Fairstone Employee Reviews

Welcoming atmosphere at first, quickly became stressful
BAE (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 February 2019
I recently worked at Fairstone and realized early it was not the career for me. While my managers were lovely people, I found the training to be very inadequate and unsuitable to my learning style, especially as I was brand new to the industry. There are the first 9 days that consist an information dump learned via online tools and tutorials, with a quiz at the end of each subject. I found it difficult to retain much of anything, and then things move very quickly to getting on the phone to begin with solicitation, delinquency calls and learning to take applications, with very little hands on practice or opportunity to fully understand what to say or do in specific instances, which caused me to feel incompetent and not confident in the role.

As it is a daily pressure to attain sales goals and meet delinquency targets, the general message is one of stress, in the form of daily review of performance metrics and reminders of where you need to be, as well as hearing how stressful it is while a colleague is trying to do their job. As the manager and assistant manager both have targets to meet as well and have to concentrate on their duties, I found it frustrating to have to interrupt them frequently to assist with my training. Also, a new employee has targets to meet within a month of being hired, which I found to be too soon and was stressful on top of trying to absorb the information and learn the job. The role is primarily to book loans and bring in as much business as possible, so the main focus is entirely money based-great if you are motivated just by money, but not
  more... fulfilling in any other way.

The pay is OK for an entry level role and benefits are great. Shifts are 8.5 hours with just one half hour break (not paid) and I found it quite exhausting. This role is great for some people, and the company seems to treat it's employees fairly.
Pros
Spacious, clean office and decent working hours
Cons
Inadequate training and stressful working environment
Great Company to work for.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 February 2019
Fairstone is a good company to work for. They focus on work-life balance. Sales skills are key to success as well as your collection abilities. It can be stressful at times, but what challenging career is not stressful? The pay is decent and the benifits are great. New employees start with 3 weeks vacation.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, good pay, stability.
Cons
Stressful month ends, working additional weeeknds when the business requires it.
A company that values work life balance
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2019
I have been with this company for 4 years now, I have never worked with a more supportive hard working group of individuals who always have my back and encourage my professional development. My spouse was deployed my first year with the company, I barely made a name for myself yet the management team was very supportive in every way and flexible with my work schedule during this hard time

Fairstone is very transparent in every way , they encourage and actually believe in our company values and support full transparency in the workplace , some companies I have worked for in the past all though had values sometimes encouraged you to "bend the rules", Fairstone is not one of those companies, if you work hard follow company policy to the highest standard you are valued and compensated, the management team is always looking for feedback from their employees to better our employment experience.

Recently Fairstone invested quite a bit of money upgrading our technology to provide us with the most up to date tools to do our jobs. I look forward to my future working at Fairstone and encourage others to come join our hard working team.
Pros
Excellent benefits, work life hours, 9-5 type job
Cons
Sometimes you have to work a odd weekend.
They take care of their employees
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2019
I have been with Fairstone for 18 years and absolutely love it here. I started with an entry level position and became a Branch Manager within a few years. Fairstone has great incentives, salaries, benefits and tons of room for growth within the organization. If you are looking for a great work environment and a career Fairstone is for you.
Excellent workplace and culture
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON6 February 2019
I started with Fairstone on March 2018 and love it here. I worked at multiple branches and the consistency in team work and work life balance is amazing. Culture is very diverse and great to be a part of, management is excellent because they always preach leadership, hardwork and togetherness. I am looking forward to improving my career with a great company that is a leader in the financial industry.
Pros
Great benefits, 3 weeks vacation, opportunity to advance in career.
work
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 February 2019
I am an employee at fairstone and I encourage you to apply to a location near you. amazing benefits, achievable monthly bonus, amazing coworkers and an overall great place to work.
Excellent workplace with amazing benefits
branch account executive (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON6 February 2019
I have been into different offices but the workplace culture in this office is remarkable. I have been in this company for almost 10 months now and I am so glad that I am part of the fairstone family. I joined fairstone thinking I would start with an entry level job for some experience but looking at the environment and amazing bonuses I want to advance my career in this company. Great incentives to begin with and a great head start to a career.
Great workplace
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2019
I am currently an employee at fairstone ,
I have been working here for over a year and i definitely recommand it as agood work place and a good enviroment , wonderfull benefit , bonuses , vacations , and a lots of opportunities you can easily get your target and achieve over the target if you worked ,
Strong management and work team enviroment ,
Way to go fairstone .
Great company with room for advancement.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON5 February 2019
I have been with this company for 14 years. I started with the company with limited experience in the field as a entry level position. This company offered me room to grow and devolop from within. We have great training programs for anyone looking for a career. In a short period of time I was promoted to a Branch Manager Role. With the support of a great team and senior management I was able to continue my development and was recently promoted once again to District Manager.
I recommend this place of employment for anyone looking for a high paced sales enviroment that is looking for potential in career advancement.
Pros
Competitive benefits, flexible work hours, Advancement opportunities, unlimited earning potential.
We own this!
LS2 (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON5 February 2019
I am very fortunate to be a part of the fairstone family. My work/life balance has improved drastically since joining early 2018. The hours are more than reasonable, goals are attainable and the incentives are impressive!
I would like to see senior management more regularly, in order to gain an understanding of what it took to get them into their positions as I am looking to keep fairstone as my lifelong careeer.
Pros
Incentives, 3 weeks vacation to start now, experienced staff, etc.
Great Place to Work!!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 February 2019
I have been with the company for almost 20 years. Most rewarding job I ever had. Offers me challenges and never is boring. Over the last 20 years I have worked as a Lending Specialist 1, 2 and 3 and for the last 4 years as a Branch Manager. It’s a great place to grow your skill set and be successful. We offer a great incentive programs and a amazing benefits program. One area that I feel very lucky with is the work life balance. Throughout my career this company has given me the opportunities to have a successful career and be a mother.
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2019
Nice place to work, no hard work only work smart :)

Perfect training system, when you join the company, you will be trained well: career courses will teach you about the business, how to talk to the client, time management. Many conference calls and bpos to help new employee to be a professional loan specialist.
Pros
Free hours, Couple free lunch a year
Excellent Place To Work
Branch account Executive (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 January 2019
Excellent managers and staff. Excellent training. Good wages plus extra bonus. Good hours. Always learning. New adventures each day. Excellent clients.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment
Cons
Having to turn potential clients down
Great Career Opportunity
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 January 2019
Fairstone is an excellent company to build a career with. Extensive training is provided along with excellent benefits and compensation package.
Fairstone is definitely a career choice for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity.
Great company to work for
Branch Account Executive 1 (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK18 January 2019
Fairstone is a great place to work. Great career opportunities and incentive programs with extra bonuses. Great environment to work in and a great place to start a career.
Great hours, a sense of community, and amazing perks.
Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC18 January 2019
Working here for almost a year I can safely say the support from all levels of management are there to help if you ask! Team work is important when working in this type of setting. Getting along with co-workers is key. The company has amazing incentives to keep morale up and nothing beats the Monday to Friday setting. Advancement is available as long as your committed and fine with relocating. I see myself staying here until retirement.
Pros
Room for advancement. Good hours and benefits
Cons
Needing to turn down customers.
Great Company to work for!!!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK17 January 2019
Fairstone is a great employer who knows how to balance your personal life and work life, who knows how to make you feel appreciated by recognizing your hard work with great incentives structures and gives you the tools needed to grow within the company.

It is a great and fun environment to work in and a place you will want to make your permanent employer, your career.
Pros
Great incentives
Highly recommend working here
Branch account executive (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK17 January 2019
Great place to work, exciting opportunity for a lifelong career. Good benefits and excellent work life balance. You can earn lots of perks such as more paid time off and free meals. The job entails both sales and administration and I have personally learned lots about finance and credit. I would highly recommend this company to anyone with a driven, customer oriented personality.
Great Career Opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 January 2019
I have been with Fairstone over 28 years now and each year has been more challenging and rewarding then the last. Fairstone offers you a Career, not just a job. If you enjoy being part of a team, are sales oriented and like to be compensated for your hard work then Fairstone is the career for you!
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Work/Life Balance
Fun worplace, Healthy work environment
Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dryden, ON16 January 2019
Fairstone is a great company to work for the team here always supports each other and while it can be stressful at time the great incentive program and benefits more then make up for it and make your hard work completely worth your while. This is a company where hard work is celebrated and rewarded not just in your branch but through out the whole company.
Pros
great benefits, Great incentive program, healthy work environment
Cons
Can be stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairstone. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3