Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria Employee Reviews

If you love Pizza and want an upbeat environment, Famoso is a go to!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Annex, ON30 July 2018
Never thought of working in the hospitality industry and landed a job at Famoso for more than 5 years.

• To be honest, love the concept, ambiance and of course the pizza and salads. Awesome staff and lively atmosphere.
• Neighboring pizzeria but with a twist – a touch of "North American style"
• Co-workers are friendly
• Pay is decent plus tips
• Management are approachable and very supportive
Pros
Learning how the Canadian Restaurant Franchise works
Cons
Before I left there was an increase in employee Turn-over rate
Amazing food and great workplace
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2018
I loved working there but they no longer needed us to go out and advertise for them so we had to stop working there. I defiantly recommend Famoso to anybody looking for a restaurant job.
Pros
Free food
Welcoming environment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 June 2018
Flexible hours and understanding management. Great place to work in if you love thin crust pizza. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Very organized system.
It'a basically another family
Chef (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 May 2018
Such loving people, everyone is kind and generous! A super fun place to work and easy to get along with people! The kitchen staff is very funny and all the servers are sweethearts!
Fun entry level job for students
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
No room for job advancement, but it was a part-time job for most students. Good food and discounted to workers, friendly staff and amazing managers. Great co-workers, low pay, good tips. Very basic employment, nothing too complicated. pushed to work extremely fast and efficiently. great hours, a lot of fond memories at Famoso!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No chance for raise or promotion
Great food, and lovely staff
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
In my experience working at Famoso West Hills, I made some very good friends whom I cherish more than they know. Though the dinner rush can be very intense sometimes, (as most popular restaurants are like that) when the entire line is able to focus and work well together, it is a very rewarding work experience. Ultimately I would not mind working for thiscompany again in the future.
Pros
Decent staff discount while working, coworkers and management were very easy to get along with and worked well together
Cons
indoors
great work enviromnt
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2018
it was always an uplifting family vibe when coming into work.
the coworkers always worked together, management was great to get along with. the work area was put together very efficiently.
Good atmosphere.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2018
When I would come in to work, I would start by washing my hands and then begin to make the food. During the weekends it was a lot more busy so the workers would have to communicate amongst each other to work efficiently. Once it slowed down we would then clean and sanitize the work place and clean the dishes.
OK job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 April 2018
This job is a good starting out job. Helps you gain experience and skills, but it doesn't pay well and it's not busy enough so the tips aren't the greatest.
Good people to work with, management was not the greatest
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 April 2018
typical day would look like;
punch in
wash your hands
make sure line is filled up with toppings
put toppings on pizza
cook pizza
make appetizers
do dishes when are not busy
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Bad management
friendly staff bad management
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2018
Overall the management was horrible, there was a lot of favoritism which I wasn't overly pleased about.

Management didn't know how to make a proper schedule, often had to stay way later without breaks.
serving is always fun especially if you are an extroverted and positive individual
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2018
management had no idea what they were doing, thus leading to decrease in business, which the servers and kitchen took a hit for. we were also blamed for the downfall. it was quite unfair.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
management
shifts are slow
Pizzaolo (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2018
I just started but I barely get any shifts and you need to be able learn fast . Its fast paced. You want more shifts be faster. Be on your toes. Enjoy it
Pros
Fun awesome co workers
fast paced environment with friendly staff
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2017
I really enjoyed working here, I learned a lot about cooking and working in a kitchen in general. The staff was friendly overall and the managers were all very reasonable people. Training was sufficient and eventually was trained in all positions in the back of house. Hours are relatively flexible as you can trade shifts with other staff.
Pros
discount on food, friendly staff, opportunity for advancement
Cons
some late nights closing
friendly and fun to work
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB27 September 2017
worked opening or closing shift, i learned lots of stuff about making pizza and sauces .Some trainings about management I like the environment of the job the management team and the stuff are friendly, everyone get along.I enjoyed the stuff meeting especially when we have a new menu of the season or month, a staff party and employee of the month
Pros
free meal for team management
Terrible managment
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
This place is awesome to work at when you have the right person as manager. When I left the manager in charge was lazy, childish and of course, favoured his brothers over the other employees.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks
fun , welcoming work place.
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2017
Always felt at home and staff is nice and the food is delicious ! Always felt like you belonged and they always make sure you have whatever you need to enjoy yourself and have an amazing lunch/dinner.
Productive busy very hands on
Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2017
Working here you have slow times, steady times and explosive times the steady times are the most enjoyable simply because if you are newer to the business it allows you some time to take it slow to make sure you're learning what you should and making things appropriately to give the customer the most enjoyable food experience, the slow times are usually re-stock and cleaning times. The explosive times are head down hands moving key communication times so everything proceeds smoothly and allows the customers the low wait time for food. I'm still learning what there is to do but so far i've learned to always double check the bills that get rung up before you make them because some may not be needed for some time whilst others may be needed immediately. The management is good they care they listen and they try to make your life easier as well as be understanding to your position. The hardest job is probably the slow times of the day or shift because your mind stalls and it becomes harder to find things to do because your mind doesnt actively want to think about what you can do at that moment. The steady times are nice because it allows just enough thinking to keep the blood flowing through your body allowing optimal results and productivity.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Hours can varify quite significantly
Fine
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 June 2017
Salary is not always on time. The bosses are hands on and they tend to the needs of their staff. Extra time after your shift is not paid. Staff in the kitchen are neat and organized.
Pros
Good Colleagues
Cons
Sometimes Salary is Late
Exciting and fun place to work
Assistant Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
The day starts off with a quality check on all the ingredients. Fresh dough is made, and prep starts for the day. Upon opening, you and your team were responsible for prep, cooking the pizzas for guests, and cleaning up your prep station. I learnt how to communicate better with others while I worked there.