Fairstone

Canada30 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

branchtargetloanincentivebonuscareersalarytraining

Great place to start a new career

Great company to work for with great benefits, fast pace environment, great people interaction. Great on the job training and good salary to start, with flexibility for work/ family life balance

Too many hidden agendas behind targets

They try to low ball u for salary because they think we can make bonus. Not all branches are the same. I was in an unfortunate branch with a manager who did not know to do her job

Pros

If u can, the bonus can be good. But thier compensation structure is tricky

Cons

Very poor managers. No guidence

27 July 2020
We're disappointed that this was your experience. We offer competitive and market-benchmarked benefits and compensation packages which were built in consultation with an external HR consulting firm that is a global leader in the field. Our learning and development team also provides dedicated manager training and the company holds an annual forum specifically dedicated to developing leadership skills among company management.

Insights into Fairstone

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

A company that values work life balance

I have been with this company for 4 years now, I have never worked with a more supportive hard working group of individuals who always have my back and encourage my professional development. My spouse was deployed my first year with the company, I barely made a name for myself yet the management team was very supportive in every way and flexible with my work schedule during this hard time Fairstone is very transparent in every way , they encourage and actually believe in our company values and support full transparency in the workplace , some companies I have worked for in the past all though had values sometimes encouraged you to "bend the rules", Fairstone is not one of those companies, if you work hard follow company policy to the highest standard you are valued and compensated, the management team is always looking for feedback from their employees to better our employment experience. Recently Fairstone invested quite a bit of money upgrading our technology to provide us with the most up to date tools to do our jobs. I look forward to my future working at Fairstone and encourage others to come join our hard working team.

Pros

Excellent benefits, work life hours, 9-5 type job

Cons

Sometimes you have to work a odd weekend.

Excellent workplace and culture

I started with Fairstone on March 2018 and love it here. I worked at multiple branches and the consistency in team work and work life balance is amazing. Culture is very diverse and great to be a part of, management is excellent because they always preach leadership, hardwork and togetherness. I am looking forward to improving my career with a great company that is a leader in the financial industry.

Pros

Great benefits, 3 weeks vacation, opportunity to advance in career.

work

I am an employee at fairstone and I encourage you to apply to a location near you. amazing benefits, achievable monthly bonus, amazing coworkers and an overall great place to work.

Highly recommend working here

Great place to work, exciting opportunity for a lifelong career. Good benefits and excellent work life balance. You can earn lots of perks such as more paid time off and free meals. The job entails both sales and administration and I have personally learned lots about finance and credit. I would highly recommend this company to anyone with a driven, customer oriented personality.

Great Place to Work!

This job is amazing if you are looking for a career where you can branch out and be the best that you can be. It has a competitive pay, amazing benefits, great vacation time, and an overall amazing atmosphere to work in. It has targets that you reach each month, which makes the job a great challenge. When you reach those goals you can bonus like there is no tomorrow. Great place to work and am very happy to be part of their team. I am so glad to have joined them when I did. They helped me balance my life with working mon to fri and to start doing the things I want in life instead of just passing by.

Great Company.

If your looking for a fun and challenging job than Fairstone is for you! Monthly targets that are manageable, great incentives to make more money, wonderful benefits. This company really knows how to take care of their employees, I have only been with the company for a short 6 months but in that time I have noticed how far the company will go to take care of their employees. There are always advancement opportunities, and the company provides proper training and special courses if upper management is something you are interested in. I look forward to my career with Fairstone and highly recommend this company for anyone looking for future employment.

Good Company to work for.

Enjoyed learning new things. My manager and staff were a great help.Was a great opportunity. Benefits are rewarding if you meet your incentives. Benefits after 3 months.

Benefits

Cons

Stressful and demanding of numbers

Work hard and have fun

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR ! Overall the job is easy If you like working with people and doing sales you'll fit right in. It can be hard if your not familiar with the job. Fairstone has great benefits and good pay. If your going to apply keep in mind it can be hard work but it gets easier!

Pros

Pay, benefits, you can earn extra time off, the group i work with is amazing

Cons

Training could be better

26 February 2019
We couldn’t agree more! Thanks for sharing your experience as a Fairstone employee. We’d like to think that the resources, training, and support we provide help all employees enhance their skillsets and enjoy their time at Fairstone. If you have any particular feedback, feel free to share it with your Manager so we can learn from your experience.

High Stress Job with Negative Work Environment

The job can be high stress at times - collection calls, solicitation calls, goal oriented, lending decisions, etc.... Management allowed for inappropriate behaviour, which added to job stress and created poor team work and a negative work environment. Seemed to be double standards for almost everything. Overtime was expected if targets were not met, then paid overtime was held against staff.

Pros

Decent wages, good benefits

Cons

High stress, poor team work, negative work environment

great place to work

Great place to work, full time hours, very good benefits package, unlimited earning potential and great people to work with,,,,,, would reccomend....

Pros

great benefits, training, unlimited earning

26 February 2019
Thanks for the recommendation! We’re glad to hear you’re having a positive experience as a Fairstone employee. We truly are a company fueled by passionate people, and we invest in our employees providing them with the tools and support they need to help grow their career.

absolutely horrible

This is the worst place I have ever worked. The training is inadequate, and management is extremely poor. You will be expected to break policy and go to shady lengths to meet your target sales goals, as well as your delinquency targets. Management bullies staff and relies on fear tactics to get staff to comply. On the plus side the benefits package offered is fantastic. It’s just not enough of a reason to stay with such a bad company.

Pros

Benefits package, decent salary

Cons

Poor work environment, bad managment

26 February 2019
Thank you for sharing your concerns. We are continually advancing our onboarding and training resources, and take our policies and guidelines seriously. We do not tolerate bullying and mistreatment of staff. We strongly encourage you connect with your manager or Human Resources representative to express any concerns.