Fairstone
Happiness score is 36 out of 100

Fairstone Employee Reviews for BAE

BAE3 reviews
Canada3 reviews

Rewarding career, and exciting fun people

Featured review

Fairstone selected this as a representative review
A lot of these negative reviews are from people who didn't have what it takes. Good job to build on your selling skills. Sales job at the end of day. Good pay, good benefits, training is improving and the desire to motivate and reward employees has always been there.

Pros

Fun work environment, career advancement.

Cons

Long Term Disability is mandatory

Official response from Fairstone

26 February 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience working at Fairstone! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience working with us. As you know, Fairstone prides itself in creating an environment where employees can grow and develop; to get there, we’re continually working on our training, support, and incentive programs.

Welcoming atmosphere at first, quickly became stressful

I recently worked at Fairstone and realized early it was not the career for me. While my managers were lovely people, I found the training to be very inadequate and unsuitable to my learning style, especially as I was brand new to the industry. There are the first 9 days that consist an information dump learned via online tools and tutorials, with a quiz at the end of each subject. I found it difficult to retain much of anything, and then things move very quickly to getting on the phone to begin with solicitation, delinquency calls and learning to take applications, with very little hands on practice or opportunity to fully understand what to say or do in specific instances, which caused me to feel incompetent and not confident in the role. As it is a daily pressure to attain sales goals and meet delinquency targets, the general message is one of stress, in the form of daily review of performance metrics and reminders of where you need to be, as well as hearing how stressful it is while a colleague is trying to do their job. As the manager and assistant manager both have targets to meet as well and have to concentrate on their duties, I found it frustrating to have to interrupt them frequently to assist with my training. Also, a new employee has targets to meet within a month of being hired, which I found to be too soon and was stressful on top of trying to absorb the information and learn the job. The role is primarily to book loans and bring in as much business as possible, so the main focus is entirely money based-great if you are motivated just by money, but not -

Pros

Spacious, clean office and decent working hours

Cons

Inadequate training and stressful working environment

Insights into Fairstone

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energizing work tasks

Excellent Management

The company is a fair place to work especially for people with children and young ones. The time off is great for families and the benefits are endless. The management team are human and they listen when you need any sort of help. I've enjoyed my time with company and looking ever forward to moving up to higher position with the company. I will recommend the company to my family and friends in general.

Pros

Incentives/Benefits, Vacation/Time Off.

Cons

None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairstone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement