Fairstone

Fairstone Employee Reviews for Branch Manager

Branch Manager25 reviews
Canada25 reviews
It’s very high demanding and numbers driven not a lot of support of you don’t hit your “targets”, low salary for the job I do. Hard to compete with banks with the crazy high rates
Pros
Benefits, vacation and pension
Cons
Low salary, high demanding & very stressful
I have been with Fairstone formally CitiFinacial for almost 7 years. With in a year I was promoted as Branch Assistant manager and a year after as Branch manager. They have great management who understands their employee’s needs. Everyone here cares about each other and it is a great place to learn and grow within organizations. This company is heavily involved in community and offer its emplyees paid time to volunteer!!
I highly recommend working for this organization.
Do not recomend working for this company. Pay was pretty good but does not outweigh all the stress and pressure that comes with a position within this company
Official response from Fairstone
19 October 2019
We are disappointed to hear this feedback. We emphasize the importance of balance by ensuring our employees have access to a minimum of three weeks paid vacation, personal days, sick days, and time for volunteering engagement, among others. We also strive to create an environment that encourages open dialogue around expectations of roles and accountability. Some periods in any business may be busier and the pressure can build, we recognize that may not be for everyone but we provide tools, outlets and resources to help employees manage through busier periods.
I started with the company about 8 years ago and have had the opportunity advance with the company. I started as an Assistant Manager and in a matter of less than a year I was up to a Branch Manager and have had the opportunity through various training programs and support from District Manager, Senior Management and co-workers to move up and manage 3 different Branches each one larger in size.

If you are a team player with a positive attitude and you are looking for a great work environment along with an opportunity for a CAREER then the company Fairstone is definitely for you.

Fairstone offers a competitive salary, bonus for exceeding your sales targets, lots of various incentives along with an excellent benefit and Pension Plan.

With everything that Fairstone does for not only its employees, customers and for it communities across Canada makes me say that I am proud to work at Fairstone
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Training and Support, Compensation/Salary
We work in an open office environment with all staff and Branch Manager. Office hours can very from office to office and do include some evening shifts (usually only till 7 twice a week). Fairstone offers good base Salary with monthly bonus based on your performance. Benefits and vacation start after 90 day probation period
This is a SALES job and you have to be self motivated. Fairstone provided all the training required to do this job but Previous sales and credit experience is a huge asset.

I have been employed with Fairstone (Formerly Citifinancial) for 12 years now. I started out in an entry level position LS1 and very much enjoyed that level, I was not looking for any advancement in my career and my management team was very supportive of my choice. When I had to re-locate to a bigger city (and I was able to transfer to another office with no issue) for my husbands job I decided I did want to take the next step in my career.

I am now a branch manager in a New Brunswick office and I am very happy i decided to take my career to the next level
Pros
Good Pay, Great Benefits, 3 Weeks Vacation to Start
Great company to work for!

Room for promotion.

Training provided.

Competitive salary with potential for bonuses.

Great benefits.

Satisfaction of knowing we are helping our clients.

Create fun environment.

Canadian wide.
Pros
Not just a job. Its a career!
Cons
Can be stressful at times.
I've been with the company for only 8 months, but since have evolved in my role as a Branch Manager. I really enjoy my work, its quite challenging and rewarding. It can be a fast pace environment, but i do enjoy it better than being a slow day, however there's always something to do. I'd have to say the hardest part of my job is keeping a open mind and keep positive as their is always challenging aspects to the job. I've left my other respective employer of 13 yrs for this opportunity and i haven't regretted it yet.
I've Been working with the company for 25 years. Fairstone offers great advancement opportunities, amazing benefits, great bonus incentives, pension plans etc..If you are a team player with positive attitude this Company is For YOU!
Pros
Great Pension Plan, Bonus, vacations
Good company, a lot of incentives, super retirement plans and benefits. They consider you as humans and not numbers! I've been working for this company since 20 years and wouldn't go anywhere else.
Fairstone is a good company to work for. They focus on work-life balance. Sales skills are key to success as well as your collection abilities. It can be stressful at times, but what challenging career is not stressful? The pay is decent and the benifits are great. New employees start with 3 weeks vacation.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, good pay, stability.
Cons
Stressful month ends, working additional weeeknds when the business requires it.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fairstone?
Always busy at work so the workday goes by fast, lots of support from management, workplace culture is very welcoming and working with a great staff makes all the difference coming into work everyday and making it more enjoyable. I also really enjoy that we have lots of options available to the customer if they are having some trouble making their payment.. at Fairstone we care for the client and try our best to make our service work in the most advantageous way for them which is something that I love. Believing in the product that needs to be sold makes the job that much easier.
Pros
Great Benefits, Support from upper management, products, pay
I have been with Fairstone for 18 years and absolutely love it here. I started with an entry level position and became a Branch Manager within a few years. Fairstone has great incentives, salaries, benefits and tons of room for growth within the organization. If you are looking for a great work environment and a career Fairstone is for you.
I have been with the company for almost 20 years. Most rewarding job I ever had. Offers me challenges and never is boring. Over the last 20 years I have worked as a Lending Specialist 1, 2 and 3 and for the last 4 years as a Branch Manager. It’s a great place to grow your skill set and be successful. We offer a great incentive programs and a amazing benefits program. One area that I feel very lucky with is the work life balance. Throughout my career this company has given me the opportunities to have a successful career and be a mother.
Fairstone is an excellent company to build a career with. Extensive training is provided along with excellent benefits and compensation package.
Fairstone is definitely a career choice for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity.
Fairstone is a great employer who knows how to balance your personal life and work life, who knows how to make you feel appreciated by recognizing your hard work with great incentives structures and gives you the tools needed to grow within the company.

It is a great and fun environment to work in and a place you will want to make your permanent employer, your career.
Pros
Great incentives
I have been with the company for 5 years, the leadership team is great, lots of room for growth and amazing opportunities to grow your career at a fast pace, the benefits are great and there are a lot of great incentives!
If you like a challenging yet rewarding work environment with attainable individual & team goals, this is a place for you. Working for Fairstone for more than 12 years, Fairstone provided me the right training in reaching my goal of one day managing my own branch. Providing my customers the financial solutions that best fit their needs is something that I most enjoy. Finally, to be treated as family makes Fairstone an employer of choice.
Pros
great incentive program
I started 9 years ago. It really doesn’t seem that long ago.
I came into the company with a plan in place and wanting to move up.

Lots of levels to advance and lots of opportunities to advance, if that’s what you want. I am one who wants that.

If you don’t want that, and just want to come to work, do your job and then go home and do the same the next day, that’s fine also.

Fairstone offers an amazing work and life balance.

A very competitive salary, bonuses for exceeding your sales targets, lots of various incentives all the time. Benefits and Pension Plan.

Face to face sales, yes. Phone sales, yes. In branch collections, yes. Customer service and interaction, yes. Admin and paperwork associated with loans, yes.

Loans, Mortgages, Debt Consolidation, That’s for our in Branch Teams.

We also have numerous other departments Canada wide.

Retail Department, Support Staff, Risk, Marketing, Incentives, Digital, IT, Operations and Executive Teams just to name a few.

I am proud to say I work at Fairstone.
I have been with Fairstone for 13 years! I started at the entry level position and within 3 years became an Assistant Manager with my first Branch Manager opportunity at the 5 year mark (which could have been sooner however I wasn't mobile).

Aside from the competitive salary, Lucrative Bonus programs and Industry Leading Benefits package there has been on going training and mentoring through every step in my career. I have made life long friendships and have had numerous mentors that have enabled me to grow not only professionally but in my personal life.

Fairstone truly cares about who you are and what/where your career/personal aspirations are going. HR and Senior Management work along side with you to ensure that your career goals are being met. Not only do they support your growth but they encourage feedback and ideas on how they can improve processes and the customer experience.

Opportunity for advancement continues to grow since we are now a stand alone company and finalized our separation from Citi.

This job is not for the faint at heart and hard work goes a long way! I take great pride in what I do at Fairstone and it does not go un noticed or un appreciated.

It is a customer service based job so if you like people this is definitely the job for you!

We are proud of our Community engagement and we are constantly looking for new ways to support our local communities whether it be with Sponsorships, Volunteering with Local food banks and Educating our Youth on Finance.

Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Recognition are our Mission and Values
 - more...
Pros
Opportunity for Advancement, Compensation Package, Training
Fairstone is a great place to work, I am going on my 20th year and would not change a thing.
There has been a lot of changes due to the transition from one company to the next, however, we have always been given great support and clear instructions on what we needed to do to get the job done.

The management teams are always available to answer questions and give support when needed.

Peer support is amazing and really make you feel part of the team.

The benefits and compensation packages are wonderful and give you so much. The incentives are your for the taking if you assert yourself and exceed your goals.

Our company is all about INTEGRITY, RESPECT, ACCOUNTABILITY AND RECOGNITION and all areas are adhered to daily.

If you want a challenge in your life and you want satisfaction as well then you would enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Compensation and Incentive packages, training and growth with the company.
I have been with Fairstone coming up to 13 years. Fairstone has been very good to me. I get rewarded by a decent salary and great opportunities for bonuses and reward points.
No one would say that this is an easy job. But that is were job satisfaction comes in. Meeting and exceeding goals with managers support, there is lots of encouragement to move up in the company. Something that says a lot about the company is that most, if not all, of the people at the top of the company started in the office as customer service reps.

Workplace culture is to do it right every time. There is no room for misunderstanding that way. Customer service is first and foremost.

If you are up for a challenging career, with lots of rewards, I would encourage you to look closer at Fairstone.