Fairstone

Fairstone Employee Reviews for Branch Executive

Branch Executive30 reviews
Canada30 reviews

Great work

A great place to work. Days were kind of the same, but different experiences and customer interactions kept me there. It's a great place to work and get the experience you need.

Too many hidden agendas behind targets

They try to low ball u for salary because they think we can make bonus. Not all branches are the same. I was in an unfortunate branch with a manager who did not know to do her job

Pros

If u can, the bonus can be good. But thier compensation structure is tricky

Cons

Very poor managers. No guidence

Official response from Fairstone

27 July 2020
We're disappointed that this was your experience. We offer competitive and market-benchmarked benefits and compensation packages which were built in consultation with an external HR consulting firm that is a global leader in the field. Our learning and development team also provides dedicated manager training and the company holds an annual forum specifically dedicated to developing leadership skills among company management.

Insights into Fairstone

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energizing work tasks

What a joke

This place is all about lend to people with poor credit and make their situation worse. Constantly harassing people to take extensions on their loans or take a second mortgage on their house. Management was a mess

Good pay, bad job.

Solicit your face off, non stop cold calls. People yell at you because you are forced to harass them, calling them day after day until they say HARD no. Which means they basically have to yell and curse at you.

Great company!

I’ve been with the company for 6 months now and love it! There’s plenty of opportunities to advance, monthly bonuses and incentives. I highly recommend hoping our fairstone family!

A company that values work life balance

I have been with this company for 4 years now, I have never worked with a more supportive hard working group of individuals who always have my back and encourage my professional development. My spouse was deployed my first year with the company, I barely made a name for myself yet the management team was very supportive in every way and flexible with my work schedule during this hard time Fairstone is very transparent in every way , they encourage and actually believe in our company values and support full transparency in the workplace , some companies I have worked for in the past all though had values sometimes encouraged you to "bend the rules", Fairstone is not one of those companies, if you work hard follow company policy to the highest standard you are valued and compensated, the management team is always looking for feedback from their employees to better our employment experience. Recently Fairstone invested quite a bit of money upgrading our technology to provide us with the most up to date tools to do our jobs. I look forward to my future working at Fairstone and encourage others to come join our hard working team.

Pros

Excellent benefits, work life hours, 9-5 type job

Cons

Sometimes you have to work a odd weekend.

Excellent workplace and culture

I started with Fairstone on March 2018 and love it here. I worked at multiple branches and the consistency in team work and work life balance is amazing. Culture is very diverse and great to be a part of, management is excellent because they always preach leadership, hardwork and togetherness. I am looking forward to improving my career with a great company that is a leader in the financial industry.

Pros

Great benefits, 3 weeks vacation, opportunity to advance in career.

Great Place to work

Every day is a different day. Management is very engaging and they strive for every employee to meet or exceeds goals on a daily basis. Great bonus structure. Best part about it is you meet people from all walks of life and get a real sense of struggles they have. It is rewarding when you are able to help them.

work

I am an employee at fairstone and I encourage you to apply to a location near you. amazing benefits, achievable monthly bonus, amazing coworkers and an overall great place to work.

Excellent workplace with amazing benefits

I have been into different offices but the workplace culture in this office is remarkable. I have been in this company for almost 10 months now and I am so glad that I am part of the fairstone family. I joined fairstone thinking I would start with an entry level job for some experience but looking at the environment and amazing bonuses I want to advance my career in this company. Great incentives to begin with and a great head start to a career.

Great workplace

I am currently an employee at fairstone , I have been working here for over a year and i definitely recommand it as agood work place and a good enviroment , wonderfull benefit , bonuses , vacations , and a lots of opportunities you can easily get your target and achieve over the target if you worked , Strong management and work team enviroment , Way to go fairstone .

Nice place to work, no hard work only work smart :) Perfect training system, when you join the company, you will be trained well: career courses will teach you about the business, how to talk to the client, time management. Many conference calls and bpos to help new employee to be a professional loan specialist.

Pros

Free hours, Couple free lunch a year

Great company to work for

Fairstone is a great place to work. Great career opportunities and incentive programs with extra bonuses. Great environment to work in and a great place to start a career.

Highly recommend working here

Great place to work, exciting opportunity for a lifelong career. Good benefits and excellent work life balance. You can earn lots of perks such as more paid time off and free meals. The job entails both sales and administration and I have personally learned lots about finance and credit. I would highly recommend this company to anyone with a driven, customer oriented personality.

Excellent Entry Level Experience

Typical day is spent making phone calls to solicit new business for personal loans and collect outstanding balances on delinquent accounts. You learn a ton about the financial world and they don't require much background. Management is very focused on the targets they are required to hit and on providing employee motivation. The hardest part is staying focused and driven as the tasks become familiar sometimes becoming monotonous. The best part is without a doubt helping people in need and in tough financial situations. Overall a good company to get your feet wet in the financial world and build your resume.

Pros

Unlimited earning potential with the bonus incentives

Cons

Long days and repetitive job duties

Workplace Environment and Skills

Company has been really great with accommodating schedules and needs. Co-workers are very helpful and open to any questions. If you are someone that has great interpersonal and communication skills, this job is for you. Looking for a job in the business sector and willing to apply all of your skills and knowledge, working here will put all of those skills at use.

Great Company

Excellent company to work for, lot's of coaching and management pushes its employees to achieve more. If you're willing to put in the work you will be rewarded.

Pros

Great incentives program

Great workplace

Excellent workplace to be in Financial Industry. Training Programs are helpful to move you along the way, great support from the team as well. Very impresssed with easy to approach Management at Branch levels

Nice and fun place to work with extremely supportive management and competitive salary

This is the nice to place to work to build a career within or outside the company. Management is very supportive and gives you the opportunity to grow within the company. For me, I learned so many things which improved my skills set. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get 3 weeks paid vacation and attractive bonus. There is a little pressure of achieving the targets every month but it is all achievable. I am very proud that I work for Fairstone.

Pros

3 weeks paid vacation and online points to do online shopping

Great company to work with

It can be hard to grasp all the tasks at first but it will get easy eventually. The district manager that i have, is the best DM i believe. Benifit is good.

Great place to start a new career

Great company to work for with great benefits, fast pace environment, great people interaction. Great on the job training and good salary to start, with flexibility for work/ family life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairstone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement