Fairstone
Happiness score is 30 out of 100

Fairstone Employee Reviews

Rewarding career, and exciting fun people

Featured review

Fairstone selected this as a representative review
A lot of these negative reviews are from people who didn't have what it takes. Good job to build on your selling skills. Sales job at the end of day. Good pay, good benefits, training is improving and the desire to motivate and reward employees has always been there.

Pros

Fun work environment, career advancement.

Cons

Long Term Disability is mandatory

26 February 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience working at Fairstone! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience working with us. As you know, Fairstone prides itself in creating an environment where employees can grow and develop; to get there, we’re continually working on our training, support, and incentive programs.

Management will dictate your work experience

Fairstone provides a work culture that is highly based on your direct manager and their relationship with upper management. This position is more sales than I was initially led to believe with tough targets and many mitigating factors that are generally out of your control. Daily tasks are numerous and as with many other positions the better you are at your job the more they pile on your plate often without recognition or thanks. The job is stressful, but it is full time with benefits and standard office hours.

Pros

Full time, benefits

Cons

Stressful work environment, lack lusture management

It was a wonderful experience to work at Fairstone, learned a lot about selling skills, colleagues were always supportive and amazing, work-life balance, great benefits, I enjoyed working at Fairstone and totally recommend working there.

Chill

It is amazing to work for Fairstone , we are working as team , Clear P&P , very well to have professional life and family time . Managers are always there for all workers

A growing environment with interesting initiatives

My overall experience working at Fairstone has been quite positive. The Executive team and senior management are quite approachable and open to new ideas. The teams are welcoming and employees are enthousiastic about coming to work everyday. The pandemic has brought challenges, like in any organization, but the teams kept working hard, in collegiality, to ensure safety for all. It has brought everyone closer together, like one big family.There are many opportunities to grow for anyone who seeks a good challenge and participate in an initiative to enhance how we work. Although salaries may not always be at par with the market, the overall remuneration/benefits package is very interesting.I recommend working at Fairstone.

Pros

Innovative organization with many opportunities

20 September 2021
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed working at Fairstone! We are committed to ensure to our employees meaningful work experiences. Thank you for posting and all the best with your new role.

Fairstone is recommendable!!

At Fairstone, I worked with a team who made happy to be with them. I learned a lot of things at this company, especially, how to manage files properly, how to explain to customers if they are out of policy and how to help them to build a better credit score. I enjoyed working at this company that I totally recommend to work at.

20 September 2021
Your views are appreciated! It’s always nice to receive positive comments. We work hard to provide a positive work environment for all employees. Thank you.

Na

The more you do, the more they expect from you. They expect you to give more than they can compensate you. Sadly to see ,there is not much room for advancement, promotions are limited to higher ups favourites only, no one else is recognized .

20 September 2021
We're sorry to hear about your experience. Whenever possible, we promote and develop talent internally to ensure our branch managers understand their customers and employees. We invite you to reach out to your manager to further discuss your comments. Thank you for your posting.

The interview process is smooth and easy. My advice is to convince them that you can be successful in this position. You need to give examples from your past experiences. I really enjoyed the interview process.They have great training which makes you ready to work after 2 weeks.A typical day in the Fairstone branch is starting by soliciting customers from different sources. If you have a loan request, it takes 10 to 15 minutes to make a decision. Then you need to call for collections. There are also administrative duties to do. The management is approachable and they want you to succeed.

Pros

benefits, bonuses, good management, regular office ours, good company culture, good training.

Cons

Soliciting

12 July 2021
We’re glad you are enjoying working at Fairstone. We want to ensure our employees enjoy meaningful work experiences. Fairstone has policies and programs to help employees develop the skills they need to excel in their jobs, including training, mentorship and more. Thank you for your valuable feedback on your experience in the interview process.

Fairstone: Where stats trump morals, and where the needs of the shareholders come first

If you want to work for an Insurance company Fairstone is for you. Upper management is negative and they talk down to employees! They only care about auxillary products (INSURANCE Products and Home & Auto) if you are not "selling" these optional products you are punished by having underqualified "trainers" micro-manage your staff. Upper management is condescending and they have NO idea what they are talking about, they just tell you what to do, but they haven't actually touched a loan file in years. The pay is not worth the stress! People are quiting left and right. Upper management has no idea what they are talking about. They are just justifying their job, so they don't get fired! Upper management needs to change the way they speak to the employees and run the business. Do yourself a favour and look for another company to work for.

Pros

Work-Life Balance

Cons

They only care about stats, negative work environment, you're encouraged to omit details about optional insurance products

12 May 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We’re disappointed to hear about your experience. We are committed to maintaining a positive work environment across our organization that reflect our culture and at its core are our values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Recognition, Diversity and Innovation. Thank you for your feedback.

Not fun

No training. Constant pressure of hitting the target, Your manager will not train you but will ask everything in return, No overtime is paid if you do work overtime. Customer are not told about all the other insurance product they have purchased with the loan, and the employee have to skip the part to hit Their targets.

Pros

Cons

No training, no support, you have to be con artist to survive.

12 May 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. Fairstone has policies and programs to help employees develop the skills they need to excel in their jobs, including training, mentorship and more. We encourage you to contact your HRBP to discuss and raise your concerns for evaluation. We always value feedback from our employees, so thank you.

Je déteste cette job

Burn out dès la première année, aucun soutien, travail non valorisant, non gratifiant, m'a rendu malade et me tue à petit feu.

Pros

Rien

Cons

Surcharge de travail

10 March 2021
Merci d'avoir partagé votre opinion. Nous sommes désolés que vous vous sentiez ainsi. La Financière Fairstone a à cœur le bien-être de ses employés et nous veillons à assurer un environnement de travail sain. Nous vous invitons à contacter le service des ressources humaines afin de nous faire part de votre situation pour que nous puissions vous aider à surmonter cette étape. De plus, vous pouvez également vous référer au Programme d’aide aux employés SynerVie qui permet à tous les employés de bénéficier de services personnalisés afin d’améliorer leur bien-être. Ce service totalement confidentiel vous offre par exemple des conseils, des références professionnels, des ressources et des outils en ligne qui sont disponibles en tout temps.

Great Career Starter

Fairstone was the only financial institution that gave me an opportunity when I just came to Canada 3 yrs ago. You get thrown in the deep end pretty quickly you either learn to swim or sink. I learned to swim and swam pretty well. My manager was exceptional, she is tough but fair. If you make a mistake, she doesn't make you feel stupid, she let you know that everything can be fixed not to worry. She got my back and always fights for her staff. Within 6 months of her coaching I was consistently meeting my targets winning trips and awards. The work load is a lot for the pay you receive but your job is secure and the benefits are great. While other banks cut hrs and closed branches in COVID Fairstone stayed open. Despite the constant abuse from the customers Fairstone is a great place to start your career - it teaches sales skills, patience, tolerance and builds thick skin.

Pros

Great benefits, great management, amazing team

Cons

Disrespectful customers

10 March 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. We're glad you're enjoying working with us. Fairstone has a number of learning & development programs to help employees develop the skills they need to excel in their jobs, including training, mentorship and more. We're looking forward to providing you guidance to your continued growth at Fairstone!

real teamwork

My experience with the company was positive. I have a good team leader. training is a must at this company as policies change every day for different customer needs.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

fast past which can be stressful

Ontario has the worst Area Director and is known as a snake by employees

This company only cares about making money for when investors are ready to sell and do not care for their managers and employees. This is one company that has over 3 to 4 legal battle filed a year with employees

Pros

Favoritism

Cons

Managers and Districts works 60 hours and more per week with no work life balance

6 January 2021
At Fairstone, we act according to our core company values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Recognition. We encourage and support open dialogue and transparency between management and employees around roles and responsibilities. We also understand the importance of work-life balance. Our employees have access to a minimum of three weeks paid vacation, personal days, sick days, and time for volunteering engagement, among other allocations.

Assurance collective

Cette entreprise ne respecte pas les engagements pri avec les employés. Si on réussit les objectifs, elle va augmenter les objectifs et si tu ne réussis pas ton objectif, elle te rencontre et te fait voir que tu n’as pas fait assez d’efforts pour faire ton objectif. C’est une entreprise a pression

Cons

Pas de pause, surcharge de travail

n/a

For want of time I am not able to to give you an answer. No regrets working from home during COVID. I still do the same job in a different invironment, observing same rules. Not much has changed.

Not a great company to work for

If you like to make 30 calls per day while juggling other incoming phone calls, admin work, being short staffed, loan appointments, emails, and on going learning this could be good for you you’ll always be busy, the pay as a secondary lending specialist was not worth the hassle

Benefits

Cons

Collecting money over the phone from people

Sales Mongers

You gotta call people all day, some of them sign their lives away, people are duped into signing hidden clauses and commissions are just a bait. Idk how people work here (Kitchener Branch)

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Need a bigger space for that

Horrible Management structure

Even after being a top performer - They keep you at the minimum level, so that they pay you minimum and get more out from you. Giving an excuse of company policy and nonsense that promotions are restricted due to COVID. Well they don’t care about COVID when it comes to sales performance, one still needs to do what they achieved before, why they dont do promotions and pay raise for the ones who are the best of all? I am still unable to find answer to that after performing month after month. I feel totally demotivated to work, I am working just because lack of other options.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Unfair pay, stress is all time high.

Too many hidden agendas behind targets

They try to low ball u for salary because they think we can make bonus. Not all branches are the same. I was in an unfortunate branch with a manager who did not know to do her job

Pros

If u can, the bonus can be good. But thier compensation structure is tricky

Cons

Very poor managers. No guidence

27 July 2020
We're disappointed that this was your experience. We offer competitive and market-benchmarked benefits and compensation packages which were built in consultation with an external HR consulting firm that is a global leader in the field. Our learning and development team also provides dedicated manager training and the company holds an annual forum specifically dedicated to developing leadership skills among company management.

Good Conmpany

Good salary, they are good people, I gladly recommend this company, no problems.......................................................... Good benefits

Pros

Cons

Some products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairstone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement