Family Services of Greater Vancouver

Family Services of Greater Vancouver Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

FSEAP is a great place to work - except for the pay. The staff are friendly and informed. The quality of the work is high and the counsellor's are committed to the work they do.
Pros
friendly
Cons
low pay
this company promotes inclusiveness and diversity but is very judgmental and gossip filled workplace.. it is only inclusive if you are a member of a visible minority it does not value long time employees management at head office are smug and uninviting the CEO is not liked by senior mgmt
Working at directions youth detox was one of the biggest mistakes I have made in my career. The senior staff are bullies, who take pride in pulling the strings and gossiping about staff who are new, and the atmosphere is unnecessarily competitive and punitive.
I only worked as a volunteer at Family Services of Greater Vancouver as a volunteer assistant office administrator. A typical work day at Family Services would include general office work: organizing and alphabetizing client files, logging in entries using excel and helping any of the other staff or management with any tasks they require done.
I enjoyed my work and my team. I have been with that agency on three different jobs and enjoyed them all. My supervisor was awesome, available, kind and very professional
Pros
team, agency
Cons
salary
Good place to work but salaries are not great. I would have stayed longer if salaries were more competitive. However, staff members and co-workers, curses for staff and job position were great.
No advancement withouth required education. A great starting point when you are fresh out of school. Get your experience and move on. Easy to get too comfortable in a position. You may find you work alone a lot. Constant open part time lines.
Pros
the wonderful clients
Cons
Staffing problems
Truly loved working here except for office politics and upper management. I don't want to get into too much details as I left the organization very disillusioned after working there for almost 25 years.
Very rewarding job working with youth, with various addictions. Working in a team environment to provide supports during a difficult time. Providing resources and assisting in the transition.
This is a unique workplace with folks who are extremely passionate about the work they do. They are a fantastic employer with good management. There have been some issues with HR, but they are proactively working to resolve this, and I feel supported as an employee.
I really enjoy all the jobs I have done for this organization, I have been involved with this organization for so many years and have always enjoy the group of co-workers and the job itself.
• Assist in month end closing. • Balance sheet accounts reconciliations. Monthly expense variance analysis. • Enter all journal entries into the accounting software. • Record supporting information for all journal entries. • Create recurring journal entry templates.
I have enjoyed my work at Family Services of Greater Vancouver. The agency is a non profit organization. My manager is very nice and understandable. Besides my previous work experience, I learned how to process pension and how to generate ADR reports at year-end. Moreover, the organization is transferring its payroll system from Comvida to ADP. I am happy that I can help with the system transfer. I had a temp contract with Family Services. My contract will be end soon. So, I need to find another job.
Training was well done. Welcoming people. Always available for questions and always concerned for safety. only down side was no day off due to contract.
The typical work day can starts between 7:30 - 9:30 am. Every employee can chose when their work day begins provided that they complete their 7. 5 working hours. Managers are busy dealing with multiple priorities so time allocated to marketing deliverables is often limited. Co-workers are warm and supportive and there to help. Getting tasks done to deadline can be challenging as you are confronted with internal challenges that often make meeting deadlines difficult. Every day at FSGV is a good day insofar as you are working for a good cause and cause marketing can be very rewarding.
Pros
Wonderful caring and supportive staff
Cons
limited marketing budget
FSGV have many different areas within the organization. They are there to help anyone and everyone who needs it. There are resources around every corner and they are easy to access too. Working with youth is a passion of mine and everyone there has made it easy for me to enjoy my passion. Everyone who works for this organization have the best intentions for all their clients.
• Redesigned “Foster Parent Express” newsletter, including a new categories divisions and a new attractive look. Based on the client needs and requirement, 2000 units printed and distributed quarterly. • Graphic design for newsletters, brochure, posters and pamphlets.