Family Services of Greater Vancouver

Family Services of Greater Vancouver Employee Reviews

supportive and encouraging

FSEAP is a great place to work - except for the pay. The staff are friendly and informed. The quality of the work is high and the counsellor's are committed to the work they do.

Pros

friendly

Cons

low pay

Rewarding job with a great team

I work in Directions Youth Detox and find so much value and rewards in the work that we do. The resource provides a unique environment for youth to detox safely in a home like atmosphere, and receive information and referrals to many other community supports. The youth workers, counsellors and management within the detox are client centered and professional.

Pros

Experience, rewarding.

Cons

As with most non-profits, the pay is not the best.

An overall amazing organization to work for.

I started working at FSGV as a university student. They offer full support to staff and provide workers with a lot of great (paid) training opportunities. They value you as a worker and as an individual. I have worked for several non-for-profits and working for FSGV has the best management by far. Highly recommended!

Pros

You take on clients and create your own hours, very flexible

Not a great place to work

this company promotes inclusiveness and diversity but is very judgmental and gossip filled workplace.. it is only inclusive if you are a member of a visible minority it does not value long time employees management at head office are smug and uninviting the CEO is not liked by senior mgmt

An absolute nightmare

Working at directions youth detox was one of the biggest mistakes I have made in my career. The senior staff are bullies, who take pride in pulling the strings and gossiping about staff who are new, and the atmosphere is unnecessarily competitive and punitive.

Work place organization

I only worked as a volunteer at Family Services of Greater Vancouver as a volunteer assistant office administrator. A typical work day at Family Services would include general office work: organizing and alphabetizing client files, logging in entries using excel and helping any of the other staff or management with any tasks they require done.

great agency to work for

I enjoyed my work and my team. I have been with that agency on three different jobs and enjoyed them all. My supervisor was awesome, available, kind and very professional

Pros

team, agency

Cons

salary

Caring and supportive staff - meaningful work

After school and weekend contract work with children and youth with Special Needs involving integration into the community. Activities were developed and implemented to meet specific individual needs. Good support and on-going training available, plus staff appreciation day annually. Terrific, caring, dedicated supervisors. Working with kids and parents was highly rewarding - but as a non-profit agency there is not enough hours or pay to live in expensive Vancouver.

Pros

working with dedicated and caring supervisors - wonderful kids and families

Cons

Poor pay, poor hours, no advancement opportunity

Good place to work but

Good place to work but salaries are not great. I would have stayed longer if salaries were more competitive. However, staff members and co-workers, curses for staff and job position were great.

Entry level

No advancement withouth required education. A great starting point when you are fresh out of school. Get your experience and move on. Easy to get too comfortable in a position. You may find you work alone a lot. Constant open part time lines.

Pros

the wonderful clients

Cons

Staffing problems

Jobs at Family Services of Greater Vancouver

See more jobs

Great place except for management

Truly loved working here except for office politics and upper management. I don't want to get into too much details as I left the organization very disillusioned after working there for almost 25 years.

working with youth in a detox facility

Very rewarding job working with youth, with various addictions. Working in a team environment to provide supports during a difficult time. Providing resources and assisting in the transition.

This is a unique workplace with folks who are extremely passionate about the work they do. They are a fantastic employer with good management. There have been some issues with HR, but they are proactively working to resolve this, and I feel supported as an employee.

Supportive and encouraging management. My colleagues are very helpful and professional. We work with families with several layers of trauma, addiction, mental health and capacity barriers. We make a difference every day of the week

Great agency

I really enjoy all the jobs I have done for this organization, I have been involved with this organization for so many years and have always enjoy the group of co-workers and the job itself.

productive

• Assist in month end closing. • Balance sheet accounts reconciliations. Monthly expense variance analysis. • Enter all journal entries into the accounting software. • Record supporting information for all journal entries. • Create recurring journal entry templates.

nice work environment understandable manager and convienent location

I have enjoyed my work at Family Services of Greater Vancouver. The agency is a non profit organization. My manager is very nice and understandable. Besides my previous work experience, I learned how to process pension and how to generate ADR reports at year-end. Moreover, the organization is transferring its payroll system from Comvida to ADP. I am happy that I can help with the system transfer. I had a temp contract with Family Services. My contract will be end soon. So, I need to find another job.

Lovely childcare play area and abundant supplies.

I very much enjoyed working with my multicultural staff, clients and their children. There was a mutual exchange of learning from various cultures. Management was fine. Nothing particular was difficult to do - I thrived on the challenges from caring for the children and keeping up with the paperwork.

Good environment and management is decent, The most enjoyable part is interacting with the youth and helping and supporting them through the problems they are facing.

very well trained with comfortable environment.

Training was well done. Welcoming people. Always available for questions and always concerned for safety. only down side was no day off due to contract.

Warm and caring staff and management with a strong commitment to work-life balance

The typical work day can starts between 7:30 - 9:30 am. Every employee can chose when their work day begins provided that they complete their 7. 5 working hours. Managers are busy dealing with multiple priorities so time allocated to marketing deliverables is often limited. Co-workers are warm and supportive and there to help. Getting tasks done to deadline can be challenging as you are confronted with internal challenges that often make meeting deadlines difficult. Every day at FSGV is a good day insofar as you are working for a good cause and cause marketing can be very rewarding.

Pros

Wonderful caring and supportive staff

Cons

limited marketing budget

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Services of Greater Vancouver. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement