Fairweather

Fairweather Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
productive place to workout, laid back and relaxed, not a hectic/stressful environment. Management support was great, staff were amazing to work along with.
a joke. 5 years of employment, no raise (minimum wage). over worked for no reason. no real head office for complaints so employees are left to deal with issues. it was so hard to explain that even employees dont know the phone number for head office. unreal.
Cons
no room for advancement, no pay raise after 5 years of employment
Fairweather has the worst management team, but the positive thing out of that was creating my leadership skills as well as my time management skills .
This company is based and is run on lies and racial profiling, Lying to customers, Faking prices etc. there are no benefits even after 2 years of employment, your pay will start at 14 and most likely stay the same when you will be told “ things will change”.they are a very racially biased on who they employ, and it’s not a comment it’s a fact walk into any fairweather, international clothiers, designer depot etc any store affiliated with [ internacional company INC] you will always find the same type of culturally related individuals with very few diverse individuals, and they are usually international students who have 2-3 job and work only 1 shift. The issue is not the students it’s the employers who are using that power to hire employees based on their background which is not correct. they will over work you and under pay you. They will constantly lie,to both you and customers they will tell you they have no hours at all for current employees, being there is so few already and they deem it wise to hire 1 other employe as well culturally alike for 1 day for a 4 hour shift. I’m not sure if I’m wrong but it’s absurd when you have employees asking for hours, they lie to people in buying fast fashion clothing at such an expensive price when if you notice it’s all poliéster, torn and white strings hanging, they will say that 1 item is $10 one day and the next it will be $49.99 it’s a scam, they are liars I was fed up with lying to old people who barely had money to spend and my manager constantly trying to up sell, I understand that is our job but we are all human and if they - more...
What i have learned while working with this company is quite a lot. I have learned how to enhance my customer service skills, as well as training staff in learning the company’s products and/ or training staff on visual merchandising. The company has confided in me in so many ways that i am truly grateful for to have the opportunity to enhance my skills in various ways.
The pay is low. The expectations are high. Upper management is the worst. No hours. Always stressed even before you get into work. No more for advancement.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everyhing
And it’s a best platform for everyone to learn about customer service and can improve customer representative skills by helping them in store as per their demand what they need or want to exchange something and we can interact with customers get to know each other.overall, its enjoyable.
fun working in retail because you can meet new people and i love helping the customers. Learn so many things at this job like customer service, about dressing code.
This was an okay place to work at considering how flexible the shifts were. Not very fond of management. This company needs some serious revaluation of current operational procedures. They can be so much more efficient if they actually took in advice from current employees.

Other than that, this is a okay place to work at if you are in high school and never had a retail job before. On day where it's not busy, it getting kind of boring since there isn't much to do. But on busy days, it's pretty stressful and exhausting.

You have to stand on your feet for extended periods of time. They don't give you a 15 minute break for a 5 hour shift like most companies do. They're always trying to save hours and put less people on shift to do the most work.

I'd avoid this place if you already have retail experience and apply somewhere else. Not the best retail company to work at imo.
working at Fairweather was really fun and enjoyable, my manger and my co-workers were really collaborative. Even though it was fast-paced work environment I was able to manage everything. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help out customers and recieve positive feedbacks.
Was fun while the store were open in my town, but would recommend to a friend because they have store all over the place.
if your looking for high pay this isnt the job, but with how relaxed it was it was fun
Management treats you poorly. Not worth the pay. Girls who work there most the time are rude. Managment also has no consideration for your medical issues.
This was just my experience from the oshawa stores.
I was given 20+ hours a week in the summer when the manager left permanently but when her job fell through she came back and my work atmosphere was terrible. My hours were cut to 6 hours a week when everyone else had 15+ and it stayed like that for 3 months when I was numerously promised I would be getting more. When I finally asked about it after a few weeks, she said she was doing this because they didn't have room for me and she was just waiting for me to quit, that's probably why most of my coworkers were so disrespectful to me. The clothing is also very poor quality, it's hard to sell items to people knowing they will last a month depending on the clothes.
I’m not sure what to put here, I worked at fair weather for a while, it wasn’t the best but it definitely was the worst job I ever had. I’d work there again
Faireweather is a good place to work if you are looking for part time work.My work experience was that the training was very rushed . Not giving me the chance to truly understand my role . And how to execute my job to full protential.
It was a very boring job not a lot of customers and I was getting about 5 hours per week when I didn't have any sort of restrictions on when I could and could not work. A lot of being by yourself and not a lot of training.
Worked at Fairweather for about a year, got no hours like about 4 hours a week and only increased during the holidays (ie Christmas). Employees are rude and snobby. Most boring job ever!! All you do is stand around for your whole shift and end up making no money because no one comes in the store. Managers always mess up schedules and you never get your requested time off. Hated this job, don't work there.
Fairweather is a cheap, low budget company yet fun and easy. The staff are fun to work with and the job and duties are simple. Upper management is kind of corrupt. They promise many things such as benefits and a good hourly wage, yet I have yet to receive any recognition.
You are expected to do so much in such little time and still run a store without any complications with only yourself & a associate. As well as only managers get a proper pay, the new manager picks favourites and cuts hours but doesn't give them out properly. Associates go weeks without shifts.
Enjoyed the first few years.
Became increasingly difficult to enjoy once the hours were cut to a minimal.

Worked alone.

No over lapping shifts allowed, which meant no breaks.

Closed the store with no notice to staff.

Took a year to get my pay, had to go through the ministry of labor to get it.
No upper management support.
You need to be friends with your district manager to survive in this company.

This company has a large turnover in employees.

Fairweather moves their employees around to different stores even if this means you have to travel to work longer.