FAITHLIFE FINANCIAL

FAITHLIFE FINANCIAL Employee Reviews

Excellent

An excellent company with lots to offer to the Christian people in Canada, So much to say but good things great team positive attitude and on top of that they live up to it's name FAITHLIFE,

Pros

Great people

Cons

Can't think of one

career building

you are at liberty to decide what you want for your self as faithlife give all the neccessary incentives to help you . the management team is simply supportive.

Difficult industry good company

Your experience will depend highly on your district manager. This can be a great thing or a bad thing. You get unlimited opportunity to succeed and this company has the best compensation I’ve seen in the industry.

Helping people establish their financial future

There are no fixed hours required with this company as the position is an independent Financial Services Broker. The culture is to teach clients to handle money based on Christian biblical principles.

Pros

Free Marketing Materials

beware of promises

A Christian organization that does not behave in a Christian maner. They walk the grey line between employee classifications. If you work in the office you are over worked if in the field treated like an employee but told self employed. They have moved away from fellowship and compassion to business like any other corporation. Lost their unique edge. Member based organisation with declining benefits to the members. Every year the benefits are reduced. Do your research. Not as presented.

Pros

Was once full of fellowship

Cons

long hours. Management contradiction in messages. duties do not match job descriptions.

Productive, Fun, Values, Mission Statement

Great place to work Work Life balance Great people and culture Great Mission and values Excellent benefits and wages

Pros

Great Atmosphere

Cons

Long commute

Lessons Learned

FaithLife Financial is a Christian organization that provides life insurance and wealth products and financial literacy tools to Canadian Christians. I received many accolades for my contributions and always had good performance reviews. I wore many hats in my role. The hardest part of the job was juggling the many responsibilities that were primarily administrative in nature, and not being able to apply my expertise and knowledge to what I enjoyed most, i.e. lawyering. I loved my co-workers. It was a difficult time to be in the financial services industry due to the unprecedented, continuing low interest rate environment and volatile economy. Insurers were struggling for ways to remain viable. I was part of the transition/restructuring team and in the end, my position was terminated. I learned that even in a Christian organization, people are not treated a whole lot differently than any other organization, despite alleged differences in values and culture, etc. I also learned alot about myself, what I preferred doing, what I didn't prefer doing. I learned that it can be lonely being in a one-person senior management position. I was challenged to move outside of my comfort zone which was beneficial. The part I enjoyed the most was to be able to organize and schedule the weekly chapel and be able to lead and pray for others. That was always a highlight of the working week.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

difficult economic environment during this period

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FAITHLIFE FINANCIAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement