Family Day Care Services

Family Day Care Services Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Babysitter
Working as a babysitter was great, the kids were great, the parents were easy to communicate with. The only difficult part was if the kids were sick, I'd end up catching the same sickness they had. Also having to say goodbye to the kids was hard.
No longer a desirable company
Family Day Care Services was a desirable company to work for, offering competitive wages and supporting their staff. Unfortunately this has changed recently, lack of support and leadership from on-site supervisors.
Love the time i work with
Love love love family day. It is the vest place to work. They are very accommodating to my schedule. They are family oriented. The culture is inclusive.
Generally a great agency to work for
I worked as a daycare provider with family daycare services for 17 years . My experience was amazing . Great support from the supervisors; hands on learning through workshops . Very professional and positive experience.
2017/2019, I worked for the same outfit as a teachers assistant in a school for the before and after school program; generally the experience was positive .
It was a fun environment
It was great working at family day, I learned a lot and working as a supply I had a lot of traveling to do from school to school but it was worth the experience.
Great workplace
This is a great place to work. Co-workers are friendly, salary is good (by comparison to other ECE salaries), and I have a lot of respect for the company. I wish, however, that it was easier to receive extra support for children with behavioral challenges, in a classroom setting.
Good benefits, poor management
The child care centres and drop-in programs are great places to work! The head office is chaotic. One administrative assistant is rude and obnoxious and the other is kind and professional. There are staff working in human resources and accounting with no formal education or experience. A lot of staff spend their time walking back and forth to the break room to socialize. The benefits and pay are good (health and dental) with lots of paid time off (sick days and vacation).
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Poor Management!
Stressful and unflexible
I am looking for another job in my field as a result to my supervisor moving me to another room which I asked for a transfer from a year back. I also applied for a transfer to another childcare, but that was turned down as well.
Great learning environment
Working there was a great learning experience on how to communicate with a team and with your peers in a multitude of ways and how to appreciate other people and their cultures, ways of thinking and ideologies.
Pros
Free lunches, great people, lots to learn
good opportunity/good pay
family day is a great company overall, it has lots of opportunities, great environment for children, clean centers follow high scope curriculum. good benefit package for fulltime staff
Pros
beneifits if permanet if great
Cons
too many 5 hour contrat and way too many split shifts
Family Day Care Service has great services
They are very professional, keeping me to work for them for move then 5 years. They hold workshops every year, making sure you learn and are motivated to work.
the most enjoyable part of job is cooking because i love cooking
i am here since 2011 and still doing it. the job is good but pay is less and there is more hard work i was doing because the shift was very suitable for me
fun
Looked after children in home providing meals, snacks and activities.
upon request
-serve the community through government funded programs
-knowledgeable in community referrals to parents

-responsible for maintaining database

-responsible for creating and posting monthly calendar to agency website and Ministry website

-support for program staff

-report to supervisor and program manager

-committee member for United Way Campaign

-committee member for FSIO

-proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, EISIS, Photoshop
Pros
upon request
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Day Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.