Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria Employee Reviews

very fun job with amazing staff and management, its like being in one big happy family
chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2018
very fun to go into that job everyday, you have amazing staff who treat you like family, even after you leave the establishment. good pay with flexible hours for those going to school
Pros
epic discounts on food
Family culture for staff and guests alike
Pizzaiolo/Server/Assistant Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
We serve a young community with authentic Neapoliatan cuisine. Staff work hard to make sure all guest's needs are met, with exceptional teamwork, cultivating a family atmosphere amongst themselves. Challenges are frequent, but consistent return business has been an excellent advertisment for the company.
Pros
A vast array of regular guests
Cons
Working on all stat holidays
well maintained work place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 September 2018
always busy never left with nothing to do, friendly environment. loved learning new things along the way and i liked always having an opportunity to challenge myself with new jobs along the way
worst place to work in saskatoon!
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 September 2018
Terrible company
Awful rude management
treat there employees like garbage
The customer is never right at this establishment, in fact they couldn't be more wrong. Don't ask the owners/ manager for help because you'll be emabressed with the way they speak to customer and find yourself apologizing in there behalf.
Pros
50% off food occasionally
Cons
everything else
Family friendly, productive and great for groups
Server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 August 2018
I learned a lot of important lessons at my time working at Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria. I can genuinely say that working there most days did not feel like a job but felt like a gift. Working with people who got along better then family and connecting with customers on the daily filled my work day with joy and helped me to develop myself better as an employee. I felt pride working for a company I loved and representing it to the best of my abilities every day.
Management was corrupt unfortunately.
Cook (Pizzialo) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
There was a lot of problems with the Famoso I worked at. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me about them, I'd be happy to answer any questions or concerns.
Pros
I actually enjoyed what I did there, just not who I was doing it with.
Cons
The management treated me and some friends like garbage.
If you love Pizza and want an upbeat environment, Famoso is a go to!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Annex, ON30 July 2018
Never thought of working in the hospitality industry and landed a job at Famoso for more than 5 years.

• To be honest, love the concept, ambiance and of course the pizza and salads. Awesome staff and lively atmosphere.
• Neighboring pizzeria but with a twist – a touch of "North American style"
• Co-workers are friendly
• Pay is decent plus tips
• Management are approachable and very supportive
Pros
Learning how the Canadian Restaurant Franchise works
Cons
Before I left there was an increase in employee Turn-over rate
Amazing food and great workplace
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2018
I loved working there but they no longer needed us to go out and advertise for them so we had to stop working there. I defiantly recommend Famoso to anybody looking for a restaurant job.
Pros
Free food
Welcoming environment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 June 2018
Flexible hours and understanding management. Great place to work in if you love thin crust pizza. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Very organized system.
It'a basically another family
Chef (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 May 2018
Such loving people, everyone is kind and generous! A super fun place to work and easy to get along with people! The kitchen staff is very funny and all the servers are sweethearts!

Want to know more about Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria?

Ask a question
Fun entry level job for students
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
No room for job advancement, but it was a part-time job for most students. Good food and discounted to workers, friendly staff and amazing managers. Great co-workers, low pay, good tips. Very basic employment, nothing too complicated. pushed to work extremely fast and efficiently. great hours, a lot of fond memories at Famoso!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No chance for raise or promotion
Great food, and lovely staff
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
In my experience working at Famoso West Hills, I made some very good friends whom I cherish more than they know. Though the dinner rush can be very intense sometimes, (as most popular restaurants are like that) when the entire line is able to focus and work well together, it is a very rewarding work experience. Ultimately I would not mind working for thiscompany again in the future.
Pros
Decent staff discount while working, coworkers and management were very easy to get along with and worked well together
Cons
indoors
great work enviromnt
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2018
it was always an uplifting family vibe when coming into work.
the coworkers always worked together, management was great to get along with. the work area was put together very efficiently.
Good atmosphere.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2018
When I would come in to work, I would start by washing my hands and then begin to make the food. During the weekends it was a lot more busy so the workers would have to communicate amongst each other to work efficiently. Once it slowed down we would then clean and sanitize the work place and clean the dishes.
OK job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 April 2018
This job is a good starting out job. Helps you gain experience and skills, but it doesn't pay well and it's not busy enough so the tips aren't the greatest.
Good people to work with, management was not the greatest
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 April 2018
typical day would look like;
punch in
wash your hands
make sure line is filled up with toppings
put toppings on pizza
cook pizza
make appetizers
do dishes when are not busy
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Bad management
friendly staff bad management
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2018
Overall the management was horrible, there was a lot of favoritism which I wasn't overly pleased about.

Management didn't know how to make a proper schedule, often had to stay way later without breaks.
serving is always fun especially if you are an extroverted and positive individual
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2018
management had no idea what they were doing, thus leading to decrease in business, which the servers and kitchen took a hit for. we were also blamed for the downfall. it was quite unfair.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
management
shifts are slow
Pizzaolo (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2018
I just started but I barely get any shifts and you need to be able learn fast . Its fast paced. You want more shifts be faster. Be on your toes. Enjoy it
Pros
Fun awesome co workers
fast paced environment with friendly staff
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2017
I really enjoyed working here, I learned a lot about cooking and working in a kitchen in general. The staff was friendly overall and the managers were all very reasonable people. Training was sufficient and eventually was trained in all positions in the back of house. Hours are relatively flexible as you can trade shifts with other staff.
Pros
discount on food, friendly staff, opportunity for advancement
Cons
some late nights closing