Fairstone

Fairstone Employee Reviews for District Manager

District Manager5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
Just celebrated 28 years in the finance business. I must admit, the last 2 years have been the most engaging, exciting, full of promise and opportunity as the Fairstone brand continues to evolve. These are exciting times to be in on the ground floor of a forward thinking business. My colleagues are always supportive and have played a significant role in the betterment of our business. The people I work with from day to day are simply wonderful- everyone working towards the same goal. Simply put, to make Fairstone the employer of choice for MANY years to come. This is a great career. Challenging, rewarding, engaging, opportunity to move up the corporate ladder- its all here. Talk to the employees, research the Fairstone brand- you won't be disappointed.
Pros
engagement in the business, opportunity to evolve.
Cons
none come to mind.
When I started with this company I had no idea that I would be here 12 years later as a District Manager. They hired me with only customer service experience, taught me everything I needed to know about the business, and showed me what my future could hold if I wanted it. For example, when I showed my interest in becoming a Branch Manager they made sure I was mentored, given the proper training, and I was promoted within 2 years of being hired. Before being promoted to District Manager I had the opportunity to work in several markets as a Branch Manager and a Business Trainer for Atlantic Canada. These experiences helped to prepare me for the role I have today. The opportunity to influence, inspire and ultimately make a positive impact to my team and our company is beyond rewarding. Of course this job has it's challenges however that's what keeps it interesting! I would recommend Fairstone to anyone with a positive attitude, a passion for customer service, and a willingness to learn. Like I always say to my team, you can have whatever you want with this company you just have to be willing to work hard for it.
Pros
Strong tenured senior leadership team, strong marketing department, great career advancement opportunities.
I recently celebrated 38 years with Fairstone. What a great place to work. I started my career at the entry level and took advantage of the advancement programs they had in place and very quickly I was promoted to the Level of Branch Manager and shortly after to the District Managers position. An extremely rewarding 38 years. If you are looking for a career that is challenging, rewarding and exciting with a company that is constantly evolving this is the company for you. Salary is very competitive and a fantastic benefit program. Excellent opportunity for advancement and a flexible work schedule. A fun place to work and be a part of a high performing team.
Pros
Bonus and Reward Programs
I have been with this company for 14 years. I started with the company with limited experience in the field as a entry level position. This company offered me room to grow and devolop from within. We have great training programs for anyone looking for a career. In a short period of time I was promoted to a Branch Manager Role. With the support of a great team and senior management I was able to continue my development and was recently promoted once again to District Manager.
I recommend this place of employment for anyone looking for a high paced sales enviroment that is looking for potential in career advancement.
Pros
Competitive benefits, flexible work hours, Advancement opportunities, unlimited earning potential.
I started with the company 15 years ago on a temporary mat leave position at the bottom of the list at a young age. They were very flexible with my schedule to the fact that they let me go to university during the days and still work there. Then they paid for my final two years of university where I graduated with a degree in business and marketing. Once I was finished school I was given the opportunity to open a brand new office of my own to manage. 13 years later, I'm now running an entire province. Best career move I ever made for myself and my family. I advanced extremely quickly where I will continue to grow. I was also able to change many other employees lives for the better over the time. I could never see myself doing anything else. I started from as low as you can go and over a short period of time I moved up the ladder with hard work and the support of the company. They gave me great training in which I could apply to anything now and it has helped with my success in life.
Pros
Work Life Balance/Compensation with lucrative bonus structure/Benefits Package
Official response from Fairstone
26 February 2019
Wow – this is such an empowering and amazing experience. Thank you very much for sharing. We’re so proud to have you as part of the Fairstone team, and look forward to your future accomplishments as a Fairstone employee.
Official response from Fairstone