Fanshawe College

Fanshawe College Employee Reviews

Canada206 reviews
Great place to work.
Fanshawe College has an amazing faculty and is a great place to work. Educating students is very rewarding and hands down the best part of this job. Fanshawe teachers are pationate about what they do and this makes Fanshawe a top tier college in SW Ontario.
Very fun place to work
It was an extremely wonderful environment to work, my best job till date.
I learnt a lot about management and the work culture is awesome.

It was a relaxed job and I had the opportunity to meet and work with many people
Place where communication and leadership skills are used and developed
Communicative and friendly environment to work and develop skills to work individually and as a team.
Healthy and safe surrounding that keeps you motivated and encouraged to work efficiently each day.
working as a peer tutor provides me satisfaction on fostering my knowledge and communication and problem solving skills.
A good working system.
working as a peer tutor provides me satisfaction in fostering my knowledge and communication and problem-solving skills.

Fanshawe takes good care of employees on providing working facilities and systems and also in payrolls.
Good Community Spirit
Working in the Registrar's Office was a pleasure.
Being a student at Fanshawe College, I was a contract work-study student.

The staff that are employed are readily available to help each other with their success.
Pros
Inclusiveness - being made to feel like you belong
Cons
Parking - there are several parking lots on-site, but some are on the other side of the school, plus you pay for your parking
Fun
Aplace in which you won't be bored, you have to attend international students, and help them with their inquiries. Never going to regret working for the international office.
productive and fun workplace
It is the best work experience I have had so far,and would like to continue working here if possible.Working at college is super beneficial especially since I am a student at Fanshawe.
House keeper
Was an over all good job.The house keeping job is great for student's working for a summer contract. The job is easy. The staff are flexible.Good tightly ran shifts. Met all deadlines.I believe it is an overall clean place I have worked. I would recommend working there in the future if given another opportunity!
Awesome school, post secondary should be free.
Fanshawe college is an awesome school, overall the faculty has many competent members. A few seem to be on auto pilot but there are outnumbered by the other staff on campus. This being said post secondary should be free. My student loans are ridiculous and continue to severely affect my quality of living.
productive and fun place to work
It's very difficult to get a teaching position at Fanshawe, I tried for more than 5 years. And now I just work on contract a few weekends each year so my review is not cumulative.
Collaborative
It is a great place to work. Very well organized in every manner. They have covered every detail needed by a professor. The people working there are very polite and helpful.
Tiring and resistant
A very conservative school hich lacks staff diversity. I found the school resistant to change and offering more of university rather than polythechnic education when I taught there.
Working at Fanshawe is very enjoyable
It’s a good experience working at Fanshawe College. They have a friendly environment, they give you a chance to explore creativeness and conduct collaboration
Great School!
Fanshawe is a great school with so many awesome profs and students. I really enjoyed teaching there and would love to return to teaching there next academic year!
Great part time experience
Helping people learn has been pretty significant indulgent in my life life. This work as a peer tutor helped me be in my comfort zone and earn as well. I loved hearing queries of students and answering them, re-learning things made me more competent on the subject matter. This part time experience at college is great for any student.
Great Place to Learn
Created a great learning environment to refine my skills and knowledge. Did not help me in obtaining a job but did give me a solid base to find a job.
Great learning experience
I was a student at Fanshawe. I never worked there, but had great teachers and really enjoyed my three year program. Set me up for my career as a Child and Youth Counsellor
Great group of colleagues
It's really all for one and one for all in how people help and support each other. There is a real focus on sharing knowledge and experiences for you to optimize what you can deliver to the students for their benefit. It's about everyone enjoying their journey for their own benefit.
College
Best college for technology and skills . Very good staff and professors.Labs equipment are up to date. All new equipment designed to fulfill industrial requirements.
Good company to work for
Great organization, lots of support, and the staff and students are both wonderful. Working in an educational environment is refreshingly different than the corporate world.
Relaxed, easy going environment
The only downfall to working here is it is unionized for the support staff. Which means unless you have seniority and are full time permanent, it's nearly impossible to obtain a full time permanent position. That said, there are tons of temporary full time placements, but they offer no benefits, perks or vacation days (vacation pay on each cheque instead).