Falls Avenue Resort Employee Reviews

Nice people, learned a lot
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 October 2018
I learned a lot working for this company. I started as a Front Desk Agent and was able to move around into other positions. I had really good benefits better then anywhere else I ever worked which helped since i have a kid and no where offers such good benefits. Dental, prescriptions all included!!
Pros
Discounts for lunch and hotel discounts
Great team environment, poor Controller
Finance (Former Employee) –  Finance1 October 2018
Working in finance is a great opportunity to be a mini CFO where you oversee multiple properties and complete full cycle financial statements, budgets, business plans, bank reconciliations and audit prep.
However, under the current controller I would not recommend working here. The controller micromanages and is condescending. Month end deadlines are never met. The culture is at an all time low. The entire finance department has turned over in less than 10 months of the controller being hired.
Great team environment
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 September 2018
Overall a good company and team, however upper management could do better to listen to the needs of their employees. Pay was decent for the job. Not the best physical environment to be in however as many updates were needed desperately.
Great place to grow
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 October 2018
This was my first job out of university. I worked in Finance for 2 years and had a great experience. I learned so much about operations and how businesses run. I was able to sit in meetings with COO's and Operation leaders and really learn about the business side of things. People were super friendly and i had more then 1 mentor to help me grow. It was amazing to see how many people wanted to help with my development. I definitely enjoyed my time there and if a bigger opportunity were to open i would want to go back.
Pros
people, activities
Fun for the summer
Supervisor/ Cashier/ Ride operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 August 2012
Great job to work for the summers. Great place to make new friends. Awesome boss and co-workers. Not recommended for long term.. Small raises not worth the extra work. Higher ups KNOW they're better than you and treat you as such. But if you just take it as it is it doesn't matter. It's when you start to work over the winters and go in for the long haul, you start to feel unappreciated. Easy enjoyable work. Hardest part is dealing with ignorant tourists.
Pros
some positions work outside, co-workers
Cons
long hours, minimum wage, some positions inside, tourists
enjoyable atmosphere
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 June 2017
super fast paced and very easy .
loved working here , was able to be very creative and connect with many different people. many different cultures as being in the tourist district.
great management
Fun and caring work place
Slide attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 December 2017
Working here I've come to know the customer service industries very well. Gain a lot of knowledge about working in a fast pace environment and how to deal with customer biased situations.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
Hot
Excellent chain!
Slide Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 November 2016
The falls avenue company is a great place for opportunities. They have positions in many sections of their resort. You have the ability to move up in there resort chain. As well as, good hours and benefits. Parking for all of their employees.
Strict Safe Environment
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 October 2016
When I was employed by Falls view it was an ok place to work. The manager at the time was strict and rightfully so. The conditions were horrible to work under due to heat and poor ventilation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Falls Avenue Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Falls Avenue Resort Reviews by Location