Family Services of Greater Vancouver Employee Reviews

Caring and supportive staff - meaningful work
Integration Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Metro Vancouver Regional District, BC21 August 2018
After school and weekend contract work with children and youth with Special Needs involving integration into the community. Activities were developed and implemented to meet specific individual needs. Good support and on-going training available, plus staff appreciation day annually. Terrific, caring, dedicated supervisors. Working with kids and parents was highly rewarding - but as a non-profit agency there is not enough hours or pay to live in expensive Vancouver.
Pros
working with dedicated and caring supervisors - wonderful kids and families
Cons
Poor pay, poor hours, no advancement opportunity
Good place to work but
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2018
Good place to work but salaries are not great. I would have stayed longer if salaries were more competitive. However, staff members and co-workers, curses for staff and job position were great.
Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 June 2017
This is a unique workplace with folks who are extremely passionate about the work they do. They are a fantastic employer with good management. There have been some issues with HR, but they are proactively working to resolve this, and I feel supported as an employee.
Family Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 December 2016
Supportive and encouraging management.
My colleagues are very helpful and professional. We work with families with several layers of trauma, addiction, mental health and capacity barriers.
We make a difference every day of the week
Great agency
Adoption Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 November 2016
I really enjoy all the jobs I have done for this organization, I have been involved with this organization for so many years and have always enjoy the group of co-workers and the job itself.
productive
General Ledger and Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 July 2016
• Assist in month end closing.
• Balance sheet accounts reconciliations. Monthly expense variance analysis.
• Enter all journal entries into the accounting software.
• Record supporting information for all journal entries.
• Create recurring journal entry templates.
nice work environment understandable manager and convienent location
Payroll Admin (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2016
I have enjoyed my work at Family Services of Greater Vancouver. The agency is a non profit organization. My manager is very nice and understandable. Besides my previous work experience, I learned how to process pension and how to generate ADR reports at year-end. Moreover, the organization is transferring its payroll system from Comvida to ADP. I am happy that I can help with the system transfer.

I had a temp contract with Family Services. My contract will be end soon. So, I need to find another job.
Lovely childcare play area and abundant supplies.
Child-minding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC9 July 2015
I very much enjoyed working with my multicultural staff, clients and their children. There was a mutual exchange of learning from various cultures. Management was fine. Nothing particular was difficult to do - I thrived on the challenges from caring for the children and keeping up with the paperwork.
Youth worker (Current Employee) –  Outreach Worker30 April 2014
Good environment and management is decent, The most enjoyable part is interacting with the youth and helping and supporting them through the problems they are facing.
very well trained with comfortable environment.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 April 2014
Training was well done. Welcoming people. Always available for questions and always concerned for safety. only down side was no day off due to contract.
Warm and caring staff and management with a strong commitment to work-life balance
Marketing Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 April 2014
The typical work day can starts between 7:30 - 9:30 am. Every employee can chose when their work day begins provided that they complete their 7. 5 working hours. Managers are busy dealing with multiple priorities so time allocated to marketing deliverables is often limited. Co-workers are warm and supportive and there to help. Getting tasks done to deadline can be challenging as you are confronted with internal challenges that often make meeting deadlines difficult. Every day at FSGV is a good day insofar as you are working for a good cause and cause marketing can be very rewarding.
Pros
Wonderful caring and supportive staff
Cons
limited marketing budget
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist/Administration (Former Employee) –  Family Services - Project Parent, Surrey BC29 August 2013
Setting up files for new parents entering into the system
About helping parent and family overcome their problems and about seeking help.
Great Management Team.
Great Co-workers always willing to help.
Say no to kids.
Reuniting kids with their family
Pros
Summer Bar-Bar Que
Cons
Short - Covering for Someone on Sick Leave
Productive and excellent team to work with
Freelance graphic designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 June 2013
• Redesigned “Foster Parent Express” newsletter, including a new categories divisions and a new attractive look. Based on the client needs and requirement, 2000 units printed and distributed quarterly.
• Graphic design for newsletters, brochure, posters and pamphlets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Services of Greater Vancouver. Our community is ready to answer.

Family Services of Greater Vancouver Reviews by Location