Fairweather Employee Reviews

Poor Management Skills
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2018
There are usually problems with management and appropriate leadership in most workplaces. Other than that, good work environment and employees. Hours are not guaranteed.
its a job
Sales Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2018
You just show up. Sell. Clean. Sell. Clean. Sell. Clean. Sell. Clean. Sell. Clean. Sell. Clean. Sell. Clean. Sell. Clean. Sell. Clean. There's no deviation, that's your job. That's what they pay you to do, that's all you should be doing. There's no room for questions, you know what to do.
Pros
you know what to do when you show up to work
Cons
all you do is sell and clean
Able to balance school and work efficiently, freedom to be creative
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 February 2018
I was able to be creative and use my visual and spacial skills when rearranging the clothes around the store to make the more expensive and popular items attractive to customers as soon as they walk in the store. I was also given a sense of authority because I got to schedule sales associates, complete end reports, and close the store.
Pros
gave me retail experience
Cons
No one was willing to switch shifts with me
Not a good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 January 2018
Manager was unprofessional and talks about all the associates. Favouritism shouldn’t be a surprise. Hours are cut a lot. Loved my co-workers though. Overall, wouldn’t recommend.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, manager
Pleasant
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2018
I enjoyed working with and for Fairweather, amazing, friendly management. Goal oriented company with great pay, overall expectations were lacking, as well as head office guidance and training.
great place to work when drama free
1st Key-holder (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE9 August 2017
Staff at this location struggle to get more hours due to Store manager NOT working full time hours. Great if your a student or just want to pickup a few hours for extra money on the side. Not for someone trying to support self or children.
Pros
flexable scheduling
Cons
Impossible to get 32+hrs/week
Unsure
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 June 2017
I started working for Fairweather as a Temporary person as the assistant manager was out on Mat Leave. Now I work every Sunday and Tuesday morning. Sunday I open the store for 11am to 4pm, I work alone all the time. Tuesday I open the store at 9:30am and work until 2:30pm. I assist customers with the clothing and any questions they have. I keep racks in order and clean.
Pros
work at my own pace
Cons
working alone
Travail d'équipe intéressant
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC27 February 2017
Le magasin est maintenant fermé. Mais quand j'ai travaillé là-bas, c'était bien comme emploi.
good working experiance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2016
get chance to meet new people

like to finish work under dead lines and pressure

hardest part was sometimes 12 hours shifts
Fun place to work for especially you get to wear the clothes
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 January 2016
A typical day at work, was getting emails from the head of the company and finding out the budget for the day. Co-workers were fun, my store manager at the time was a great help, teaching me tasks while she was away. The hardest part was store equipment not up to safety standards.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Store equipment not up tp standards
A Journey only for new commers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2016
Fairweather is a good job for people without experience and this experience is good maximum for 1 year. After that they should start looking to find a new job that has more class in fancier place.
Pros
Good experience in retail
Cons
High expectation compare to the duty
My first job experience
Administrative Support, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 January 2016
A good place to learn about customer service, some office duties and the beginning of management skills. There were good people who worked there and I learned a great deal.
Pros
learned many valuable skills
Cons
They closed most their stores when I was laid off
Poor Management
Area Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 December 2015
This company is very poorly organized and practices unethical pricing by marking prices up only to mark them down. Very embarrassing to work for an organization that does this sort of behaviors.
enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 October 2015
Enjoyed working in fashion, also working in Metrotown Mall was challenging but rewarding. I enjoy fast paced-environments.
Decent Store
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 June 2015
The management was terrible. The coworkers that I had at the store were so great but they have all either been fired or quit since I started as the management from Vancouver was ridiculous and rude.
Pros
Good location
A fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 May 2015
usually busy and hectic
learned interpersonal skills and how to deal with customers
co-workers were mostly easy to get along with
odd scheduling and small number of employees sometimes made it difficult to work on busy days
setting up displays was the most enjoyable part
Cons
short hours
productive.
Assistant Manager to Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2015
shift work, managed a staff of 20 people.
payroll and schedules and accepting shippments and sending shippments. dealt with customer service issues that came up.
Typical Retail - Not much room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2015
Low wages but easy work. Hard to find employees who will work for minimum wage and stay with the company. Can be fun if you are working with a good team. Great experience for those who want to learn more but little reward.
Pros
Can learn everything there is to know about retail.
Cons
Not much help from DM or head office. Small amount of hours given to accomplish a lot of work.
great environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  mississauga, ON15 March 2015
My day at fair weather would start by arriving 15 min. early , putting my stuff in the back and clocking in. After clocking I would then check the clip broad to check our goals for the day and who does what at closing (i.e- mirrors, floors, bathroom) everyone on that shift would have to clean the racks and tables for the following day. During my shift I would clean racks and tables while greeting customers and making sales including being on cash. At the end of my shift I would do my assigned job and every now then my manager or the keyholder would show me how to close till. Also this year I was put in to do inventory.
Pros
working with people
Cons
not enough hours
Great job
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 March 2015
I quite enjoyed this job as well. they are good to their staff and lovely locals who shop here. never a dull moment. And you always get a variety of different people.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
its in steinbach