Fairstone

Fairstone Employee Reviews

Canada109 reviews
It was really nice working at fairstone. All staff members were so nice & motivating.
It was very nice working at fairstone. Learn a lot about financing and about open ended conversations with customers.Learn so much Always thankful to them for giving me this opportunity to grow in this feild.
Not a job to be proud of.
The benefits are some of the best I've seen, but not worth the constant stress and moral feeling of doing something so wrong.

You solicit most of the day, and make collection calls. You're expected to call people you know, who may not feel comfortable with you knowing their sensitive financial information. Policy is broken just to get the deal.

The gossip that tenured employees partake in is rude and unprofessional, about each other and about customers.
Horrible stress and very little employee recognition for front line workers
Horrible pay. Horrible training. Very negative and unpleasant stress on a monthly basis. Very poor management. Very little employee recognition. Bonus structure complicated and impacted by account collection which is not told to you when bonus is explained while onboarding. No holiday party or any type of team building excersize
Not a good place to work
You’re given sales targets that continually go up. After 4 years I’m amazed I can still hit them. Numbers are all that matters you’re only as good as the last loan you get the company. Depending on when you get hired the most you will get is a month of training and then will be expected to hit normal sales targets in your first full month. Other employees gossip about everyone. Very hard to work up the chain there are not a lot of branches and upper management promote those they like, most job postings the hiring manager already has who they want in mind and that’s who gets the job. It’s a popularity contest. District managers will try to make you do things against policy. Customers and employees in the branches are just numbers. They don’t care how you get to your targets as long as you get there and you get reprimanded for not selling “optional products”. You have to call all day long unless you are closing a loan. You call to solicit people who really can’t afford it or you call to collect payments. Only thing I will say is they have a good benefit program and IF you can hit your targets they have good monthly bonuses and a points program.
Pros
Points program and bonuses if you achieve goals.
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Been with the company over 5yrs now and it has its ups and downs
It’s very high demanding and numbers driven not a lot of support of you don’t hit your “targets”, low salary for the job I do. Hard to compete with banks with the crazy high rates
Pros
Benefits, vacation and pension
Cons
Low salary, high demanding & very stressful
What a joke
This place is all about lend to people with poor credit and make their situation worse.

Constantly harassing people to take extensions on their loans or take a second mortgage on their house.

Management was a mess
productive and fun place to work
enjoyed my time at fairstone, working environment was very helpful and cooperative, I really get along the people there and the work load was good as well
No fair treatment between staff
Unequal treatment of staff, minimal coaching versus 100% attainment of very high targets. Long term staff made it a toxic work environment. Stay away.
Pros
Work site is in the office and business skills are applied
Cons
discrimination
Great work
A great place to work. Days were kind of the same, but different experiences and customer interactions kept me there. It's a great place to work and get the experience you need.
Excellent
Super excellent place to work and nice people understanding, excellent service. Management is great and its diverse and encouraging place to work. Wi
Excellent place to work but not so great pay
Having an excellent experience at Fairstone with an excellent working environment. Great people culture and excellent benefits.Only problem is the pay that is below average
Can't beat the pay and benefits
If you like talking and sales then this job is for you!!! If you like an administration job where all you do is answer phones and paper work than this job isn't for you. The job isn't easy you do have to work to excel at it but the reward is there. If you are self motivated and have lots of drive you can make wicked bonus. There is also room for advancement. The benefits are top notch as well. I enjoy my job and work with a great team. Everyone here helps each other out and we have a great support system from the employer.
Good pay, bad job.
Solicit your face off, non stop cold calls. People yell at you because you are forced to harass them, calling them day after day until they say HARD no. Which means they basically have to yell and curse at you.
Professional, challenging, flexible and fast-paced environment
I have been with Fairstone formally CitiFinacial for almost 7 years. With in a year I was promoted as Branch Assistant manager and a year after as Branch manager. They have great management who understands their employee’s needs. Everyone here cares about each other and it is a great place to learn and grow within organizations. This company is heavily involved in community and offer its emplyees paid time to volunteer!!
I highly recommend working for this organization.
Great work envrionment
The job was just not for me. But the envrioment in which I worked with my boss and co-worker was fun and relaxed. I appreciate all that Fairstone taught me and all the amazing memories made there.
Terrible management and sales pressure
Do not recomend working for this company. Pay was pretty good but does not outweigh all the stress and pressure that comes with a position within this company
Official response from Fairstone
19 October 2019
We are disappointed to hear this feedback. We emphasize the importance of balance by ensuring our employees have access to a minimum of three weeks paid vacation, personal days, sick days, and time for volunteering engagement, among others. We also strive to create an environment that encourages open dialogue around expectations of roles and accountability. Some periods in any business may be busier and the pressure can build, we recognize that may not be for everyone but we provide tools, outlets and resources to help employees manage through busier periods.
Productive, Commission-based sales
A typical day at work includes but is not limited to: sales and collection calls, completing customer applications and performing credit and approval checks. Presenting legal loan documents with knowledge and use of the privacy act and maintains excellent customer service in a small team-based setting. There is always something to do and can be a very rewardingly productive business to work in.
god work life balance
fast paced. associates are very helpful. you just need to exceed your targets everytime so you get bonus. you get to learn a lot of things about finances.
Lending Specialist
My first impression is a positive one. Seems like a reasonably ran company with realistic self-awareness and goals. Training is extensive and vacation is 3 weeks which is amazing. Definitely not a bad job for a professional looking for regular hours and a good company culture.
excellent place to work
excellent place to work and excellent team. great management and awesome people, it feels like family working with them, they appreciate and always ready to teach
Opportunity is Yours
I started with the company about 8 years ago and have had the opportunity advance with the company. I started as an Assistant Manager and in a matter of less than a year I was up to a Branch Manager and have had the opportunity through various training programs and support from District Manager, Senior Management and co-workers to move up and manage 3 different Branches each one larger in size.

If you are a team player with a positive attitude and you are looking for a great work environment along with an opportunity for a CAREER then the company Fairstone is definitely for you.

Fairstone offers a competitive salary, bonus for exceeding your sales targets, lots of various incentives along with an excellent benefit and Pension Plan.

With everything that Fairstone does for not only its employees, customers and for it communities across Canada makes me say that I am proud to work at Fairstone
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Training and Support, Compensation/Salary