Fanshawe College Employee Reviews

A great boss, great environment, great job
Theatre and Website Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2018
It was a job I loved doing. I got my own space to work work on photos from other plays, and I got to set up the venue for what would be the London Fringe Festival that year in which I got to see plays for free, and to top it all off, I got an incredible boss who I became friends with and we both worked very hard together.
Pros
I got to work within the program I went to college for.
Cons
Some of the work was a little tedious but I wouldn't call it a con.
Nice people
Instructor/Course Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 July 2018
Took a bit to get on track with the internal workings. Very large organization. I worked from a distance (did not have an office on campus) so it was difficult to feel close to the department.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Lack of leadership
Its a good job both inside and outside
Event staffing (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2018
its a job of organizing things of players and maintain the ground, equipments. its the good job for those who study there so that both study hpurs and work hours are maintained.
Educational
Part-time Assistant in the Test Centre (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 June 2018
Really learned that i enjoy helping people, Felt like I made a difference to help people succeed, like during finals when the students are already nervous and stressed, to make the experience more manageable.
Productive and fun environment to work
Graphic Designer & Data Management (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2018
I learned how to manage co-workers more in-depth and really got to put my skills to work. It was a positive work place with great co-workers. Definitely a rewarding job.
Placement through Fanshawe College
Placement at Eagle Heights Elementary School (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2018
Helped you find a placement so it wasn't stressful for the students. The placement was helpful in deciding what to go to school for after I was done this program
Super fun job and great people
Intern / Summer Student - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON28 April 2018
Loved working here. The people that I worked with on a daily bases were great. Always willing to help you grow and watch you suceed! Would recommend to anyone that loves working in education!
A rewarding experience witnessing a student successfully achieve their academic goals.
Educational Assistant (EA) (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 March 2018
A typical day at work involves providing educational assistance (note taking, tutoring, and coaching services) to special needs students enrolled in Fanshawe's Environmental Technology, Applied Health Sciences, Nursing, and General Arts and Science Programs. My areas of specialization were mathematics and the physical sciences (chemistry and physics). I learned that every student is unique, and many students learn course material at different rates. Time management is key especially during midterm and final exams season since many students are stressed out during this time, and it was my job to minimize their stress by effectively tutor and coach them as part of the preparation process for the given midterm.
The hardest part of the job is breaking down concepts and theories into simpler ones that students can process in order to successfully solve a given problem.
The most enjoyable part of my job was witnessing students successfully achieve their academic goals.
Pros
Great Compensation
Cons
Long Hours
Good.
Scorekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 March 2018
Good hours, was only once a week as a student job but I enjoined it, good management and always paid on time! Job security every season too. Would go back in a heart beat
Fun Work environment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 February 2018
great management and fun atmosphere, I really don't have that many bad things to say about working there, its a pretty good job but not the best paying but other than that good!
Great college
Peer Tutor (accounting) (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 February 2018
Equally treated;
Nice studying environment
mentorship
learning culture
sufficient amount of homework to do
practice experience
motivation
result-oriented.
Productive and fun
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2018
Fanshawe provides the best working environment with lots of benefits. It is an amazing workplace to work for. The management hierarchy is organised and it is easy to seek help from the peers and seniors.
More hosting and serving experience
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 January 2018
It was a banquet serving experience. I learned more about the team effort it takes to perform smoothly. It was a long day and we had to stand for long hours and serve and clean after the event. Overall, it was a very good experience.
Good experience and start carrer
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 December 2017
I could do both studying and teaching. As a student, it would be nice job in school because it's flexible job, and would make new friends from diversity countries.
Pros
flexible
High Energy Workplace
Marketing and Communications Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 November 2017
I enjoyed the atmosphere in the department I worked for. Co-operation between departments was not always good. Management didn't always take employees into consideration when making decisions
na
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2017
The college is under pressure to hire sessional teachers to minimize costs. I was hired the day before classes started. I was given the course syllabus after classes had started.
Good but could be great
IT Department (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 November 2017
Could be a great place to work if a small handful of managers didn't bring the culture and morale down.

Pay and benefits are good. Team atmosphere is on point. Employees are very good to each other.
Informative and great opportunity for beginners
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  London2 November 2017
Fun place to work with. Good for beginners. Great when wish to balance study and a part-time job. Fair salary. Good employers, easily reachable people with user-friendly people.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Nothing as such
I love
photographer for the Interrobang (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 October 2017
people are ok i had fun working there but the sallary was not that good i had to work part time and they did not give me full time job any way the job was ok
Pros
free drink
Cons
part time
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 October 2017
Very progressive.. the day goes by very quickly.. the management is very supportive...the culture is very positive and people are very helpful and are will to share there knowledge
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long days