Fanshawe College Employee Reviews

A rewarding experience witnessing a student successfully achieve their academic goals.
Educational Assistant (EA) (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 March 2018
A typical day at work involves providing educational assistance (note taking, tutoring, and coaching services) to special needs students enrolled in Fanshawe's Environmental Technology, Applied Health Sciences, Nursing, and General Arts and Science Programs. My areas of specialization were mathematics and the physical sciences (chemistry and physics). I learned that every student is unique, and many students learn course material at different rates. Time management is key especially during midterm and final exams season since many students are stressed out during this time, and it was my job to minimize their stress by effectively tutor and coach them as part of the preparation process for the given midterm.
The hardest part of the job is breaking down concepts and theories into simpler ones that students can process in order to successfully solve a given problem.
The most enjoyable part of my job was witnessing students successfully achieve their academic goals.
Pros
Great Compensation
Cons
Long Hours
Flexible with a lot of autonomy
Educational Aide (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2018
Being an Educational Aide, I do note taking and both in class assistance and some out of class assistance including tutoring and academic strategies to students with various accommodations and disabilities in the general arts programs primarily. The work is very interesting as I am able to sit in in a large variety of classes in many programs and came to appreciate the wide range Fanshawe has to offer.
Pros
Flexible schedule as you can state when you are available and what subjects you are able to cover.
Cons
The hours vary, and the work is only about 16 weeks a year, The pay isn't enough to live off, The work is rather isolating, as well as you don't have an office or coworkers
Excellent
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2018
Always focused on growth and Education.

Very challeneing... the kind of environment you wished to return to every day... work hard ...produce great work.. and enjoy life...
Pros
Students who love to work
Cons
facility upgrade
Fanshawe
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 August 2018
The company I worked for was a contract in fanshawe that cleaned the school there were some good time and some bad times at the job but they were always respectful
Benefits
Cons
Pay was not good
Good.
Scorekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 March 2018
Good hours, was only once a week as a student job but I enjoined it, good management and always paid on time! Job security every season too. Would go back in a heart beat
Awesome place to develop your skills
Interrobang Writer (Canada) (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2018
The college truly connects you with people from the industry and also helps you advance in your professional development. The challenges increase continuously and you feel satisfied with the feedback. My boss was awesome. She helped me find my words as a writer and also help me find confidence in my work as well. The college has this vibe to it, that allows people to try their best adn rewards you for it.
A great boss, great environment, great job
Theatre and Website Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2018
It was a job I loved doing. I got my own space to work work on photos from other plays, and I got to set up the venue for what would be the London Fringe Festival that year in which I got to see plays for free, and to top it all off, I got an incredible boss who I became friends with and we both worked very hard together.
Pros
I got to work within the program I went to college for.
Cons
Some of the work was a little tedious but I wouldn't call it a con.
A great school to go to
student of Music Industry Arts, I played (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 November 2018
A great school to go to for applied trades. It gave me the opportunity to explore my interests in media and music, through the use of group projects, classes, seminars, and guest lectures as well as assignments, tests, quizzes, and exams.
Very Good
Professor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 October 2018
A great educational institution
Departmental expansion is required to accommodate more students and employ more Professors.
It will be great if millionnaires in the community will donate more fund.
Pros
Very good
Cons
Encourage expansion in departments
Productive and fun
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2018
Fanshawe provides the best working environment with lots of benefits. It is an amazing workplace to work for. The management hierarchy is organised and it is easy to seek help from the peers and seniors.
Not a job
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 November 2018
My role in this was gaining experience in the field of Social Service while at the same time helping the community through my organizational skills while on the classroom
Fun workplace
Hospitality Porter (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 March 2017
A typical day would be putting orders away, making sure all the employees have their stock, all garbage is collected up at each unit, picking up catering and delivering, cleaning deep fryers and back of the kitchen.
The management here are hard workers they are always there when you need them. They have a lot of respect for their employees .
The workplace culture is great get to work with friendly loving people who help out and make each day a fun day at work.
There's nothing hard about the job just one of those jobs that you always have something to do non stop all day but I enjoy that kind of thing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my team and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Working with great team
Cons
Bad benefits
outstanding enviroment
Student (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 July 2018
From minute one the environment fostered learning and encouraged success.The support system for students was top notch. When I finished my ACE program I was able to enter an Apprenticeship for Parts Technician.
Pros
great enviroment
Nice people
Instructor/Course Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 July 2018
Took a bit to get on track with the internal workings. Very large organization. I worked from a distance (did not have an office on campus) so it was difficult to feel close to the department.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Lack of leadership
Educational
Part-time Assistant in the Test Centre (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 June 2018
Really learned that i enjoy helping people, Felt like I made a difference to help people succeed, like during finals when the students are already nervous and stressed, to make the experience more manageable.
Cool place to work
Print Service Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2018
Interesting and friendly working environment. Very precious experience in communication, time maintenance, and organization of the workflow. Very good team.
Fun Work environment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 February 2018
great management and fun atmosphere, I really don't have that many bad things to say about working there, its a pretty good job but not the best paying but other than that good!
Its a good job both inside and outside
Event staffing (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2018
its a job of organizing things of players and maintain the ground, equipments. its the good job for those who study there so that both study hpurs and work hours are maintained.
Great college
Peer Tutor (accounting) (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 February 2018
Equally treated;
Nice studying environment
mentorship
learning culture
sufficient amount of homework to do
practice experience
motivation
result-oriented.
Good but could be great
IT Department (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 November 2017
Could be a great place to work if a small handful of managers didn't bring the culture and morale down.

Pay and benefits are good. Team atmosphere is on point. Employees are very good to each other.