Fairstone Employee Reviews

Fairstone: A Place to Grow and Mature, Professionally and Personally, Through Unique Challenges and Opportunities
Marketing (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 October 2018
Fairstone is a rewarding place to work, and has only gotten better and better over the more recent months as we mature into our new identity, transitioning from being owned by one of the largest banks in the world, CitiGroup, to an independent, privately owned organization, Fairstone. Every day things get improved and pushed forward to make us a more innovative, modern and exciting company to work for.

One thing Fairstone is particularly good at is recognizing hard-working, passionate employees through awards, annual bonuses and merit increases, competitive salaries, opportunities to travel and present at different company events, and more. I have always felt very appreciated and rewarded at Fairstone for the work I've put in. Yes, times will get busy and things will get chaotic, but if you push through and do your work, you will be recognized for your ability to persevere and see the finish line.

The amount of growth I have experienced, personally and professionally, since I started at Fairstone 3+ years ago is incredible. I can only thank and attribute it to my boss, who has challenged me in new ways - but ways he knew I was capable of handling - to be a stronger, harder working and more efficient employee. I wouldn't be nearly as developed as an employee and contributor to the business without the guidance and support of a strong manager.

If you have the opportunity to work at Fairstone, you too, are lucky! You won't want to leave, and they will make sure that as an employer, they do their best to keep you happy and keep you around long-term. They value employees
  more... and want to turn even the most junior and new of employees into long-term successful employees that stay and grow within the organization.  less
Pros
Competitive Salary, 4 Weeks Vacation, Strong Management, Innovative Thinkers, Unique Opportunities
Cons
Dated Technology
Stressful
BAE1 (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador2 October 2018
Very stressful, no support, draining! Unattainable targets! No matter what you do it is never good enough. Be prepared to be called names you have never heard by customers and to be made to feel insignificant by management.
Rewarding career, and exciting fun people
BAE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2018
A lot of these negative reviews are from people who didn't have what it takes. Good job to build on your selling skills. Sales job at the end of day. Good pay, good benefits, training is improving and the desire to motivate and reward employees has always been there.
Pros
Fun work environment, career advancement.
Cons
Long Term Disability is mandatory
Badly Managed company that Busines wise is 100 year old but Management wise is only one and it shows.
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downtown Montreal21 June 2018
Was an Analyst working in IT . Management resources are only about one year old. Business management is acceptable but IT was extremely poor. Very demanding environment having unreasonable expectations and providing minimal support, consequently you have to work overtime in a stressful environment. Success not rewarded.
Minimal support from your direct manager. You have to fight to get the proper tools for your work, even basic items like a phone. If you try to be proactive by providing positive critics or opinions it often backfire on you. Not recommending this company to anybody.
Cons
Bad management, Stressful environment, Achievements not recognized
Productive place to work.
Operations Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2018
I learned a lot at Fairstone. I was able to fine turn my operation skills, customer service skills working there. I was able to use time management skills to complete tasks.
Work hard and have fun
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB28 May 2018
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR !

Overall the job is easy If you like working with people and doing sales you'll fit right in. It can be hard if your not familiar with the job. Fairstone has great benefits and good pay.

If your going to apply keep in mind it can be hard work but it gets easier!
Pros
Pay, benefits, you can earn extra time off, the group i work with is amazing
Cons
Training could be better
Fairstone - An employer that suits you
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2018
One of Fairstone's values is Accountability. Own your role and behave responsibility. This is a company that encourages you to look at problems as opportunities for professional development and learn new skills along the way. As a financing company, there are a lot of rules and regulations that we are required to follow each day, regardless of what role you are in, but the structure is designed to leave room for responsible innovation while ensuring we protect our customers and our brand.

Like any company, there are regular duties, performance metrics and responsibilities that need to be met each day and they differ based on your area of focus (Sales, Operations, Marketing, Risk, Finance...etc). Fairstone is a company focused on growth, and there are lots of opportunities to try new things, tackle problems and innovate. Own your role. Own your career.

The people are what make a workplace enjoyable. The London centralized office is full of passionate talented individuals who work hard, laugh a lot, and enjoy working together. Hectic? Sometimes. Changing environment? Often. Boring? Never.

I enjoy assisting our branch network manage their conduct and fraud risks and building relationships with a diverse group of Canadians along the way. I've been able to take advantage of tuition reimbursement programs, expand my professional skills, take on unique assignments and work with many different areas of the business.
Receptionnist
Receptionnist (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC6 May 2018
They say if you are looking for easy, for simple, stress-free working environment then Fairstone is not for you, of course. However they do not give you the right training for that (if there was a training/ non sense). Nothing there, employees have to be supported, they arenot. Manager is poor, the manager supposed to be a person
who supports his team and not only criticize them please. The manager is always asking from his employe, a few or no support exists at this place
This is the worst place I have ever worked. As said the training is inadequate, and management is extremely poor. . Management bullies staff and relies on fear tactics to comply. If you don't obey, you will get in trouble. The manager is not aware that he is not respectful towards his employees and his boss is never there to remind him.
On the other hand the benefits package offered is fantastic !!!. It’s just not enough of a reason to stay with such a bad company.Sorry about that we regret but we think its a matter of branchmanager rather than the companie
Do your own researchs before working for this companie. Marketing is there to gild the pill, thats ok.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
No time for breaks / no real support from manager
Good place to work for new grads
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2018
People in my group are really nice to help me, answer any question I have, and encourage me to be better. The pressure for the first month was not high, so I have enough time to get familiar with everything and learn everything I need.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
less challenge
Opportunity knocks with Fairstone
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 January 2018
If you are looking for easy, for simple, for a mundane and stress-free working environment then Fairstone is not for you. If you are motivated, like to challenge yourself and feel the accomplishment of success as an individual and as a part of a team, if you like the idea of great earning potential and if you have empathy, compassion, integrity and intelligence then Fairstone may be the perfect place for you!!

It is a company with so much to offer the right people, and the right people find themselves employed there for 5, 10, 15 and 20+ years. Those for whom Fairstone is not the right fit realize it relatively quickly and move on to other things.

Fairstone mentors and trains its employees to be as successful as they can and want to be, promoting from within right to the top management positions. Aside from a very good salary, the right individuals find great earning potential, an excellent bonus/rewards structure and fantastic health and pension benefits.

To sum it up - its a company which offers so much but expects a fair lot from its employees in return - where much is given, much is expected.

If you are one of the "right" people, you will want to be a part of this!!
Pros
Earning potential, benefits, promotions, career building, leadership and management training
Challenging and rewarding career
Branch Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 December 2017
Fairstone has many great opportunities for those who like to be challenged and are satisfied with rewards and recognition based on performance. The right person has to be people-oriented and be able to apply problem-solving in order to help people in their various financial situations. It is very exciting to be in a position to help families make their dreams become a reality. We have goals and an excellent training program to prepare someone to become successful in this job. When you can look yourself in the mirror every night and be satisfied that you have made a difference, then that is what it is all about. Ethical and transparent dealings with clients ensures a good reputation and can lead to very long-term client relationships.
Pros
Rewards and recognition based on performance. Satisfaction in helping people.
Cons
Misinformation about what we do for our customers.
Fantastic Place good culture and Awesome people. Nice location and work culture is very professional and commending so lot of positives. Also my immed
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2017
Fantastic Place good culture and Awesome people.
Growing Company
Pros
Employee Appreciation - Week
Cons
Stagnancy felt
Excellent Culture and a Great Career
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan2 December 2017
I started with the company 15 years ago on a temporary mat leave position at the bottom of the list at a young age. They were very flexible with my schedule to the fact that they let me go to university during the days and still work there. Then they paid for my final two years of university where I graduated with a degree in business and marketing. Once I was finished school I was given the opportunity to open a brand new office of my own to manage. 13 years later, I'm now running an entire province. Best career move I ever made for myself and my family. I advanced extremely quickly where I will continue to grow. I was also able to change many other employees lives for the better over the time. I could never see myself doing anything else. I started from as low as you can go and over a short period of time I moved up the ladder with hard work and the support of the company. They gave me great training in which I could apply to anything now and it has helped with my success in life.
Pros
Work Life Balance/Compensation with lucrative bonus structure/Benefits Package
great place to work
BRANCH ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE 2 (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia24 October 2017
Great place to work, full time hours, very good benefits package, unlimited earning potential and great people to work with,,,,,, would reccomend....
Pros
great benefits, training, unlimited earning
absolutely horrible
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia7 October 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked. The training is inadequate, and management is extremely poor. You will be expected to break policy and go to shady lengths to meet your target sales goals, as well as your delinquency targets. Management bullies staff and relies on fear tactics to get staff to comply.
On the plus side the benefits package offered is fantastic. It’s just not enough of a reason to stay with such a bad company.
Pros
Benefits package, decent salary
Cons
Poor work environment, bad managment
Run away! Absolute garbage company
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Quebec5 October 2017
If you don't obey, you'll get in real trouble. I've seen pretty shady stuff happen. Managers think everyone is stupid except themselves. Do not get affiliated with this horrible company!
no thanks
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2017
asked to do things that break policy or compliance if you say no you get in trouble, the only people who succeed in this business are ones who lie, cheat, and bully their ways to the top