Fanshawe College

Fanshawe College Employee Reviews

It's a great workplace. Offers more than just experience. Learn a lot with co-workers and advance your career overall. I recommend to anyone who is intending to apply for a position there.
Pros
Salary and benefits - Great Hours
Cons
Lack of training for some occupations and short contracts
Under the supervision of the Dean of Science, Trades and Technology and varied leadership team and faculty designates, the incumbent will assist with project management of varied education and industry partnership initiatives, including events, discussions, and planning of Skilled Trades in Ontario, Innovation Village projects at the program-level, and initiative focused on sustainability in the college and municipality. Technical work related to the incumbent’s field of study, including surveying, site planning, reporting and program assistance, technical support and project work will also be within the duties of the role, where fully explained and supported by the supervising delegate.
I was a co-op student at Fanshawe for four months and it was the best job experience I have had to date. There are many great people that you get to interact with on a daily basis. It is a very relaxed work environment that i am sure if you get full time there will be great benefits. It was great working there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Boring at times
Working with current and future students was one of the most satisfying experiences as an employee. Helping students develop a sense of direction, pathway and purpose was a fulfilling and exciting role.
Pros
Great colleagal relationships
Cons
Juggling time constraints
Fanshawe College has an amazing faculty and is a great place to work. Educating students is very rewarding and hands down the best part of this job. Fanshawe teachers are pationate about what they do and this makes Fanshawe a top tier college in SW Ontario.
It was an extremely wonderful environment to work, my best job till date. I learnt a lot about management and the work culture is awesome. It was a relaxed job and I had the opportunity to meet and work with many people
Communicative and friendly environment to work and develop skills to work individually and as a team. Healthy and safe surrounding that keeps you motivated and encouraged to work efficiently each day.
A good working system. working as a peer tutor provides me satisfaction in fostering my knowledge and communication and problem-solving skills. Fanshawe takes good care of employees on providing working facilities and systems and also in payrolls.
Working in the Registrar's Office was a pleasure. Being a student at Fanshawe College, I was a contract work-study student. The staff that are employed are readily available to help each other with their success.
Pros
Inclusiveness - being made to feel like you belong
Cons
Parking - there are several parking lots on-site, but some are on the other side of the school, plus you pay for your parking
Aplace in which you won't be bored, you have to attend international students, and help them with their inquiries. Never going to regret working for the international office.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fanshawe College?
It is the best work experience I have had so far,and would like to continue working here if possible.Working at college is super beneficial especially since I am a student at Fanshawe.
Was an over all good job.The house keeping job is great for student's working for a summer contract. The job is easy. The staff are flexible.Good tightly ran shifts. Met all deadlines.I believe it is an overall clean place I have worked. I would recommend working there in the future if given another opportunity!
Fanshawe college is an awesome school, overall the faculty has many competent members. A few seem to be on auto pilot but there are outnumbered by the other staff on campus. This being said post secondary should be free. My student loans are ridiculous and continue to severely affect my quality of living.
It's very difficult to get a teaching position at Fanshawe, I tried for more than 5 years. And now I just work on contract a few weekends each year so my review is not cumulative.
It is a great place to work. Very well organized in every manner. They have covered every detail needed by a professor. The people working there are very polite and helpful.
A very conservative school hich lacks staff diversity. I found the school resistant to change and offering more of university rather than polythechnic education when I taught there.
It’s a good experience working at Fanshawe College. They have a friendly environment, they give you a chance to explore creativeness and conduct collaboration
Fanshawe is a great school with so many awesome profs and students. I really enjoyed teaching there and would love to return to teaching there next academic year!
Helping people learn has been pretty significant indulgent in my life life. This work as a peer tutor helped me be in my comfort zone and earn as well. I loved hearing queries of students and answering them, re-learning things made me more competent on the subject matter. This part time experience at college is great for any student.
Created a great learning environment to refine my skills and knowledge. Did not help me in obtaining a job but did give me a solid base to find a job.
I was a student at Fanshawe. I never worked there, but had great teachers and really enjoyed my three year program. Set me up for my career as a Child and Youth Counsellor
  1. Employee reviews