Fairstone

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Insights into Fairstone

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energizing work tasks

Rewarding career, and exciting fun people

Featured review

Fairstone selected this as a representative review
A lot of these negative reviews are from people who didn't have what it takes. Good job to build on your selling skills. Sales job at the end of day. Good pay, good benefits, training is improving and the desire to motivate and reward employees has always been there.

Pros

Fun work environment, career advancement.

Cons

Long Term Disability is mandatory

26 February 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience working at Fairstone! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience working with us. As you know, Fairstone prides itself in creating an environment where employees can grow and develop; to get there, we’re continually working on our training, support, and incentive programs.

Best job i’ve ever had

This company is the best company i’ve ever worked for hands down. Everyone is amazing. Benefits are great. Its nice to be part of such a great company

17 May 2022
It’s always nice to receive positive comments. We’re glad you are enjoying your time working at Fairstone. Thank you!

A lot of micromanagement and high pressure sales

Depending on the (district &/or branch) manager you get, you might experience a lot of micromanagement. You will also learn a lot as you collect, underwrite, and book loans, but the salary does not reflect all the job duties performed.

4 April 2022
We're sorry to hear about your experience. Providing excellent employee experience is one of our priorities. We offer competitive and market-benchmarked benefits and compensation packages. Thank you for your posting.

Good place to work at

Great place to work at, especially if you are considering a career in finance and like sales. Very good benefits, pension, easy job and extra perks such as discounts and you learn so much. They will go over and beyond for you if you do your job properly. My team was awesome and manager worked so hard to make our team successful.

4 April 2022
Your views are appreciated! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Fairstone. We work hard to provide a positive work environment for all employees. Thank you for leaving a review.

productive place, with great people.

Good structure and schedule. Paid time off and flexible hours. Good benefits and room for growth.

Workload is too much. Always short staffed. Garbage falls down hill, landing solely on the little people

I'm sorry I ever took a job here. The pay is ok but could be better. The benefits packages are amazing, if you are willing to pay for it and the time off available has just recently adjusted to 2 days less then previous years.

Pros

If you can attain multiple targets, the bonuses are tremendous

Cons

Too many policy changes, no proper training, forced to sell product. If the customer declines, you get berated for not selling it. It's a lose lose scenario

8 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Fairstone. We're sorry to hear that you feel you have been penalized by our new paid time off policy.We have consolidated various planned time off days into a simpler, more flexible and wellness-focused approach. It gives the opportunity to all our employees to use their planned time off whenever needed and we encourage them to use them towards the year. We invite you to reach out to your manager or your HRBP to better understand this initiative. Your manager will also be able to provide guidance.

Great people

Just wish the bonuses were as competitive as before the pandemic. But it will get there as the growth continues. Great compensation for managers and above but rarely hire positions higher than a lending specialist 2.

Pros

Hour long lunch, family oriented, positive atmosphere

Cons

Training programs lacking.

Travail malhonnête

Entreprise et direction malhonnête qui se moque des clients et qui deforme ses employés pour les manipuler et les monter les uns contre les autres.Il ne savent même pas écrire un lettre de congédiement et evite de payer le 4%.A fuite comme la peste.

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Salaire, horaires, direction incompétente

10 December 2021
Merci d'avoir partagé votre opinion. Nous sommes désolés que vous vous sentiez ainsi. La Financière Fairstone a à cœur le bien-être de ses employés et nous veillons à assurer un environnement de travail sain. Nous vous invitons à contacter notre service des ressources humaines et il nous fera plaisir de revoir ensemble votre dossier.

Management will dictate your work experience

Fairstone provides a work culture that is highly based on your direct manager and their relationship with upper management. This position is more sales than I was initially led to believe with tough targets and many mitigating factors that are generally out of your control. Daily tasks are numerous and as with many other positions the better you are at your job the more they pile on your plate often without recognition or thanks. The job is stressful, but it is full time with benefits and standard office hours.

Pros

Full time, benefits

Cons

Stressful work environment, lack lusture management

10 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write about your current experience at Fairstone. We're sorry you feel this way. We are committed to maintaining a culture that establishes a positive employee experience across the company based on our core values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Recognition, Diversity and Innovation- guiding us how we do business and interact with our stakeholders. In addition to a set of leadership principles outlining our collective aspirations and expectations for all leaders at Fairstone. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to discuss your comments with your manager or HR Business Partner at any time.

It was a wonderful experience to work at Fairstone, learned a lot about selling skills, colleagues were always supportive and amazing, work-life balance, great benefits, I enjoyed working at Fairstone and totally recommend working there.

A growing environment with interesting initiatives

My overall experience working at Fairstone has been quite positive. The Executive team and senior management are quite approachable and open to new ideas. The teams are welcoming and employees are enthousiastic about coming to work everyday. The pandemic has brought challenges, like in any organization, but the teams kept working hard, in collegiality, to ensure safety for all. It has brought everyone closer together, like one big family.There are many opportunities to grow for anyone who seeks a good challenge and participate in an initiative to enhance how we work. Although salaries may not always be at par with the market, the overall remuneration/benefits package is very interesting.I recommend working at Fairstone.

Pros

Innovative organization with many opportunities

20 September 2021
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed working at Fairstone! We are committed to ensure to our employees meaningful work experiences. Thank you for posting and all the best with your new role.

The interview process is smooth and easy. My advice is to convince them that you can be successful in this position. You need to give examples from your past experiences. I really enjoyed the interview process.They have great training which makes you ready to work after 2 weeks.A typical day in the Fairstone branch is starting by soliciting customers from different sources. If you have a loan request, it takes 10 to 15 minutes to make a decision. Then you need to call for collections. There are also administrative duties to do. The management is approachable and they want you to succeed.

Pros

benefits, bonuses, good management, regular office ours, good company culture, good training.

Cons

Soliciting

12 July 2021
We’re glad you are enjoying working at Fairstone. We want to ensure our employees enjoy meaningful work experiences. Fairstone has policies and programs to help employees develop the skills they need to excel in their jobs, including training, mentorship and more. Thank you for your valuable feedback on your experience in the interview process.

Je déteste cette job

Burn out dès la première année, aucun soutien, travail non valorisant, non gratifiant, m'a rendu malade et me tue à petit feu.

Pros

Rien

Cons

Surcharge de travail

10 March 2021
Merci d'avoir partagé votre opinion. Nous sommes désolés que vous vous sentiez ainsi. La Financière Fairstone a à cœur le bien-être de ses employés et nous veillons à assurer un environnement de travail sain. Nous vous invitons à contacter le service des ressources humaines afin de nous faire part de votre situation pour que nous puissions vous aider à surmonter cette étape. De plus, vous pouvez également vous référer au Programme d’aide aux employés SynerVie qui permet à tous les employés de bénéficier de services personnalisés afin d’améliorer leur bien-être. Ce service totalement confidentiel vous offre par exemple des conseils, des références professionnels, des ressources et des outils en ligne qui sont disponibles en tout temps.

Great Career Starter

Fairstone was the only financial institution that gave me an opportunity when I just came to Canada 3 yrs ago. You get thrown in the deep end pretty quickly you either learn to swim or sink. I learned to swim and swam pretty well. My manager was exceptional, she is tough but fair. If you make a mistake, she doesn't make you feel stupid, she let you know that everything can be fixed not to worry. She got my back and always fights for her staff. Within 6 months of her coaching I was consistently meeting my targets winning trips and awards. The work load is a lot for the pay you receive but your job is secure and the benefits are great. While other banks cut hrs and closed branches in COVID Fairstone stayed open. Despite the constant abuse from the customers Fairstone is a great place to start your career - it teaches sales skills, patience, tolerance and builds thick skin.

Pros

Great benefits, great management, amazing team

Cons

Disrespectful customers

10 March 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. We're glad you're enjoying working with us. Fairstone has a number of learning & development programs to help employees develop the skills they need to excel in their jobs, including training, mentorship and more. We're looking forward to providing you guidance to your continued growth at Fairstone!

real teamwork

My experience with the company was positive. I have a good team leader. training is a must at this company as policies change every day for different customer needs.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

fast past which can be stressful

Assurance collective

Cette entreprise ne respecte pas les engagements pri avec les employés. Si on réussit les objectifs, elle va augmenter les objectifs et si tu ne réussis pas ton objectif, elle te rencontre et te fait voir que tu n’as pas fait assez d’efforts pour faire ton objectif. C’est une entreprise a pression

Cons

Pas de pause, surcharge de travail

Not a great company to work for

If you like to make 30 calls per day while juggling other incoming phone calls, admin work, being short staffed, loan appointments, emails, and on going learning this could be good for you you’ll always be busy, the pay as a secondary lending specialist was not worth the hassle

Benefits

Cons

Collecting money over the phone from people

Horrible Management structure

Even after being a top performer - They keep you at the minimum level, so that they pay you minimum and get more out from you. Giving an excuse of company policy and nonsense that promotions are restricted due to COVID. Well they don’t care about COVID when it comes to sales performance, one still needs to do what they achieved before, why they dont do promotions and pay raise for the ones who are the best of all? I am still unable to find answer to that after performing month after month. I feel totally demotivated to work, I am working just because lack of other options.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Unfair pay, stress is all time high.

Too many hidden agendas behind targets

They try to low ball u for salary because they think we can make bonus. Not all branches are the same. I was in an unfortunate branch with a manager who did not know to do her job

Pros

If u can, the bonus can be good. But thier compensation structure is tricky

Cons

Very poor managers. No guidence

27 July 2020
We're disappointed that this was your experience. We offer competitive and market-benchmarked benefits and compensation packages which were built in consultation with an external HR consulting firm that is a global leader in the field. Our learning and development team also provides dedicated manager training and the company holds an annual forum specifically dedicated to developing leadership skills among company management.

Good Conmpany

Good salary, they are good people, I gladly recommend this company, no problems.......................................................... Good benefits

Pros

Cons

Some products

Good opportunity to get some experience, otherwise Negative experience

Management; at least in the branch I worked in were catty, unprofessional, disrespectful and lacked leadership ability with an unsettling turnover rate. Upper management seemed somewhat better, but a bit disconnected from lower levels. The job overall is decent but repetitive. The 8- 9 hour days can be very long, particularly if your immediate supervisor only makes your time more miserable. I’m grateful for the experience I gained, but far more grateful I got out when I did.

Pros

Good pay, benefits.

Cons

Management, work / life balance.

27 July 2020
We are disappointed to hear this, but the feedback is valuable to us as we focus on improving and developing our existing manager training programs. We hold an annual forum specifically dedicated to developing leadership skills among company management. In addition, employees have access to an employee assistance program, ethics line and an annual, anonymous employee engagement survey. We're committed to maintaining a working environment that reflects our core values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Recognition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairstone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement