Fanshawe College Employee Reviews

Stay Away from Alumni
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 March 2019
Unfortunately, the manager of the Alumni Department gets away with too much. The manager is basically unsupervised and manipulates the director above them to get their way. It is known that management takes advantage of those who work for them especially if the employee is not protected by the union.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work environment and culture
interesting school
Custodian (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 March 2019
gives you good oppurtunity for careers. fanshawe is a school for students not a workplace
they give you coruses to upgrade you skills. make new freinds
I liked fanshawe
Student (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON20 February 2019
Good school but they need more programs. I didn't work here,so I honestly can say much. I have just done schooling here, but overall a good small campus to go to.
Wonderful culture
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2019
working for fanshawe was a really great experience! they have so many amazing people to work with and have such a deep seated history and love of the london and surrounding community.
Fanshawe College
School Event Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 January 2019
It is not a company, whereas a prestige public founded college in London Ontario. This school has lots of students from all over the parts of the world.
Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 January 2019
I was able to decide my own schedule. And set up with the student the expectations I had of him/ her.
It required me to depend on students who were sometimes unreliable.
Great Coworkers, poor management and organization in workplace
Kitchen Staff Keyholder (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 January 2019
I miss the job some days, however I feel like it is most likely just because of the work family you have when you are a part of the team there! The management was always a mess and lacked professionalism.
Pros
Meal plans with a vast variety of options
Cons
Chaos within management, can lose your position to someone with seniority despite their lack of skills
Fansahwe College taught me a lot about the industry!
Student (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 November 2018
I really learned a great deal from Fanshawe about the TV/film industry in their Broadcasting-Television and Advanced Filmmaking programs respectively. The workplace culture was supportive; in fact, I felt truly in my element. The hardest part of the job was the work itself, but then, who said film and TV were easy professions? I enjoyed the creative aspects and support I got there from my peers.
Not a job
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 November 2018
My role in this was gaining experience in the field of Social Service while at the same time helping the community through my organizational skills while on the classroom
Flexible with a lot of autonomy
Educational Aide (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2018
Being an Educational Aide, I do note taking and both in class assistance and some out of class assistance including tutoring and academic strategies to students with various accommodations and disabilities in the general arts programs primarily. The work is very interesting as I am able to sit in in a large variety of classes in many programs and came to appreciate the wide range Fanshawe has to offer.
Pros
Flexible schedule as you can state when you are available and what subjects you are able to cover.
Cons
The hours vary, and the work is only about 16 weeks a year, The pay isn't enough to live off, The work is rather isolating, as well as you don't have an office or coworkers
A great school to go to
student of Music Industry Arts, I played (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 November 2018
A great school to go to for applied trades. It gave me the opportunity to explore my interests in media and music, through the use of group projects, classes, seminars, and guest lectures as well as assignments, tests, quizzes, and exams.
Very Good
Professor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 October 2018
A great educational institution
Departmental expansion is required to accommodate more students and employ more Professors.
It will be great if millionnaires in the community will donate more fund.
Pros
Very good
Cons
Encourage expansion in departments
Fanshawe
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 August 2018
The company I worked for was a contract in fanshawe that cleaned the school there were some good time and some bad times at the job but they were always respectful
Benefits
Cons
Pay was not good
Awesome place to develop your skills
Interrobang Writer (Canada) (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2018
The college truly connects you with people from the industry and also helps you advance in your professional development. The challenges increase continuously and you feel satisfied with the feedback. My boss was awesome. She helped me find my words as a writer and also help me find confidence in my work as well. The college has this vibe to it, that allows people to try their best adn rewards you for it.
Excellent
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2018
Always focused on growth and Education.

Very challeneing... the kind of environment you wished to return to every day... work hard ...produce great work.. and enjoy life...
Pros
Students who love to work
Cons
facility upgrade
outstanding enviroment
Student (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 July 2018
From minute one the environment fostered learning and encouraged success.The support system for students was top notch. When I finished my ACE program I was able to enter an Apprenticeship for Parts Technician.
Pros
great enviroment
Cool place to work
Print Service Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2018
Interesting and friendly working environment. Very precious experience in communication, time maintenance, and organization of the workflow. Very good team.
A great boss, great environment, great job
Theatre and Website Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2018
It was a job I loved doing. I got my own space to work work on photos from other plays, and I got to set up the venue for what would be the London Fringe Festival that year in which I got to see plays for free, and to top it all off, I got an incredible boss who I became friends with and we both worked very hard together.
Pros
I got to work within the program I went to college for.
Cons
Some of the work was a little tedious but I wouldn't call it a con.
Nice people
Instructor/Course Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 July 2018
Took a bit to get on track with the internal workings. Very large organization. I worked from a distance (did not have an office on campus) so it was difficult to feel close to the department.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Lack of leadership
Its a good job both inside and outside
Event staffing (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2018
its a job of organizing things of players and maintain the ground, equipments. its the good job for those who study there so that both study hpurs and work hours are maintained.