Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria Employee Reviews

Good for scheduling and made good pizza, needed major upgrades
Assistant Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  13655 St Albert Trail23 July 2019
The pizza was pretty awesome, the hours were not overbearing but still enough to get by on; however the equipment was out of date and always breaking down, storage space was limited and everything was very cramped.
Great people, great food
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 July 2019
I enjoyed my time at Famoso while it lasted. I wish the work was more stable. My hours got slashed and I was sent home early a lot. Due to this, I had to find other employment.
Enjoyable work environment with friendly clientele
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB12 July 2019
I worked at Famoso of 2 years. I found the most difficult part of the job was the unpredictable flow of customers. I found the environment friendly and the staff were hard working.
Pros
IPADS for order taking
Cons
Not very busy
Good place to get your foot in the door in the restaurant industry
Pizzaiolo//Server/ (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 July 2019
Famoso is a decent entry-level restaurant for all positions, but there is a lack of support from management that I desired. While it has made me more independent as an employee, there were times I felt that management was too hands off, or elsewhere when I'd need them.
Such a beautiful restaurant, great decor.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 July 2019
The people that worked here were the nicest group of people I have ever met. They were all so kind and friendly and made everyone feel welcome.

Such a beautiful resturaunt too, absolutely in love with the decor and layout.

And the food is sooooo good!!! Everything tasted amazing... I’m going to go get some right now. This place is the best!
Pros
Good tips, great people, great food, fun work environment
Cons
Literally nothing. This place is the best.
Managers just need to be retrained.
Pizzaiolo (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2019
I just think they need new management if they haven't done so already.

Kitchen staff should only clean the kitchen/back of the house and the servers should clean Front of house. They had the kitchen clean the whole restaurant after closing.

No shows would happen a lot and they were never fired or written up.
Pros
Depends on the location but great co workers.
Cons
Long hours and no breaks
Busy workplace with supportive and helpful management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 June 2019
Working at Famoso can be hard at times since it is an extremely busy establishment. The management is extremely helpful and supportive, and when the restaurant gets too busy, they'll jump right onto the line with everyone else.
Pros
Employee discount
Easy Kitchen environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 May 2019
Famoso is a tiny kitchen, it does not require many skills. The best place where to learn everything about authentic Italian pizza. It can be stressful sometimes dealing with other coworkers. Communication sometimes does not exist. Most of times you are expected to do things you did not know about. Do not go there if you are looking to for a good wage or pay raise.
Pros
50% off your meal when
Cons
Hard work for not enough money
Decent
Pizzaiolo (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 April 2019
Short Hours and limited scheduling availability made it not always the greatest place to work. Apart from that, it is not the worst kitchen job you could get.
Cons
short hours
Famoso
Kitchen Staff - Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 April 2019
Decent place to work, very stressful and fast paced. Its a lot of work and effort for just minimum wage. The people you work with are great. Some managers are good.
Fun & fast-paced workplace
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Warerloo, ON18 March 2019
A typical day at work can be fast-paced and challenging but also very rewarding. The management is excellent in working with flexable hours and is very professional. The workplace culture is more like a community of friends more than anything. This is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great food, decent service
Night Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2019
There is absolutely no training of the front of house staff before putting them out on to the floor to make everyone else look bad, and the tips are all shared equally among the FOH staff. It's a great place to learn how to serve (as long as you're okay surviving the first two weeks of cluelessness)
Maybe just the location..
experienced Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2019
lots of experience here when i started as a closer at 16 i still had my youth. but now im 20 and have an uncle face and stress lines.
honestly the work you do and in the volume you do it , is nowhere near being worth the wage. Something i have learned about this place is that it offers almost no consistency with cut times no matter the shift. Absolute ZERO benefits. No matter how hard you work, you will not get a raise BUT, if you do it will be one dollar thats that forever. none of this raise every few months thing.
i wont Lie though there is the good day now and again but is not the place for you if you love cooking
Pros
nothing comes to mind
Cons
essentially everything
very fun job with amazing staff and management, its like being in one big happy family
chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2018
very fun to go into that job everyday, you have amazing staff who treat you like family, even after you leave the establishment. good pay with flexible hours for those going to school
Pros
epic discounts on food
Family culture for staff and guests alike
Pizzaiolo/Server/Assistant Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
We serve a young community with authentic Neapoliatan cuisine. Staff work hard to make sure all guest's needs are met, with exceptional teamwork, cultivating a family atmosphere amongst themselves. Challenges are frequent, but consistent return business has been an excellent advertisment for the company.
Pros
A vast array of regular guests
Cons
Working on all stat holidays
Good food but lack of ability
Night Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 September 2018
- very young staff (lack of knowledge)
-not the best pay
-tip pool instead of making what you earn
-the tip pool was not very fair either
-food was always fresh and delicious t
well maintained work place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 September 2018
always busy never left with nothing to do, friendly environment. loved learning new things along the way and i liked always having an opportunity to challenge myself with new jobs along the way
worst place to work in saskatoon!
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 September 2018
Terrible company
Awful rude management
treat there employees like garbage
The customer is never right at this establishment, in fact they couldn't be more wrong. Don't ask the owners/ manager for help because you'll be emabressed with the way they speak to customer and find yourself apologizing in there behalf.
Pros
50% off food occasionally
Cons
everything else
Family friendly, productive and great for groups
Server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 August 2018
I learned a lot of important lessons at my time working at Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria. I can genuinely say that working there most days did not feel like a job but felt like a gift. Working with people who got along better then family and connecting with customers on the daily filled my work day with joy and helped me to develop myself better as an employee. I felt pride working for a company I loved and representing it to the best of my abilities every day.
Management was corrupt unfortunately.
Cook (Pizzialo) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
There was a lot of problems with the Famoso I worked at. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me about them, I'd be happy to answer any questions or concerns.
Pros
I actually enjoyed what I did there, just not who I was doing it with.
Cons
The management treated me and some friends like garbage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria. Our community is ready to answer.