Falls Avenue Resort

Falls Avenue Resort Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Solid spot for gaining experience
As much as my General Manager and supervisors are wonderful to work with and are very flexible. There seems to be a great lack of communication between the upper echelon of management. We would have two or sometimes three people make a different decision on the same thing in a day causing confusion.

This normally wasn't a big deal, you work quick to resole a problem and then move on. However because of the lack of communication, the upper management has lost confidence in the basic workers. This lead to an overall decline of company benefits and a lock down on what freedoms we had as a bottom employee. Morale quickly nose dove, people stopped caring about upper management which slowly lead to more lock downs and declines in confidence. The management are actually very wonderful people. It's just that a few bad eggs have spoiled the environment and it's up to the bottom to achieve a professional step forward however no one actually wishes to do so.

If you're just here to gain a few years/months of retail/hospitality experience and then seek employment elsewhere it's absolutely the best spot for you.

Unless you are invested in rebuilding an entire morale system and personally banding together the entire workforce to redeem themselves to show upper management that you're competent again. I wouldn't recommend you having your 5 year plan include still working here.

Also security is constantly watching the cameras and will quietly report you to your manager for the smallest things, it could be a ghost town at your area but if you're talking for longer than 5 minutes instead
 - more...
Disappointed
Enjoyed working there until I realized that it was unionized. I thought at first that should be a food thing but found out fast that was not the case. People talked behind others backs, blamed others for their own mistakes and Management was very inappropriate accusing staff of theft when they had no proof at all! Nothing was kept private which made things awkward at times and staff are unfairly treated every day.
Fast paced and very hot
- Worked here for 11 months and it was very very hot and smelling chlorine all day.
- Benefits after 6 months for full time staff.

- Managers were great.

- Some coworkers are great but most of them are extremely immature and will hate on you for no reason.

- Job atmosphere is like Tinder, everyone dates one another etc.

- If you work full time just be prepared the waterpark is closed 3 days out of the week in September and October.

- Extremely busy during sleep cheap, Christmas, March Break and Summer otherwise you’re standing there all day doing nothing.
Pros
Hours are there
Cons
Hot, chlorine smell is bad
Great team but poor wage and benefits
It's all about who you work with.

High season (May - November) can be stressful dut to the high demand in a popular tourist area. Excellent training is provided and coaching is given if needed.

Low season can drag but the have great employee appreciation. Lunch is sometimes provided, as well as, cake day to celebrate birthdays that has happened each month.

Wage is low, even for those who have previous work experience but there is room for advancement within the FAR property, depending on your personal motivation and work ethic.
Pros
Great team, supportive management
Cons
Minimum wage, busy tourism area
A good start point
Sub-par management and poor training procedures.
Great place if you are good at learning by yourself. Numbers of entities means a lot of learning concepts.

Minimal success recognition - just get the job done.

High turnover ratio hurts whoever stays.
Pros
Easy to get in
Cons
Not for career
Great place to grow
This was my first job out of university. I worked in Finance for 2 years and had a great experience. I learned so much about operations and how businesses run. I was able to sit in meetings with COO's and Operation leaders and really learn about the business side of things. People were super friendly and i had more then 1 mentor to help me grow. It was amazing to see how many people wanted to help with my development. I definitely enjoyed my time there and if a bigger opportunity were to open i would want to go back.
Pros
people, activities
Nice people, learned a lot
I learned a lot working for this company. I started as a Front Desk Agent and was able to move around into other positions. I had really good benefits better then anywhere else I ever worked which helped since i have a kid and no where offers such good benefits. Dental, prescriptions all included!!
Pros
Discounts for lunch and hotel discounts
Great team environment, poor Controller
Working in finance is a great opportunity to be a mini CFO where you oversee multiple properties and complete full cycle financial statements, budgets, business plans, bank reconciliations and audit prep.
However, under the current controller I would not recommend working here. The controller micromanages and is condescending. Month end deadlines are never met. The culture is at an all time low. The entire finance department has turned over in less than 10 months of the controller being hired.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Falls Avenue Resort?
Great team environment
Overall a good company and team, however upper management could do better to listen to the needs of their employees. Pay was decent for the job. Not the best physical environment to be in however as many updates were needed desperately.
Fun and caring work place
Working here I've come to know the customer service industries very well. Gain a lot of knowledge about working in a fast pace environment and how to deal with customer biased situations.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
Hot
enjoyable atmosphere
super fast paced and very easy .
loved working here , was able to be very creative and connect with many different people. many different cultures as being in the tourist district.

great management
Excellent chain!
The falls avenue company is a great place for opportunities. They have positions in many sections of their resort. You have the ability to move up in there resort chain. As well as, good hours and benefits. Parking for all of their employees.
Strict Safe Environment
When I was employed by Falls view it was an ok place to work. The manager at the time was strict and rightfully so. The conditions were horrible to work under due to heat and poor ventilation.
Fun for the summer
Great job to work for the summers. Great place to make new friends. Awesome boss and co-workers. Not recommended for long term.. Small raises not worth the extra work. Higher ups KNOW they're better than you and treat you as such. But if you just take it as it is it doesn't matter. It's when you start to work over the winters and go in for the long haul, you start to feel unappreciated. Easy enjoyable work. Hardest part is dealing with ignorant tourists.
Pros
some positions work outside, co-workers
Cons
long hours, minimum wage, some positions inside, tourists
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Falls Avenue Resort. Our community is ready to answer.
Falls Avenue Resort Reviews by Location