay for your parking

Fun

Aplace in which you won't be bored, you have to attend international students, and help them with their inquiries. Never going to regret working for the international office.

productive and fun workplace

It is the best work experience I have had so far,and would like to continue working here if possible.Working at college is super beneficial especially since I am a student at Fanshawe.

House keeper

Was an over all good job.The house keeping job is great for student's working for a summer contract. The job is easy. The staff are flexible.Good tightly ran shifts. Met all deadlines.I believe it is an overall clean place I have worked. I would recommend working there in the future if given another opportunity!

Awesome school, post secondary should be free.

Fanshawe college is an awesome school, overall the faculty has many competent members. A few seem to be on auto pilot but there are outnumbered by the other staff on campus. This being said post secondary should be free. My student loans are ridiculous and continue to severely affect my quality of living.

productive and fun place to work

It's very difficult to get a teaching position at Fanshawe, I tried for more than 5 years. And now I just work on contract a few weekends each year so my review is not cumulative.

Collaborative

It is a great place to work. Very well organized in every manner. They have covered every detail needed by a professor. The people working there are very polite and helpful.

Tiring and resistant

A very conservative school hich lacks staff diversity. I found the school resistant to change and offering more of university rather than polythechnic education when I taught there.

Working at Fanshawe is very enjoyable

It’s a good experience working at Fanshawe College. They have a friendly environment, they give you a chance to explore creativeness and conduct collaboration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fanshawe College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3