Fairweather Pay & Benefits reviews

Poor Management Skills
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2018
There are usually problems with management and appropriate leadership in most workplaces. Other than that, good work environment and employees. Hours are not guaranteed.
great place to work when drama free
1st Key-holder (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE9 August 2017
Staff at this location struggle to get more hours due to Store manager NOT working full time hours. Great if your a student or just want to pickup a few hours for extra money on the side. Not for someone trying to support self or children.
Pros
flexable scheduling
Cons
Impossible to get 32+hrs/week
A Journey only for new commers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2016
Fairweather is a good job for people without experience and this experience is good maximum for 1 year. After that they should start looking to find a new job that has more class in fancier place.
Pros
Good experience in retail
Cons
High expectation compare to the duty
Typical Retail - Not much room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2015
Low wages but easy work. Hard to find employees who will work for minimum wage and stay with the company. Can be fun if you are working with a good team. Great experience for those who want to learn more but little reward.
Pros
Can learn everything there is to know about retail.
Cons
Not much help from DM or head office. Small amount of hours given to accomplish a lot of work.
Great job
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 March 2015
I quite enjoyed this job as well. they are good to their staff and lovely locals who shop here. never a dull moment. And you always get a variety of different people.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
its in steinbach
unpredictable and challenging workplace with great experiences
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan on29 April 2014
Fairweather was a great experience for me. I first started with the location as it was just being built up from scratch. I played a great role in putting up wall fixtures according to HO visual guidelines, sorting and placing new stock to create a store presentable for grand opening and our customers, and executed proper marketing placement for effective sales for the company.

After my three months probation I was then promoted to key holder. A typical day as a key holder consisted of opening and closing; the store and store logs, bank logs, files, communication systems, and cash systems, Also supervising employees and outside assisting staff, and managing the stores daily functions. A typical day also consisted of marketing changes in store, and shipping/receiving and placing new product.

One strength I learned about myself from being in management at Fairweather, is that there were times I found it necessary to complete a task even when off shift. The hardest part of my job as Management in Fairweather was trying to rise above the competition at all times. As for the my Coworkers, there were times when everyone was in unison and then there were times when everyone needed their own attention. The most enjoyable parts of my job was learning new skills, new product, and new personalities.

I appreciate the experience.
Pros
appreciative customers and Plesant employees
Cons
No flexibility or benifits
Good part time job
Customer Service Representative - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2014
Good part time position and a way of getting out of the house for some pocket expenses.
Pros
Good interaction with customer
Cons
Have to work weekends
loved my job at Fairweather, and had a great overall experience in my working life at Fairweather.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 October 2012
My typical day would include addressing staff performance and goal setting, also reviewing daily store needs i.e.merchandising of product, right mix and balance of product, scheduling and budgeting.
The hardest part of my job was again trying to get people in head office to see what youy do when something would occur and you might have a better Idea.
Loved the day to day fast pace and the different things that were
always part of a typical day.I loved that you had to think on your feet at times and could come up with a solution to what was was needed at that moment.
Pros
good pay, good company, good benefits, fast pace
Cons
long hours, stress, and somtimes dealing with red tape