Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria

Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria Employee Reviews

Canada82 reviews
Good staff, friendly atmosphere, co-operative people, good team. Management is willing to accommodate employees while they go to school. I enjoyed working there.
a fun and fast paced environment with lots of chances for me to learn and improve my fast precision food making and prepping and decision making skills. met lots of new friends.
Overall, it’s a great place to work!
Like any job it obviously has its ups and downs.

Pro:

there is so much opportunity to grow within this company

Con:

Could hire better people
Famoso is a great place to work if your looking for a semi relaxed job with great people. I found that once I settled into the job it can be quite relaxing. The management is usually quick to accommodate you as much as they can.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of hours/low wages
Poor to no leadership in owner. Raises held above employees heads. Refusing to hire help for overworked staff or listen to Criticism. HORRIBLE attitude.
i learned a lot working in famoso but also had a blast. the managers and coworkers are very friendly & cooperative. good working environment & also clean.
Famoso in Grande Prairie is now closed down, but it was a fun and relaxed environment. Management treated staff respectfully at all times and staff helped one another readily.
worked at famoso for a couple of months. management is poor and owner takes tips from servers despite helping. limited servers, booking time off is nearly impossible. did not receive vacation pay after leaving, not all hours are put on pay checks. Owner is rude / sexist
I’m so happy working in FAMOSO so very busy never everyone go go go manage too Lucky work
Very busy people happy good money I’m so happy too Manager So nice
I enjoyed working here and was interested in what the job offered. I would recommend this type of job the someone looking for a good first job. I liked the management.
It is a safe, fun and friendly environment. Your mistakes are not punished, but instead are encouraged to learn from them. You will me pushed out of your comfort zone.
This was one of my first jobs. My first day, I was thrown onto dishwashing for 8 hours, with no one speaking to me. During the rest of my work experience, my happiness and health were disregarded by many along with my constant complaints to management that the male coworkers harassing me, a young teenage girl.
Famoso is a great place to work, especially if you are just entering the service industry. They hire with minimal experience which was an asset for myself. It is a hard place to work as servers are expected to do a lot of different responsibilities but it is fun and rewarding.
Famoso was not a bad place to work, but it was often poorly run and understaffed. The managers did their best, and a very good job at that, but colleagues were flakes and it was difficult to remain optimistic.
I did not have a great experience working for them, but this was mainly due to the primary owner of the location I worked with. This person is no loner there.
Great place to work excellent training great management team. Good hours if willing to work restaurant times. Busy place so fast paced work. Very understanding management team.
The great thing about Famoso is that it doesn't hire based solely on experience but on personality. Many of the staff are younger and in school, yet they were hired as they are easy to get along with, manageable to work with and are quick learners. You don't have to have years of experience to work there. That being said, when having managers and night-leaders who are the same age as everyone else, or even younger, there can be a bit of a power struggle at times. Also, as it is a restaurant job, hours aren't amazing and pay is whatever unless you're pulling in a lot of tips.
The pizza was pretty awesome, the hours were not overbearing but still enough to get by on; however the equipment was out of date and always breaking down, storage space was limited and everything was very cramped.
I enjoyed my time at Famoso while it lasted. I wish the work was more stable. My hours got slashed and I was sent home early a lot. Due to this, I had to find other employment.
I worked at Famoso of 2 years. I found the most difficult part of the job was the unpredictable flow of customers. I found the environment friendly and the staff were hard working.
Pros
IPADS for order taking
Cons
Not very busy
Famoso is a decent entry-level restaurant for all positions, but there is a lack of support from management that I desired. While it has made me more independent as an employee, there were times I felt that management was too hands off, or elsewhere when I'd need them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9