Family Services of Greater Vancouver

Family Services of Greater Vancouver Management reviews

Truly loved working here except for office politics and upper management. I don't want to get into too much details as I left the organization very disillusioned after working there for almost 25 years.
this company promotes inclusiveness and diversity but is very judgmental and gossip filled workplace.. it is only inclusive if you are a member of a visible minority it does not value long time employees management at head office are smug and uninviting the CEO is not liked by senior mgmt
Working at directions youth detox was one of the biggest mistakes I have made in my career. The senior staff are bullies, who take pride in pulling the strings and gossiping about staff who are new, and the atmosphere is unnecessarily competitive and punitive.
I only worked as a volunteer at Family Services of Greater Vancouver as a volunteer assistant office administrator. A typical work day at Family Services would include general office work: organizing and alphabetizing client files, logging in entries using excel and helping any of the other staff or management with any tasks they require done.
This is a unique workplace with folks who are extremely passionate about the work they do. They are a fantastic employer with good management. There have been some issues with HR, but they are proactively working to resolve this, and I feel supported as an employee.
Supportive and encouraging management. My colleagues are very helpful and professional. We work with families with several layers of trauma, addiction, mental health and capacity barriers. We make a difference every day of the week
I very much enjoyed working with my multicultural staff, clients and their children. There was a mutual exchange of learning from various cultures. Management was fine. Nothing particular was difficult to do - I thrived on the challenges from caring for the children and keeping up with the paperwork.
Good environment and management is decent, The most enjoyable part is interacting with the youth and helping and supporting them through the problems they are facing.
Setting up files for new parents entering into the system About helping parent and family overcome their problems and about seeking help. Great Management Team. Great Co-workers always willing to help. Say no to kids. Reuniting kids with their family
Pros
Summer Bar-Bar Que
Cons
Short - Covering for Someone on Sick Leave